Recent Posts

catwoman7
on 2/6/23 4:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

P.S. just heard from my friend - he's OK! He said the internet connections are really awful right now, though (not surprised...).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/6/23 4:04 am, edited 2/5/23 8:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Everyone ready for the week? I am! It's going to be busy busy and I'm sure by the end of the week, I'll be exhausted but I'm ready.

QJB, I spent 3 12+ hour days over the weekend in one of our warehouse facilities and was so happy that I made smart shoe choices. Definitely felt my age with all the bending, twisting and concrete walking but I'm also very happy with how quickly I recovered after each day...I tend to think that fitness is not getting fatigued, sore, when you are doing something but I'm trying to remind myself that quick recovery after exertion is also a test of fitness....but I will say, by the time I walked onto the plane yesterday, I was feeling all my years, lol. Then add in some hilarious conversations with one of my younger colleagues about Nirvana and Milli Vanilli and really I felt my age emotionally too.

Today I have to cram in most of my work day to the morning and then I get my hair done this afternoon; when I had to reschedule because of this work trip, my choices were monday mid-day or March...not waiting to March here.

I will also need to hit the grocery store today and get some food for the week so my menu plan is week for today. I also need to get a quick rowing session in this morning, with so much travel I have to stay on point to get my 50 miles for Feb. Now, would I be able to row in any of the hotel gyms? Chances are high but it wouldn't track them on my iFit dashboard and just like steps don't count if you don't have your pedometer, apparently rowing doesn't count if it doesn't hit the YTD dashboard, lol.

Coffee plus half and half X 3

PB English muffin

yogurt

tbd on everything else

Have a wonderful monday everyone!!

oh, forgot the QOTD - I hold my breath or I ignore them; thinking about them makes them worse but distraction works!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/6/23 3:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I got up at 4:00 due to a sick cat. Poor guy! (he has inflammatory bowel disease and has had it for around five years, I think. It's mostly controlled, but it occasionally flares up. Hopefully that's all it is this time, too...)

I've been listening to the news about the earthquake in southeastern Turkey all night and am waiting to hear if my friend who lives there is OK. I have several friends in Turkey, but most live in or near Istanbul. I'm assuming they're all OK since they're pretty far away. This guy lives really close to the epicenter, though. Hopefully I'll hear something today, although if not, I won't worry too much yet - I'm sure he's got more important things on his mind than responding to my messages.

I'm planning to go to Aqua Zumba at 9:00 and then I have class at 4:00. Lots to do in between...reading for classes, finishing my book for my discussion group, watching a film for my film group. I'm also going to throw a pork roast in my Instant Pot and make pulled pork.

QOTD: Fortunately, I rarely get them. I don't have a good answer - hopefully someone will - they're a big PITA!!

B: Greek yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with chicken breast and light dressing

AS: protein muffin (?)

D: pulled pork, some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/6/23 2:56 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

That meme is my brain every night! And just as I was drifting off again half an hour ago, the coyotes got started. Boo.my brain is also telling me that I forgot to pay for surgery and it's going to be canceled. Something I need to call about today.

Comfy shoes are great unless you have to pay for them later.

QOTD- Either measured breathing or holding breath. Most often the first, though I don't get hiccups much these days.

Got to head in to the office today. I'll be masking this week since I'm not sure if my hospital still tests for covid prior to surgery. They did in July. It's probably a moot point, though, since I'm getting braces Wednesday.

Today feels like I need a vacation to recover from going back to work...and I haven't even gone back yet!

Accountability- Detoxing from carbs. No more beignets and all. Ugh.

Exercise- Walking at lunch at the office.

Menu - Ratio yogurt, chicken tenderloins with parmesan and a small serving of risotto, probably not much else. Small diet cuts leading into Friday even though this is nothing like WLS prep.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

282 at referral, 280 at consult, 249 on 7/15 for SADI surgery

Loss: Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5

Today's weight: 170.8

Queen JB
on 2/6/23 2:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15
Topic: What's on your Monday Menu?

Good Morning and Happy Monday! I hope you all slept better than this meme. My mind was racing, so I hope I can actually accomplish some to-dos today.

I had a great time teaching the class yesterday but I wore crappy (but fashionable!) sneakers and raced around on concrete floors for a few hours so I woke up feeling very old today!

QOTD: What's your go-to cure for hiccups? I still get RNY related hiccups all the time. If I drink even a sip of liquid within an hour of eating, my body goes into hiccup mode. I hate it. I usually try holding my breath, but I don't think its actually effective.

B: egg bite

S: almonds and babybel

L: turkey meatballs

D: veggie burger w/cheese

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/4/23 5:46 am
WLS on 07/15/22
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Glad you were able to get home! And that you're finding foods in your progression. I'm a salty over sweet, too. I think you weighed in months ago because I had a hard time with all the sweet shakes and such. You're doing great!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/4/23 5:44 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Best of luck with the papers!

And oh yeah, driving in the dark! Oncoming headlights hurt and depth perception just drops.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/4/23 5:41 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Sounds like you had a fun night!

I always wonder about how people can show so much skin in the sun but then, I pretty much glow in the dark. I wear long sleeves and long pants almost all the time. And mostly high necked shirts. Anytime I feel sun on my skin it literally feels like I start baking. All of that to say, it makes me cringe to see people with almost nothing on because I assume they bake, too!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/4/23 5:34 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good luck with the doctor! I had something similar with my right knee after I hyper-extended it climbing down a goat path on the Faroe islands. Going down a lot of stairs still makes it flare up but it's improved dramatically. Hope your doctor doesn't restrict you too much!

Enjoy your weekend-it sounds amazing!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/4/23 5:28 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good luck with the Shamalan movie. That guy's plot twists...don't make a lot of sense.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 115 replies · 841 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 104 replies · 802 views
What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?
Queen JB · 104 replies · 866 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 77 replies · 653 views