Recent Posts

catwoman7
on 9/23/19 6:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

I don't like fake banana flavoring, either -- YUCK!!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/23/19 5:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Once I get them down, I thinking of adding some PB2 powder and seeing how that goes

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9

Jen

White Dove
on 9/23/19 5:41 am
Topic: RE: How long does liquid stay in new pouch after drinking it?

It goes straight out. The pouch is like a funnel and open on each end.

Watch this video for a great demonstration of why no liquids with food

Do Not Drink with Meals

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TR_F
on 9/23/19 4:53 am
Topic: How long does liquid stay in new pouch after drinking it?

Hi. RNY 12/2018. Having trouble with bile reflux. Trying to figure out why.

This didn't start happening till about 3 months ago. Never had acid reflux before surgery. (I know the two are different. Completely!)

So my original question was how long does liquid stay in your pouch after drinking it.

I usually drink two cups of tea a(yes, 30 minutes), to wash everything through and to get up to my liquid requirement.

How long before bed should I stop drinking.

I've probably heard this from my doctor, nutritionalist and nurses. But I cannot remember.

JuniperBerry
on 9/23/19 4:51 am - MA

I officially have a Pinterest page with 1 BILLION chaffle recipe variations pinned to it, haha. So far the only things I have actually tired are with different types of cheeses which make slightly different flavors, but still basically the same thing. But I want to get more experiential this week with pumpkin spice and maybe a Mexican spice variation!

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200
  • High Weight before RNY: 160
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110
  • Maintenance Weight: 120
  • CW: 130 (and dropping... thank you Keto!)
  • below goal in 9 months

JuniperBerry
on 9/23/19 4:48 am - MA

Grim probably thanks the heavens on days when I lose my voice... ah, sweet silence...

I got the strawberry cheesecake and cherry L&Fs. There wasn't really a selection. It was those two flavors and some kind of banana, and I detest fake banana flavoring, so my choices were made for me!

• 4'11"
  • below goal in 9 months

JuniperBerry
on 9/23/19 4:45 am - MA

Yuck, agreed--I have never been able to stand the chemical taste of any of the pre-made ones, so I wasted a ton of money on those too!

• 4'11"
  • below goal in 9 months

momyshaver
on 9/23/19 4:20 am
VSG on 06/28/17
Topic: RE: Anyone else become an alcoholic post RNY?

I think that cross addictions to anything, (alcohol or any other behavior that becomes destructive when we try to numb ourselves or cope using that instead of how we may have used food) illustrates how important it is to understand that any bariatric surgery is stomach surgery. It isn't head surgery. We have to change how we cope and we can only control ourselves. If there was dysfunction or when life happens as it does, a lot of people struggle. I think that is why severe regain, (or eating around a surgery) happens so often after a few years out. If you don't get with a program, a therapist who understands bariatrics, AA, etc. you might find that unmet need or struggle manifesting in another unhealthy way. You aren't alone but be prepared to tackle the root issues head on whatever they are. I would not necessary blame weight loss surgery for the alcoholism or the end of your marriage but if areas are under strain I have read of it definitely being the straw that broke the camel's back because it is such a drastic change. Any large, sustained change can cause stress, positive stress can lead to growth and as you have experienced, the fallout of negative stress not coped with in a healthy way. I hope you can find a way to sort it out.

5 foot 9 -VSG 7/27/17 HW 260/ LW 125 Bypass Revision 7/25/18 SW 125 /CW 122/ GW 145

Emiepie
on 9/23/19 3:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm glad you had a nice weekend and I hope you continue to feel better. Happy Fall-even though we might hit 95 today.

Accountability: Not bad.

QOTD: I didn't do shakes until about a year out. I did the premier usually banana blended with ice.

TSS: 5 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Fairlife latte, Buddig turkey, mixed nuts, and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Beyond burger sausage, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with butter and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1462 Protein: 128 Carbs: 108 Fat: 65

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW 291.4/CW 137-140 (10/2018)GW 150

MadisonRose
on 9/23/19 3:36 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone. Monday's come so fast! I want my weekend back. Ugh!

QOTD: hmmm....I didn't really drink any shakes right after surgery. I know in the hospital they brought me one of those Ensure or Boost shakes.....can't remember which one it was, but I took one sip and I wouldn't touch the thing after that. It was so disgusting! I bought a whole bunch of premier shakes before surgery because my friend who had the vsg recommended them. I didn't even try them first I just bought a whole bunch of them. Well guess what? Day one home from the hospital, I tried one and said no thank you! It was soooo nasty to me and I remember thinking what have I done to myself? Now I have to drink disgusting shakes and eat disgusting food for the rest of my life....no going back. I was so pissed that I wasted so much money on these damn shakes that I'd never drink! It wasn't until about a month or two later that I tried it again and that was that. They are now my go to shake and I couldn't live without them. Lol. My mom also made me some kind of shake concoction right after surgery with L&F vanilla yogurt, puréed fruit and I forget what else she put in it, but it wasn't bad.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: roast beef deli meat and smoked Gouda roll up

D: baked salmon and Brussels

S: Apple or L&F yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19