Recent Posts

catwoman7
on 3/29/24 7:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Mornin' All!

I was going to go to water aerobics this morning but didn't make it. It's supposed to be nice this afternoon - 50s and no wind - but I have a massage at 1:00 so not sure I'll be up for biking afterward. Maybe walking this evening....or before the massage. I'll also be following up with two home health care agencies I contacted since we're going to need someone to start (with my mother) a week from today. Ugh. I'm feeling very stressed. Hopefully this will subside once everything is in place.

QOTD: any kind of high-quality chocolate. I don't do Hershey's or Nestle's.

coffee with half & half

rye crumpet with fig preserves

Chobani yogurt

I was going to say chili (for lunch), but probably not a good idea before a massage. Maybe asparagus soup with some kind of protein

raw veggies with yogurt-based dip

not sure about dinner, but we have a lot of leftovers - chili, asparagus soup, eggplant kuku - not sure what else - but probably one of those

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 3/29/24 7:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

GREAT pic's!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

catwoman7
on 3/29/24 7:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I LOVE pistachios - I would go ape over that cookie!

Lisa91941
on 3/29/24 7:18 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I too survived happy hour relatively unscathed. So much fun was had and too much wine was indulged in. My scones were yummy and I ate only one and the steak tips were a good protein option to nibble on while chatting. Very productive and busy day yesterday. I did get my walk in and I got to see my oldest boy (boy? he's 42. but always my favorite boy to me.) for 2 hours. The trolley was fun and the opening day ceremonies were very cool from our vantage point. Ending the evening with our Justin wines and great friends was the perfect way to cap it off. Great day over all.

I realized yesterday afternoon I am getting the grands for 6 straight days on Sunday evening. I MUST go through my pantry and pull out all the stuff. I need to see what I have and what I need to get. We are taking them camping in the RV at the lake and I do not want to buy more snacks because I have forgotten what I have shoved in the pantry. So that's my number one chore today. Also, a trip to TJ's for a couple items to round out Easter dinner. I'll save real grocery shopping for Monday after the Easter crush is over. That way I can also take the grands and let them each pick out a meal for a night that they can be responsible for preparing with help from Papa manning the grill. I also need to get out and stretch my legs. Maybe just a nice walk around the park near TJ's. Roger is golfing in a tournament today, so I have all day to myself. And I need to listen to about 8 new songs that got downloaded into my phone last night. That will happen while the pantry is being attacked.

QoTD: Jelly beans. NO black ones. I save those for Roger. And candy shell chocolate eggs. I cannot be trusted with either of these.

foods today are more freezer diving. Still can't really see the bottom yet.

B: egg and bacon

L: leftover pulled pork nachos made with air fried won ton wrappers for the chips

D: Found a thing of lasagna near the bottom. Adding a salad

Pics today are from my busy past week! Our picnic with the grands last Friday, our view for dinner from our neighbor's dinner party and our view of the ball game yesterday as well as one of my favorite guys. Have a great weekend and Happy Easter, friends!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 3/29/24 7:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I didn't get back on here again until now. I couldn't taste the eggplant in the di**** just gave it sort of a spongey texture. It was actually pretty good!

White Dove
on 3/29/24 7:08 am - Warren, OH

I love spice jelly beans. Not regular ones. I had a boss once who used to go buy bags of spice jelly beans and give them to me because he said I worked faster when I was eating them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 3/29/24 7:06 am - Warren, OH

When I look back on life, it is sort of like looking back on a year. There are periods of hope and joy like springtime, periods of anger and despair like summer storms, peaceful quiet periods like a beautiful fall day, and dead, lonely, and sad times like a bleak winter night. But spring always comes back. Just get through this period and don't be hard on yourself.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

wendygail
on 3/29/24 7:04 am - Live Oak, FL
Good morning, Ya'll!!!! I've got to start or should I say continue to clean house. And start meal prepping for Easter. I have delegated a few dishes to other folks but, I'm still doing the bulk. We're also taking my son out for supper for a belated birthday supper. Hard to believe I've got a 25-year-old.
I had someone ask me how I plan on dealing with Easter dinner. I plan on eating. No, I'm not eating the sweets that will be here. Even though it's going to be hard to stay away from my mother in laws homemade coconut cake. I have serving spoons that are actually measuring spoons. So, that will help out tremendously. As well as I'm the one that came up with the menu this year. So, I know what's being served and also, how it's made.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Partlypollyanna
on 3/29/24 6:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sorry you are struggling. It seems like things should get easier but they rarely do. Is there any support we can give you that would help?

love the Chicago charcuterie board

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/29/24 6:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the chair and family time this weekend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Forum Search Error & 404