Recent Posts

Liz J.
on 7/18/19 6:10 am - Saint Louis, MO
DS on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: Happy Friday Eve, what?s on the menu today, RNYers?

QOTD: Meal planning and prepping. I'm back at it but it was much easier in the beginning when I had so few choices.

B: Coffee and protein bar

S: Protein shake

L: Cheese wrap w/turkey, mayo, & lettuce

S: Protein bar

D: Grilled chicken breast wrap

AD: Low carb ice cream

W: 120 oz

E: 5 miles and 15 minutes of cardo fun

AC: Day 3 of 30! Daily goal of 30 carbs or less...

TSS: 2 years 7 months

I'm finding that during the week it's pretty easy to stay on track plus I only have one meal a day to share with someone. I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast 7 days a week, you'd think I'd get bored but I think it's because I don't like to eat in the morning and this just goes down so much easier! I've been on a turkey/chicken meat kick, I've also mixed up the wraps I use. Since I'm do really low carb right now I've opted to a wrap with 1 carb vs my normal is 5. It's also food I can eat at my desk and still work. That way I can walk on my lunch hour to get my 5 miles in.

Does anyone have an easy eat at desk lunch they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

bethmal
on 7/18/19 6:10 am
RNY on 12/26/17

I was awake at 2 AM. Why? My first back to school nightmare! DH and u went to Walmart after his appointment yesterday and I was surrounded by back to school signs and supplies. Ugh. And so it begins.

DH had a lateral bicep tear. He is having surgery to fix it on Thursday and the recovery could take several months. The doctor wouldn't give an estimated time to return to work.

B: soft boiled egg

L: a slice of taco pie

D: eggplant parmesan (from my garden eggplant!)

Lots of fluids since it's supposed to be a bazillion degrees again today! Stay hydrated my friends.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 155 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/19 5:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning Em!! Friday eve, yay!!! I'm sitting in the San Jose airport ready to get home; last night I finished a book about midnight, went to sleep as have been awake since 230. That's not a lot of sleep even for me -- but they have coffee samples in the souvenir store here at the airport and I keep going back and getting more. Costa Rica coffee is the bomb!

qotd - it was so easy to plan the day and stick to it early out. I need to get back to planning for the week and then just sticking to the plan.

Accountablity - I had Maduros as dessert at lunch yesterday - they were so good, cooked down with butter and cinnamon. I only had three slices and I enjoyed every bite!

Menu - breakfast options here are not thrilling me so I'll have a protein bar and grab some kind of cheese/meat snack for lunch when I hit Houston. I have to go to the grocery store when i land so planning on some ever roast chicken with a cheese for dinner (you've had a hatch green Chile cheese on your menu - is that from the deli? I am interested in finding it!)

ex will be a hip stretching streaming video / I have sat a lot this week and need to get some flexibility back.

have a great day all -- I'm going back for more coffee samples -- wonder if they'd notice me filling my to go cup?

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/19 5:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Amy, I thought about this conversation yesterday when I was trying coffees here in Costa Rica! Check out the Britt cafe shop and their fusion coffee. I kept going back to get samples of it, no sweetener, no creamer, it was so smooth and easy to drink - almost as smooth as cold brew. It might be worth ordering to give it a try.

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9

Jen

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/18/19 5:30 am, edited 7/17/19 10:37 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14
Topic: RE: HELP! I'm worried I'm messing up and setting myself up for failure

Please stick to your doctors orders. If you need to anything else, call the office first. Commit to yourself that you will not 'go rogue' without checking with your doctor first. If you are really "worried I'm messing up and setting myself up for failure" then you will not deviate from your doctors orders. Especially in the first 6 weeks, when you are recovering from major surgery.

If you had an operation to repair a broken a broken bone and you were supposed to stay off it for 6 weeks, would be begin playing football 9 days later? Probably not. Even if you wanted to really badly, even if it was football with Tom Brady or dancing with JLo. You get the idea, no means no.

I can tell you that after a week post op, OMG, OMG, all I wanted was a piece of a crab cake. 4.5 years later and can still remember standing at the kitchen counter and having visions of a broiled crabcake. I just wanted just one succulent little morsel, not even the whole crabcake. Instead, I had a SF popcicle. If I (formerly one of the biggest diet failures on the face of the earth) can now make good decisions, then so can you. Really.

Also, because we all get off track, being able to get back on track quickly is a key skill - reset at the next meal, not the next day/week/month. Take this as an opportunity to practice getting and staying back on track. Take that learning from this experience and stay on the liquid diet until the dr says otherwise.

