What's on your Sunday menu?

White Dove
on 5/21/23 12:28 pm - Warren, OH

Before RNY I could lose 3 to 5 pounds a week. Now I am thrilled with a one pound a week loss. That is 52 pounds in a year and you don't need to lose that much. Good choice to stick with what you were doing and not play their game of upping calories and carbs. You will be successful.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 5/21/23 7:42 am, edited 5/21/23 12:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

it's the most gorgeous morning ever out there (I'm admiring it from my window), and it'll be gorgeous the rest of the day, too. In the 70s, full sun, not much wind or humidity. I have a crap ton of stuff to do on decommissioning this server before midnight, so not sure if I'll be able to get out and enjoy it. But maybe I'll move up to the porch (it's above our garage, so up a flight of stairs and through the family room..) or set a camping chair out in the driveway and work from there today. But with any luck I'll get far enough along that I can take an hour or two of and go out for a long walk or bike ride. I hate to waste days like this sitting indoors.

I've eaten too much the last couple of days (social events on Thurs and Fri - nothing yesterday, although we did have ice cream halfway through our bike ride, which zeroed out whatever calories we may have burned off otherwise. In addition to that, I just ate too much - nothing crazy - no binging - but went over my usual calorie goal by a couple hundred calories. Sigh. So I'm really going to buckle down the next few days.

QOTD: I'm looking at another fairly busy week. Hopefully I'll at least have this server work out of the way, since that's been taking up gobs of my time the last few days. I have a film viewing tomorrow evening for one of my film discussion groups (the selector of the month picked a film that's only available on HBO, and only two members of the group members subscribe to HBO), the actual film discussion on Wednesday, two Zoom board meetings, I'm carting the moms around to doctor/dental appts, I have to attend a quarterly family conference for my client on Tuesday, since she has no family (I'm her legal guardian), I have my own doctor's appt on Thursday, lunch with a friend on Friday - I know I'm forgetting some things but I can't check my appt book at the moment because one of the cats is currently sleeping on it. But it'll be an eventful week (oh - my cookbook club meets on Saturday, so I'll have to make a dish from the book of the month, probably on Friday). It's probably just as well I haven't been approved yet to audit the film class I requested for this early session (that starts tomorrow), because this way I'll have three weeks with no classes, which I probably need to get a bunch of stuff out of the way before my other two classes start in mid-June - I want to get ahead on those since I'll be in Scandinavia for two weeks in the middle of the class session, and I don't know how much time I'll have to work on them (maybe an hour or so at night in the hotel(s) - but I'm not going to prioritize that since I very well may want to be doing other things in the evenings, since it'll stays light well past 10:00 pm at night in Scandinavia this time of year..

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

L: chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

AS: L&F vanilla yogurt topped with 1/2 C mixed fresh fruit

D: bagged salad and L&F salted caramel yogurt with tahini

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/21/23 8:39 am

Fantastic. You guys got the house back. Does it feel huge now?

All ok with me.

I started eating raw carrots with cheese (carrots instead of fruits)..

All is fine except raw carrots = more fiber= constipation. I added an extra dose of miralax to my morning routine and that's not enough to make things move properly. Ugh. Today I added another 1/2 capful. I'm up to 3.5 ... I hope to "get clean" today.

One of my issues is that when I'm backed up, and start drinking my coffee in the morning, I can get severe nausea and dry heave. That's my body way to stimulate my intestine to move things down. A horrible way if you are me. Yesterday that happened and I had to take 2 strong nausea pills, walk around, massage my gut, breathing exercises to stop dry heaving. After I finally stopped, I was so tired, from the gut issues and the nausea pill that I needed a nap. The rest of the day was just as bad. Tired, unable to focus. Ugh. I finally had a Cesar salad with some pork, a bowl of strawberries and promptly passed out after the meal. When my gut gets like that- food- any food induces "food coma".

Today things are OK. I'm taking it easy food wise. I had coffee with my stuff added, and the only symptoms that something is still off is overheating and sweating just after drinking my coffees- lukewarm coffee. Not even hot. Ugh.

Then would be drinking tea and more tea, plus electrolytes...

Keith needs to get out (cabin fever) but I probably would stay home cleaning my bowels, doing laundry and some cooking for next week.

QOTD: nothing comes to mind

Menu:

Liquids (coffee tea water.)

D: Ceasar salad with some meat

S: cheese, berries...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 251 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics