What's on your Saturday menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/20/23 8:37 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Well, hopefully you can take it easy today and nothing escalates. Your kitty is beautiful!

I've been up since two and seems I tapped all my energy reserves for the day already. I went to the Lowe's clearance plant rack and picked up two peach hibiscus, two pink azaleas, and a lilac bush. I seem to have inherited a big line of hibiscus along one of the fences, so maybe these can be my contribution to them. When I dropped the buckets out there, the leaves looked really different though, so might just be making it my own now.

Then I drove next door to Walmart and picked up some planting pots to hopefully finish the little things. I wandered and camped on benches to rest until the pharmacy opened.

Also got my bestie's gift ordered since she's turning 50 in just over a week. Feels good to have that checked off. I would really like to attempt installing fence stays today but I don't think I have the strength. Won't know if I don't try, I guess!

Today need to clean the fridge out. I got really bad about tossing the bowl of whatever I didn't finish in there with a plate on top to cover it. I might have a stack of such that need review. Also need to do a bit of cooking, and did some last night. I'm absolutely resting on the couch now, though.

QOTD- I've had the Bad Wolves cover of Zombie stuck in my head for a while. Not favorites so much as whatever is on repeat at the moment.

Accountability- I made some protein mashed potatoes yesterday. They were divine, and I have leftovers.

Exercise - Today I'm counting the store since I carry my bags with me rather than pushing a cart. My arms are sore from it. Also whatever else I might get done outside, though it's not written in stone.

Menu- have already managed two eggs and two pieces of bacon, plus 1/3 of a pancake. The rest of the day includes protein potatoes, protein pudding, sausage and gnocchi with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, blueberries, half a green banana, smooth move tea (got it this morning! ), potentially a hot dog with mustard. No bun.

Hope you all enjoy your day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 5/20/23 9:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

When you talked with your doctor about the bezoar, did you discuss the green bananas? That seems like something very difficult to break down.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/20/23 10:10 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Not with the surgeon but I did with the second GI dietician the other day. On their list are the green bananas, oatmeal, and a couple of other things. They would like me to up fiber and this is one of the foods that had come up again. I'll eat it on its own to give it another try. I get where they're coming from given my current state...I do need more fiber or something with bulk. Maybe that's just the oatmeal going forward. We'll see!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 5/20/23 4:42 pm - Warren, OH

The only fiber supplement I take is Citrucel. It really helps and does not cause gas and bloating like other supplements.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views