Recent Posts

Melody P.
on 2/17/20 12:42 pm - TX
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Thought I'd give an update. Once again the CD with the mri wouldn't open so the surgeon is taking it home to view on his PC. He is sure I'll at least have a decompression surgery ton the lower back. Once he views it he said he wouldn't be surprised if it also turns into a fusion on one disc.

Tentatively scheduled for the 15th of April.

really depressed but at least it should help with the pain.

38 F and 6 foot 2 inches

VSG - 3-14-18 - - - Revision to RNY - 5-29-19

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/17/20 12:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, Valentines?
On February 14, 2020 at 4:58 PM Pacific Time, sleeved524 wrote:

Thanks Daisydoo02,

The only reason im not having the dark chocolate now is because im so happy with my weight loss so far although i already had dark chocolate like a week post op i just let it sit on my tongue and sucked on it like it was hard candy...it didnt do anything to me thats another reason why i dont want to get use to eat it went down with no problem..

the LINDT EXCELLENCE 90% COCOA Dark Chocolate only has

Calories 200

total Fat 21%

total Carbohydrate 9 grams

Dietary Fiber 5 grams

TOTAL SUGAR 2 grams

Protein 4 grams

and i have added a square piece into my steamy hot coffee with premier shake cup for breakfast..

I think i am still in trial and error but im really paying alot of attention of what is going in my mouth..

and how i can or cannot tolerate it..

Thank you though and have a WONDERFUL VALENTINES DAY!

You are less than a month out from surgery. Most people lose a lot of weight in the first few weeks, stall at week 3, then slow to a pound or so per week. "Your weight loss so far" will not continue, especially if you're eating chocolate.

Complacency at less than three weeks is a HUGE red flag. You'll need to work hard and follow your surgeon's guidelines all the way until goal.

Your sleeve is tiny and needs to be filled with protein first and foremost. Most folks wouldn't dream of having candy until well after they've reached goal.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Teenie
on 2/17/20 11:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Pistachio walnut oil and sea salt sounds devine. I would live that.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 2/17/20 11:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I like "low hanging fruit" and "synergy". I could create a buzzword bingo card and probably win at every single meeting I attend...

peachpie
on 2/17/20 11:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I use an arm & hammer type of friction defense. I don't usually need it in that area- but the Pants I had on had an unusually short inseam.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Partlypollyanna
on 2/17/20 11:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope everything goes well and you get a good plan of attack!

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/17/20 10:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Gee....I wonder how many people have hair that's sensitive to gluten??

on 2/17/20 10:00 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Eww saddle sores are the worst? Do you use bodyglide? I found that helps a bunch!

on 2/17/20 9:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi all and happy Monday! Doing well so far this morning, preschool is closed so my kiddo is staying with my mom. "Nana" has been texting me updates all morning and they're having a great time together. When I dropped him off, he told me, "Today is a party just for Nana and Nolan! No mommies allowed! You need to go." Love it!

QOTD: I'm re-reading the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. I've also got a new stack of romance novels on my Kindle, courtesy of the local library, including stuff by Alyssa Cole and Ilona Andrews

Accountability: Yesterday, I did a 60 mile bike ride and burned about 3000 calories, and I only ate about 500 cal during the ride. So I totally went for some not-super-healthy choices after the ride. Namely, cheese ravioli with ricotta, and a big bowl of Doritos. Right back to regular food today, though, since that's a special case!

Chow:

• Breakfast: Greek yogurt
  • Lunch: frozen Atkins scrambled egg bowl (saving half for tomorrow)
  • Snack: salad with FF poppyseed dressing
  • Dinner: chicken breast with cheese and salsa, frozen broccoli
  • Snack: protein bar?
  • Exercise: hitting the treadmill for a Couch to 5k session on my lunch break

Partlypollyanna
on 2/17/20 9:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's my pool, they're all my swim lanes is a good response to that...I like watching them get that "wait, what" look on their face!

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9

Jen