Also, when did you eat the eggs - that may be a clue to a specific difficult time in the day, or other stressor, that let you forget that you are only days post-op. You may need to develop a plan for this cir****tance in the future so this does not become a 'slip hazard' again.

PS What would have happened if you did not have the eggs?

Would you have had a seizure and died? Prob Not. Would lightening have vaporized you? No.

Would you have rolled up in a ball and cried like a baby - OK, go ahead, so what, just stay on your dr orders. Your dr will tell you when you can go off menu - and what choices to make.

PPS This message is for you, but also for others who are contemplating ignoring medical instructions. Hopefully, it may keep someone on track for another few hours, and in a few hours, the world may look different.

PPPS This message is also for me - At 4.5 post surgery, I am attacking regain and I face the same situation as you do. And I can make good decisions, too.

WLS is a reset, not a cure. We can learn to ignore the "I wanta" for can make good decisions for our health.

Sharon

Dcgirl
on 7/18/19 5:19 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I hear you, Hilary. Boy, do I hear you. I also still weirdly associate quantity with being satiated. I guess it's a hard thing to break. But now that I am 5.5 years out, my pouch can definitely hold more food and it's not like 2 ounces of food fills me up. There are days I feel like to an outsider I would look like a normal person when I eat. Ahhhh, how I miss the honeymoon period...

Dcgirl
on 7/18/19 5:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I totally agree - being obsessed helps me too! When I get lax, I just start to ingest too many damn calories.

I am so impressed that you're in the 120s! You are teeny tiny! Way to go with the recent loss. It's amazing what we can do when we put the effort in and weigh, measure, track. It's a great reminder for me :)

karenp8
on 7/18/19 5:00 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Quick post for accountability today. Lily and I have our first long walk in and even went farther than usual as I suspect tonight will be so hot it will be a shorter walk. Accountability was good yesterday did't get our last long walk in due to rain but got my steps at work. Food was on plan and weight is 122.2. QOTD how little I could eat right after surgery and how fast the weight came off. Now I could definitely eat more at a time but I force myself to measure my portion and stop when it's gone. It was neat at work yesterday one of the volunteers was talking about her struggle with her weight and we talked for about 20 minutes about weight loss surgery. She said she'd been thinking about it for the past year and in the last week I was the second person she'd met who had been successful with it. Food plan for today B 2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L tuna packet with relish and mayo D 4 oz shrimp S if needed sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone! Time for coffee!

supershopper
on 7/18/19 4:08 am

hi!

I also have been frustrated with regain. ive had to lower my calories and up cardio the scale is still not budging yet. yes I'm not being patient but I'm so annoyed.

QOTD: the overeating for sure. I ate very little, had a little 'flip' sensation then was done. now my mind almost gets mad like you deserve more, keep eating or something in my head says, you are not satisfied yet. its hard to disconnect that.

food plan today:

coffee

water

protein pancakes

salmon/kohlrabi riced veg (green giant)

unsure of the rest

GYM later: cardio and weights

HW 295 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 CW 160 GW 150 LW: 118.8 RNY 12/15/2015, GB removal 09/2016, Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

JuniperBerry
on 7/18/19 3:36 am, edited 7/17/19 8:57 pm - MA

Morning Em & co. Ugh its eleventy billion degrees here too, with humidity to match. It's making me feel queasy. I slept so poorly, too.

Accountability: Great. Ran 3.5 miles in the morning and was on the recumbent bike in the afternoon. I was too hot and bothered to eat exactly what I planned but I made good substitutions and ended the day below calories but with close tot he right macros. I made my "first fat bomb" last night, too, so that I could get closer to the fat goal, but YUCK--it made me feel so gross afterwards.

Haha, does anyone else feel like this lady??

QOTD: Well, everything, I guess... Losing weight was so easy that I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop when I was ready to hit maintenance. Ha. I think that generally, it was easy to be obsessed with everything to do with surgery in the first year because it was so physical after having the surgery. It was all I read about or thought about. But after a few years, life moved on and it got put in the back corner of my brain. These last few week have been great because coming back every day and researching Keto make me remember that being a little "obsessed" is helpful. I LOST ANOTHER 1/2 LB WHICH PUT ME BACK IN THE 120s! yesss!

Look how close I got to hitting my macros today!!!

Exercise: 20 minutes on the stair climber and 40 minutes on the recumbent bike!

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200
  • High Weight before RNY: 160
  • CW: 121
  • below goal in 9 months