Recent Posts

AnnyBananny
on 1/21/19 5:19 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Good morning Menu Friends! Bitter cold here in the Philly-suburbs and I'm at work. The library is open many holidays like this - people off work and kids off school = busy day here (although the cold might keep people home). I should know better, but I got caught up in the weather people's dire predictions yesterday and didn't open the library and it ended up being fine. Cold, yes, but not all the ice and treachery they were telling us about. Oh well...

Had a good weekend. Many opportunities to over eat, but I most kept it together and managed to be down .3 of a pound this morning, so I'll take it!

QOTD: I haven't been listening to much music lately, to tell the truth. Podcasts are my jam at the moment.

4 years, 11 months post-RNY

B: coffee with half and half, egg cups

S: cottage cheese

L: egg salad on a Fiber One wrap, string cheese

S: small apple, 1/4 cup of Srircha Maple pumpkin seeds

D: zucchini noodles with meaty sauce

S: PB pretzel treat

E: Aqua Zumba

Daisy, years ago when my autoimmune disorder was flaring up I worked with a nutritionist to try various dietary restrictions to see if I could find any relief through that. Thankfully, none of it helped - so I got back to my gluten and dairy loving ways. It was so difficult though, I'm really hoping you're able to figure out if any of those changes will make a difference for you!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Greateight
on 1/21/19 5:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. I'm jealous because the boys are off of school today and I have to go out into the freezing cold. We got about 6-8 inches of snow and now its following with an arctic air blast. Probably the same as Daisy.

I found out that I am going to be in NYC for work the first week of February. I booked my flight out for Sunday morning so that I can watch the Super Bowl on Sunday afternoon.

QOTD: Sirius XM Grateful Dead and Jimmy Buffet stations.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Work lunch but should be healthy

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: Chili

Have a great day all and stay warm.

Jim Age 52 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10

Gina 16 Yrs and Still
Hanging In

on 1/21/19 5:15 am - Burleson , TX
Topic: RE: 14 years still a success

Thank you, for sharing this! I know, first hand, how hard mentally/physically losing regain can be, but also know it CAN be done!!!

I am cheering, for you !!!!!!

RNY 4-22-02... HAG=Honest And Genuine

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:160

I learn something new, EVERY day, from SOME body

Theduffman27
on 1/21/19 4:44 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and menu folks, what a storm we had over the weekend, was bitterly cold and we have wind chill advisory today. We received 18+ inches of snow and was bitterly cold as well. I spent 3 hours clearing the drive yesterday and snow blowing a path in the backyard for Bethany. With the wind today I am expecting to have to snow blow again this evening.

QOTD - I have 500+ songs downloaded on my phone and probably listen to 25 of them regularly. My workout music - Foo Fighters, Metallica, Dropkick Murphys, Tragically Hip are on my regular workout playlist.

B - Scrambled eggs and sausage

L - Salami and cheese

S - Cukes and Ranch

D - Leftover ricotta bake

E - Gym night

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW - 207.6 , 12.6 lbs to goal.

Theduffman27
on 1/21/19 4:36 am
VSG on 11/19/14
Topic: RE: What is on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Too funny MA - I plan on starting Shameless now, hoping it is as good as I hear!!

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW - 207.6 , 12.6 lbs to goal.

peachpie
on 1/21/19 4:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning Daisy!! Yup, I'm off today. No plans either. Hubby and the kids will do some service day activity at the church. The kids have a orthodontist appointment later. I'll likelly couch coast or laze in bed.

Qotd: Only time I listen to music is when I run. I listen to pandora and usually the same stations. It's always rap, because I like the story telling of it. Eminem, JayZ, some old school stuff and female rappers.

No weight yet- not up

m1: egg, ham/bologna, cheese stick

m2: yogurt/berries

m3: pork chop

m4: steak/corn

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Daisydoo02
on 1/21/19 2:43 am - North West GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13
Topic: What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Hi all, we meet again Monday! I think its a holiday for some of you in the US, not here in Canada, so if you are off today, hope you enjoy the day off and get lots of rest and R&R.

So this weekend was bitter COLD here. It was nasty. We got some snow, not a lot, maybe 2-3 inches. But on Sunday there was a windchill of -29 C (-20 F) and it was insane how windy and cold it was. We literally stayed in all day and did things like laundry, food prep for the week and cleaned out kitchen cupboards.

Accountability: excellent. Since you all know I have nasty migraines, and in an attempt to figure out what is causing them I have totally taken out a lot of food groups from my diet. So no dairy (bye bye cheese, yogurt and PP), no berries, no deli meat & bacon (nitrates), no yeast, no soy, no pork, no citrus. I must say its really really really HARD but it if means no migraines then this is the new way of eating!!!!

QOTD: What are you currently listening to in music that you love? For my workouts I am all about the fast paced music, think EDM (Electronic dance music) but recently I downloaded on Spotify a "Calm" playlist which I listen to before bed for about 30 minutes, do deep breathing to and its so nice and relaxing.

Time since surgery: 5 yrs + 2 mos

B: 2 decaf coffee with almond milk and 2 egg omelette with 1 tsp of flax seeds

L: 5oz of grilled chicken with grilled red pepper

S: 1/2 cup almonds

D: 5oz of grilled chicken breast over mixed salad greens

S: 100 smart pop popcorn

TOTALS: 804 calories, 86 protein, 40 carbs

V: PatchMD patches are on (Iron, Multi, Vit D & Calcium) + oral B12

E: 5km hike with the dogs in the snow

L: minimum of 150oz of liquids (decaf coffee & water, water, water!)

Have an awesome day peeps!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 280 SW: 254 CW: 125

RNY Nov 15, 2013 - Toronto Western Hospital - Dr David Urbach

Gallbladder removal & hernia repair - Nov 2, 2017 - Dr David Urbach

Partlypollyanna
on 1/20/19 6:42 pm, edited 1/20/19 10:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: Help me, please again.

takCris, maybe this will help (bottom of post

-- it's similar to an infographic my program shared on all the things that can be improved by the surgery you have had. It's good that you are getting support from the appropriate professionals and I think Writergurl is correct that if you keep looking for information that makes you worried, you'll keep finding it.

Maybe it's time for your to focus on your actual experience vs worrying about someone else's experience; focus on the benefits that you may be receiving going from 40 to 29 BMI, such as the stabilization of your diabetes as you mentioned. Stay engaged with your healthcare team in case there are any issues that do occur but only address them if they happen.

On the vitamins question - I take a centrum multi vitamin 2X a day, along with an iron supplement and separately I take calcium 3X a day plus a b-12 shot once a month (for the first year, then it will be a daily sublingual pill). Based on the research, doctors here recommend 200% of the RDA but that's easy to do. -

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:150.4 GW: 145

M1-23; M2-19; M3-13.9; M4-15.8; M-5-12.3; M6-9.5; M7-11.5, M8-11, M9-6.8 M10-5.3 M11-3

Jen

Cris1976
on 1/20/19 5:23 pm

I had diabetes before surgery and I was cured after the surgery. I had not thought of this point of view, thank you.

TheWombat
on 1/20/19 5:17 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I believe the most common cause of neuropathy and vision problems is diabetes. This surgery helps to prevent or reverse diabetes So you probably reduced your risk of those complications.