Recent Posts

catwoman7
on 9/23/21 10:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: Whats on your Thursday Menu?

G'Afternoon, everyone!

I was dragging a bit this morning - then someone from my Mah Jongg group texted to say we were starting early today because someone had an appt at 10:00. Whoops - so I logged on and we played. I didn't even have time to eat breakfast, so DH brought me a protein bar to eat while I played. Then I went biking for 1.5 hours. Now I'm waiting to start up Zoom for a lecture I'm hosting for an organization...so I'll have to not be as long-winded as usual!

QOTD: probably doing the same thing I'm doing now. Retired, auditing classes, exercising, volunteering, being active in social and civic organizations. I imagine DH will be retired by then as well, so we'll be able to do more things together. And I hope traveling at least once a year. I only have so many good traveling years left and so many places I want to go, and this COVID stuff has put a real crimp in it, so I've lost a couple of years :-(

B: protein bar

L: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote (I used to have protein pancakes a lot - but it's been a L-O-N-G time!)

AS: protein shake

D: ?? maybe that microwavable southwestern chicken quinoa dish I've been posting the last couple of days but STILL haven't eaten..

have a great rest of the day! It's Zoom time!

White Dove
on 9/23/21 10:17 am - Warren, OH

Crying babies are the worst. My son used to start crying every night about 7:00 PM and it would seem to last about an hour no matter what I did. Years later, my husband was telling someone that Kevin never cried as a baby. That was what he really remembered, because as soon as the crying started, he would say he had to run an errand, hop in the car and stay gone for an hour. Selective memory.

I was in that situation of being in a new house before the furniture arrived. I was in the process of moving about a mile from my old house and the city had a policy where you could only have water in one residence unless one was a rental.

So they turned the water off in my old house on the first of the month and my movers were not coming until the seventh. I bought plastic plates, cups, and plastic tableware at the convenience store. The clerk said, "Oh you must be having a picnic". I almost snapped her head off, because I was so irritated at the water company. But it was not her fault and I just agreed that I was having a picnic.

I camped in the house with the water and went back and forth for a week.

To change your address

Click the gear
Settings
Contact

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 9/23/21 10:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh yeah, you were off here last year when my previous employer eliminated my position (long story, but after 19 years Iwasn't expecting it). There are two of us doing the payroll and eventually some other opportunities might open up but for now I do not miss the babysitting aspect of management. At the end, I was managing from 18-20 people across the country so basically "on" 24 hours a day. And, so many "crucial conversations".....

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW 291.4/CW 135-140 (03/2020)GW 150

White Dove
on 9/23/21 9:44 am - Warren, OH

I spent about 20 years working around the clock. I provided support to companies worldwide, so might start at US 4:00 AM for a 9:00 AM meeting in Germany. Dial into a 9:00 AM meeting in Japan at 8:00 PM US time or call Australia on Sunday to make their Monday morning meeting.

I kept up the same lack of sleep or proper meals even when on vacation and told people I would rest when I was dead.

When I was 62, I took retirement. For a few years, I worked just as hard at having fun as I had worked at working. I volunteered for community projects.

I hung out at the gym and pool, joined a senior citizens group that had activities planned all the time, took up line dancing and did that four or five nights a week.

After a few years, I started doing some part-time work. That means more balance for me. I work from January until April doing income taxes and still have fun in the summer and fall. I still have the tendency to work too much and have to put a limit on when I will stop for the day.

I hope in five years to be where I am today. In good health, plenty of energy, and no real stress in my life. I had a call yesterday from a recruiter telling me about a great opportunity for me. I told her that while that might have been a good match years ago, working like that was in my past. She said, well you could do if you really wanted to. And she is right, but I really don't ever want to live like that again.

Julia S.
on 9/23/21 9:40 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Jim you always make me laugh...

5'5" Age 63 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 167.6

Julia S.
on 9/23/21 9:38 am, edited 9/23/21 2:39 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Hopefully happily retired and enjoying Maui. I only have to work 3 more years to reach my full retirement age with Social Security but by then who knows they may make me work to 80...

I know this is going to sound weird but I'm struggling here. I don't have anything to do like packing or unpacking until my stuff gets here. The condo purchase is still moving along and it looks like we will close on 10/1, so I'll have a new house with no furniture until my stuff gets here. So I've been shopping for the essentials to survive until then, I waffled on the coffee maker but decided I can't survive without one, even if it's only a few weeks. I gotta say I really miss my espresso machine. So far the essentials include an inflatable bed, a microwave, a coffee maker and 1 mug that says "Is it Friday Yet?" , cutting board, 2 knives and 8" pan, towels, sheets & comforter, dish towels, paper plates, plastic silverware & cups, plus a cute plastic wine glass. All this just to camp out in a condo... sounds like too much. Not including the cat litter box, cat litter, cat food. My cat is supposed to be here on 10/10. There was some drama around that too, I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that it will be resolved or it will be another round of paperwork and another 30 days.

Not sure why this is but this is 2 in a row that my next door neighbors have a small child that is in no way quiet, screaming children are not my thing. This resort isn't that full, so why right next to me? First thing in the morning, which is 4AM for me I open the front door and sliding glass door and get the fresh breeze going through here and listen to the noisy birds.

Have a great day everyone! Still haven't figured out the NFL thing, I may have to go with the horribly expensive NFL Ticket I think it's called. But I'll get to see my Ducks this weekend they are on ESPN, that's what happens when you move up in the rankings, you get national coverage...

A question for anyone how do I change my home city on OH?

5'5" Age 63 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 167.6

Amy Liz
on 9/23/21 9:23 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thanks, Jen. It's crazy to have to talk to adults about being adults.

SW 309 CW 170.7 (10/2019) GW 160 LW 150

COVID 45 - 5/31/21 CSW 215.4 CW 207.3 GW 175

White Dove
on 9/23/21 9:19 am - Warren, OH

Think about studying project management online in your spare time and getting the project management certification. There are a lot of PMP online courses. Having a certification would be a big plus when you actually start interviewing for positions.

Amy Liz
on 9/23/21 9:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thanks Kelly. I've been meaning to ask, I see you are working a dealership now? I hope it was a good move for you. If switching jobs meant you don't have to supervise anymore, I envy you!!!

Amy Liz
on 9/23/21 9:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Here's hoping that they work for you with your insert's. Inserts take up a lot of room in my shoes, so without them I swim a bit.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 58 replies · 579 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 545 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 432 views
Whats on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?