What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 5/16/23 5:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin folks.

today I find out if I keep my pain pum*****t. Doubt that I will and honestly I'm really tired of it....all of it. I am just afraid of the after part. I will try to get an ok for medical marijuana of some type but I am not sure they'll allow it.

I may call about my colonoscopy and endoscopy. They haven't set the appointment yet and I just want to make sure they remember me lol.

I also have an appointment with my psychologist which is much needed.

QOTD: I could be an armorer so some sort for those fighting and kind of survive like that but honestly I dunno if I!d care too.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/23 6:35 am

Hugs. I really hate for you to dealing with the pain.

I have days, weeks when the pain gets the best of me. But then I get some relief...even partial and I can breathe again. I found a combination of steroids injection- pain meds, topical rubs- creams, stretching, treatments...etc... that work synergistically.... I had moments- or even hours that I get almost full relief... plus with low cortisone and low thyroid- I can sleep... Keith tells me sometimes that I "whimper" in my sleep during days when my pain it's uncontrollable during the day. So I'm probably hurting but I'm not aware of it. He sometimes asks me when I'm going to see my PM doc or when I had my last injection... reminding me that it may be time for another. Years ago he tried to wake me up when he heard me "crying" but now he knows it's better to let me sleep.

I found a combination of pain meds plus herbal concentrate that takes away even my nerve pain. But....the herb (not MJ or hemp) is highly addictive to me...so I know I have to be really careful about it. Specially mixing it with opiates. But it feels so good not being in pain. It's addictive on mental level not only physical- the no pain, or a very very minimal pain. But inwas able to cut my opiates to less than 50%. And the concentrate is very expensive. That also would limit how much I'm willing to spend. I think heroine would be cheaper...just kidding...the stuff is totally legal for now. That how I was able to just run around in my kitchen and the house on weekend.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 5/16/23 6:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You do have a good skill set for the post apocalypse.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/16/23 11:53 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Fingers crossed for you, Mel. I know you fought to get the pump but it's been hard finding a working path forward to deal with your pain. I hope today helps.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 5/16/23 5:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Your knee slapper reminds me of Rob after my broken rib! I don't remember him squeeze hugging me before, but after the rib incident it seemed like all the time. Easy there! I had a very busy day yesterday, but super productive. I'm making good progress on all the things. Hopeful today is the same even with a 3 hour training. If I get a break, I will run to Sprouts to pick up a few new protein things to try.

QOTD - After watching several seasons of Walking Dead - what is the point of surviving? I will happily join your zombie crew!

Accountability - great

b- coffee, protein bar

l - just chicken w/buffalo sauce

d- grilled chicken

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Teenie
on 5/16/23 6:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I am so glad to hear you're on the mend. I swear I might be the female version of Grim. I know Ron's leg is sore all the time and I always end up hitting it not realizing it is his bad leg. I feel bad but I forget. He actually is so mad at me he will not talk to me today. I have an electric lift chair I used when I had my arm surgery that I never removed from our living room. It is so old and worn but it is so comfy. I wasn't thinking and I went to put the footrest down not knowing the dog was underneath. Ron started screaming at me and got me all flustered and it took a while (a couple seconds) to get my bearings right and reverse it up and let him out. I would have been fine except he was screaming at me. Rudy is fine no harm no foul. He still loves his mumsy.

Today is election day. My Brother is running unopposed in the primary for a row house office so I may go to a results party just for the free stuff.

QOTD: No, not even on my radar.

Accountability: grazed dinner I ated almost a wholde block of bacon bread cheese.

TSS: 5 years 5 month 5 days 162.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: L&F Tiramisu Greek Yogurt and Berries

CB: Coffee with SF Twix creamer

L: Tocino Chicken

D: bunless burger and deviled eggs

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/16/23 6:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I hate that yelling that makes you more flustered. Glad Rudy is fine and of course, he still loves you! Dogs are the best.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 5/16/23 6:57 am
RNY on 10/29/19

While you are at work, Ron could use the downtime to teach Rudy that under the chair is off limits. Rudy is food oriented and very bright. It would be a win for everyone and avoid the situation in the future.

Emiepie
on 5/16/23 7:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry that happened with Rudy, glad all is okay.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 5/16/23 8:07 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I have done that with the dogs when they lay under the footrest of the recliner, you can't see them when you go to put the footrest down. I am glad the puppy was unharmed. Sounds like DH was more "harmed" by the incident than the dog!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics