Recent Posts

Melody P.
on 8/11/20 5:50 am - TX
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Good morning everyone.

long day yesterday and I'm glad it's over. I didn't stay on plan to well during the later part of the day. I just crash and burn during the evening.

qotd: I would say a pear if I have them or some kind of fruit. Air popped popcorn is also around.

b: kodiak flapjacks, sf maple syrup and butter spray

l: thinking of a faux cheese grilled sandwich with my last pear

d: not entirely sure.

s: popcorn, dairy free yogurt(I made it yesterday...we'll see how it turned out)

39 F and 6 foot 2 inches

VSG - 3-14-18 - - - Revision to RNY - 5-29-19

One day at a time.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/11/20 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to muggy Tuesday at least in Massachusetts! Today I am going to the dermatologist for a skin check. I fully expect to be berated for my tan.

Date 3 last night with Mike was phenomenal again. Just amazing! I am going to his area to the beach and then dinner tomorrow and will be meeting one of his daughters. Should be interesting... He met DSD this weekend but DS hid away.

QOTD: When I am on plan, the snacks I vary between (depending on what I have eaten the rest of the day) are: nut thins and cottage cheese or hummus; WW one point muffin; yogurt pie; almonds

TSS: 4 years, 4 months

B: Coffee! eggs and laughing cow cheese

L: Deli chicken

D: leftover swordfish and grilled veggies

S: WW one point muffin and/or almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiannaLee
on 8/11/20 5:24 am
RNY on 09/24/19
Topic: Struggling since 3 mo post op, almost to year mark

Hi. I am new here and know I need to be here for support and help. First I am almost one year out. Lost over 60 lbs and now have gained back 20. I am scared and want to cry because I am beginning to go back to past behaviors and look like I use to. In feb 2019 I had a heart attack. I was huge at that time. In sept 2019 I had the gastric bypass. I was doing well the first two months then the holiday**** and I have done poorly since. I eat stuff I know I shouldn't even if it makes me sick. Many things I haven't gotten sick on, and so I'm like hey I can eat this. I know I have a food addiction. I tried therapy, and it really hasn't helped. My husband bless his heart is so helpful, but not supportive. He will bring food to me that he and I both know I can't or shouldn't eat. I try turning him down but he keeps nagging me to try what ever he has. I have two friends who have has the bypass and the switch. They are helpful in saying I can do this, but I give in to the inappropriate food to many times. I can't and don't want to go back to the way I was. I am starting to feel horrible and depressed. Which makes me stressed and that's the two factors that cause me to eat the quick easy foods. I admit I am lazy, I just don't know what to do.

Christina135
on 8/11/20 5:10 am

Good morning!

QOTD - I only eat for 6 hours a day, so sometimes my meals blend and I feel like I'm eating constantly for 6 hours. I have to snack a lot, in order to get in enough good calories and protein. So sometimes (like today) I will snack on vegan chickpea salad with crackers, or fruit, or a slice of toast with avocado butter and homemade strawberry chia jam, or an apple with peanut butter, etc. I don't count calories, I don't eat keto. I do however only allow myself meals from 12P to 6P. Once that window closes, it's water/hot tea/topo chico for the rest of the evening.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, cold topo chico, hot green tea (not necessarily in that order)

Lunch - tofu/kale/soyrizo scramble on corn tortillas with vegan chao cheese

Snack - chickpea salad with crackers, fruit

Dinner - not sure. Haven't gotten that far yet.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

*disclaimer about my way of eating in case newbs are reading this. I am 11 years out from RNY, and I see my doctor every six months with great lab work. I eat vegan, and intermittent fast and this works well for me. I do not recommend IF for anyone who is newly out of surgery or isn't having an open dialogue with their surgeon/nutritionist about this. I have been doing this for over a year now, and I am closely monitored by my doctor's office.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

supershopper
on 8/11/20 4:20 am

hi all

QOTD: I just have meals instead of snacks. so I might do shake, protein pancakes, some chicken/veggies or something like that.

so did gym after work ran a couple errand then got back here.

Food plan today:

b: prot pancakes

b2: shake?

l: chicken/veggies

l2: probably more chicken/veggies

d: not sure yet

s: protein pancake or protein oatmeal

HW 295 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 CW 160 GW 150 LW: 118.8 RNY 12/15/2015, GB removal 09/2016, Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

MadisonRose
on 8/11/20 4:11 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! JB....I just wanted to let you know I tried your snack suggestion with the laughing cow cheese, and sugar free jam on a rice cake and it was soooo delicious! I got the pepper jack laughing cow cheese and combined with the sugar free jam reminded me of pepper jelly. So good! Yesterday was a hectic day with work as we all kept having system issues. Hopefully today will be better! I stayed up way too late reading last night and I'm paying for it this morning. Tomorrow is the dreaded day I have to give the kitten her medication. Not looking forward to it! I just don't see it going well. Guess we'll find out. Accountability was pretty good yesterday. Felt good to be back on track after a weekend of eating junk!

QOTD: Right now my go to has been a piece of fruit....normally a nectarine, plum or an apple. Or I also like to pu****ermelon in the freezer and eat it frozen. Such a refreshing snack. Or I'll have a L&F Greek yogurt. If my sweet tooth is really acting up I'll have a spoonful of peanut butter and that normally does the trick. I also will have coffee which helps my cravings.

B: premier shake

B2: Coffee w/Splenda x2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked salmon and veggies

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

And coffee throughout the day of course!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 8/11/20 3:07 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post as it's almost time to walk Miss Lily. She had a rough night last night as it was stormy. She was very restless all night. QOTD right now my favorite snack is cherry tomatoes, usually alone but sometimes with a bit of ranch dressing. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz cheddar brats. Snack of cherry tomatoes before bed. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Tri_harder
on 8/11/20 3:04 am, edited 8/10/20 8:05 pm

B: healthy breakfast sandwich 250 calories

S: strawberries and yogurt 150 calories

S: salad 100 calories

L: bison burger 450 calories

S: veggies and french onion dip 200 calories

S: strawberries and sf cocoa 150

S: my veggie soup 50

D: stir fry beef and veggies with potatoes 450

S: cheese and multigrain crackers 200

total 2000 calories

exercise 300 calories

Tri Harder current weight 230 lbs. (pre surgery weight usually 170 lbs.)

JuniperBerry
on 8/11/20 2:16 am - MA
RNY on 07/20/15
Topic: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Morning everyone! Happy Taco Tuesday! I wish I was celebrating, but I had my tacos on Saturday... No more for me for awhile, sadly.

Yesterday was wildly busy in a way I was not expecting. I worked for 11 hours without even a 2 minute break. I really hope today is not the same, because I am definitely taking a nice long lunch break. My favorite niece is home between camp and college for only 4 days (sad!) and she is coming for lunch. Sadly, I think this might be the only day to see her. Grim is making us steak, yay!

I was back on plan yesterday, and hopefully my body will respond, because the scale was NOT happy with my weekend binge. I kept looking at my face all day in my zoom meetings and I was so puffy and gross. Anyway, I wasn't perfect yesterday, but I stayed at 23 points and walked 9522 steps. The Ted Talk was boring, so I did a different one afterwards.

QOTD: What are your go-to snacks when you are eating on plan? Since starting WW, I have an apple a day. I also have a bunch of Light Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges and have them with either on Rice Cakes with SF jam or Mary's Gone Crackers. I also like Sugar Snap Peas.

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • CW: 130 and dropping... thank you Keto! (2020)

White Dove
on 8/10/20 10:28 pm
Topic: RE: 9yrs post-op and struggling!

The problem is eating more calories than you burn. This type of retain at this stage is normal. It happens to almost everyone. The only way to stop it is with cutting back to your maintenance calories.

Multiply your goal weight by 10. That is what to eat to stay there. So 1200 for 120 pounds of 1600 for 160 pounds. Subtract 500 per day to drop one pound in a week. Weigh****chers works well for us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 76 replies · 728 views
What's on your Friday menu?
catwoman7 · 73 replies · 771 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?'
JuniperBerry · 39 replies · 604 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 31 replies · 441 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 31 replies · 407 views