What's on your Thursday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/18/23 5:26 am

Good morning. Thursday and it feels like Monday since Iwas off yeasterday and took care of Keith. I was driving for the doc office to Costco, then home. Keith only yelled at me 3 times to use breaks. He reminded me he was not yelling at me, he was "screaming for his life". "Potato potato"

They numb him well so his pain started around 8pm (the surgery was at 2). The doc likes to givevextra numbing after so the patient doesn'tneed to start pain meds too soon after. I love that oral surgeon. He did all my oral surgeries. I had 3 major session with him re extraction of my teeth, plus implants screws placement. Many of teeth were affected at each time. Keith has just one tooth pulled and bone graft for implant screw placement later on. Last night he told me he has new view of what I went through with more than one side, more than one tooth "taken care off". Keith took care of me then, and I was in a lot of pain plus swelling. He told me he doesn't think he could handle more that one tooth at a time. The doc gave him very strong pain meds. Last night he took 1 and he was out. I told him not to take more than 1/2 from now on. Really strong, IMPO. I'm used to pain meds, but one of his pills would knock me out.

QOTD: fix all my health issues.

Yesterday we lost power and internet at home. We got the power back after 3 hrs, but internet was restored late evening. Not sure what happened, but I think transformers blew up on our lines ( a mid size area was affected). As a joke, I told Keith last winter "getting a generator" was added to his honey do list. Lol. Light "I told od you so" - a joke, since this is what we are careful not to do to each other. "I told you so" can only be used as a joke. He only lost 2 hrs of work time, because he was taking 1/2 day off for oral surgery anyway. But I know he is going to take that project seriously. Plus back up internet. When we got home and I finally was able to sit down, I used hotspot on my phone, and after 10 min, I connected to it with my tablet. Normally I just hand toKeith my devices and he does IT stuff at home. I know I can do it, but ...having an expert is a nice thing. I took care of that last night since he was out. I know I can do lots of IT stuff myself...but why? When he is so handy...lol.

Today is going to be a long work day. Ugh.

Accountability: Keith was fasting yesterday until after the procedure so we ate our first meal at 6 pm. But I had some raw carrots yesterday and that extra fiber = constipation. So I need to increase miralax today.

Menu:

Liquids and then more liquids

Late L: chicken with green beans I thai coconut sauce

D: roast beef, pickles

LS. - cheese & strawberries or apple

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lisa91941
on 5/18/23 5:59 am, edited 5/17/23 11:24 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. What a beautiful day it was yesterday, and expected to be today, in Abilene. We did not make it to the greyhounds yesterday. We took a morning tour of the Seeley house and expected that to last 30-45 minutes. Those people LOVE to talk, and after nearly two hours we had to excuse ourselves so I could have some lunch and we could make it the Eisenhower Museum. I heard one of the docents say the main guy, the actual owner who lives in the house sometimes gives three and four hour tours. I might have lost my mind at that. But the house was gorgeous and full of Thomas Edison light fixtures and gramophones. And beautiful pianos including a Steinway from the early 1900?s. The original owner met Thomas Edison at the worlds fair in St. Louis and he helped design the house. 15 years after it was built they had FLW come in and give opinions on refreshing it. These people had big bucks. 11 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms with indoor plumbing and electricity. However, Mama didn?t prove of young Dwight D. Eisenhower because he was from the south side of the tracks and only delivered ice for the ice box. Both daughters died without as spinsters at 85 and 91. Maybe Mama didn?t know best.

Today we head back to KC, MO for a layover on our way to Iowa. No big plans. But if we can get organized, we may still go pet the pups.

I did very well on foods yesterday and was essentially carb free until dinner. I switched up my menu a bit. I ate about two ounces of potato and one of cornbread. And I really listened yesterday for my body to say full. Plus pushed water. All those things felt good.

I?ve got yoga done this morning. Might be able to get in a walk at our stop over tonight.

I have never seen the Wizard of Oz all the way through because of the flying monkeys. They terrify me. When I saw Wicked on Broadway it was all I could do to not run from the theater when the monkeys came out.

QoTD: To quiet all the chatter in my head. It?s always been a problem and it seems more so now. My brain seems to never quiet. Thank goodness the voices are not about self harm. I can?t imagine how hard that must be for someone.

foods today

B. Egg and cottage cheese

L. Leftover burnt ends

D. Half a pepper stuffed with ground beef, black beans, taco seasoning and some cheese.

Peace Everybody! I hope Jim and Marilyn are catching fish!

b

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 5/18/23 6:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I like your QOTD answer!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/23 6:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There are some fun museums a bit north of KCMO, in st joesph - the Jesse james house, the patee museum (or as I call it, the museum of stuff since it's made up of collections people have donated), and the pony express museum. (In case you don't have enough things on your list, lol)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 5/18/23 6:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! So glad your day was awesome yesterday. I'm plugging along through the week and ready for a weekend and then I have the concert next Friday with Em- long weekend and a road trip!

QOTD: Hmm, too many things running through my mind to commit to just one.

TSS: 8 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Pork loin, cauliflower rice with cheese sauce, a keto bun, a banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate or York peppermints

ES: Cottage cheese

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1391 Protein:118 Carbs:130 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 5/18/23 6:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Yeah, for a great day QJB. You deserved it. Hope you're on a streak of good days.

I am going to see if I can get a pedicure today. This is the weekend we open the pool, so it is ready for Memorial Day weekend. We usually do it Saturday but I think I got Ron and my brother talked into doing it today so I may have got out of it. I hope they do it quickly and the way I like it done. If they screw it up, I will not be happy.

QOTD: Health Wellness and money.

Accountability: I did ok. Adi has churro whipping cream and I had to try it. Very yummy. only 15 calories for 2Tbls.

TSS: 5 years 5 month 7 days 162.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: L&F Tiramisu Greek Yogurt and Berries

CB: Coffee with SF Twix creamer

L: Crockpot pizza and snack select

D: crockpot pizza

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/23 7:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Does it take a long time to be ready to go in or will you be able to go in this weekend?

Jen

Teenie
on 5/18/23 11:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We should be able to use it by Saturday weather permitting. It was 38° this morning so the water temp is pretty cold. I really need to crank the heater to get it up to at least 85° Fingers crossed.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/23 12:41 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh that sounds lovely and warm!

Jen

catwoman7
on 5/18/23 5:09 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I saw that churro whipped cream today and was wondering about it Thanks for the review! I'm missing the salted caramel...that's my new favorite.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views