Recent Posts

Lisa91941
on 3/27/24 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Good morning.

Thank you for yesterday's discussion over the QOTD. I got all my chores done yesterday and made major progress with my book club book, but I could not get myself out to exercise. But last night about 8, I went for Jen's plan and said 10 minutes. I made it to 16.5 minutes of jumping jacks, running in place, lunges, squats and modified push ups. Keeps my streak going. Whew.

Food was good yesterday but I did add a glass of wine while making dinner. Today I am ready for aquafit class. Swimsuit is on under my workout clothes. Maybe I'll hit up the treadmill first. I need to run out to get just two small ingredients for a fun app meal I am making for dinner tomorrow. Two new recipes and I had everything I need but 2 items. Thrilled with that and happy that they are things I'll be able to use up in other ways.

QoTD: Alarm to car, 40 minutes. That's shower, make up, hair, pack lunch, make a go cup of coffee and out the door. If I need to be out early, I don't have anytime to review OH, IG, or read any news. That happens later in the day. Also, love that I don't need to do this anymore.

Freezer diving continues. It's going quite yummy so far.

B: last of the egg casserole

L: 1 pc protein bread, smashed avo, 1 pc deli turkey meat, 1 half piece TJ's roasted red pepper. Plus some pop chips if needed

D: Finally, tonight we are having the Unexpected cheddar chicken sausage and butternut squash gnocchi.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

wendygail
on 3/27/24 7:30 am - Live Oak, FL
Good Wednesday Morning, from a very wet and soggy Suwannee County, FL. My arthritis has flared up big time but, that's okay. Ive gotta go grocery shopping today. Gotta get a few last items for Easter Sunday. I have no idea what I'm going to be cooking here today. My husband is home, down in the back. And he's not liking anything I've suggested. I haven't even asked my son what he's in the mood for. So, not the best kind of day around here. But, the good Lord allowed me to have another day here. And for that, I'm grateful. Ya'll have a wonderful day!!!!!
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Partlypollyanna
on 3/27/24 7:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think for a family of 5, plus you have several weeks each year with the extended family too. You are thrifty!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

ladygodiva1228
on 3/27/24 7:28 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I did a little more figuring and you actually spend less than $400 a month at Costco. So that's pretty darn good.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lisa91941
on 3/27/24 7:27 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Jim,

We just got an update on our insurance plan and it states "Now covered, over the counter drugs, vitamins and dietary supplements which meets the plans definition of preventative services".

So I contacted them and I have to email the benefits services to try and get mine approved. Seems very worth the effort. Because like you, I like my caramel chews in the morning and my chocolate cherry turn down service on my pillow iron chew every night.

PS. Union's are awesome. I'm thankful over and over for Roger's 30 years on a Union job.

Amy Liz
on 3/27/24 7:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Happy to hear that! Only 20 cals for a big tasty cracker. I usually get the original sourdough rye, but love the caraway one too.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Queen JB
on 3/27/24 7:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Grim is sending me smut pics while I'm at work.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 3/27/24 7:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It's a lot, right?! I mean all the toilet paper and rotisserie chickens and peanuts and salmon and Clorox wipes I have bought! It sounds staggering but I guess if I bought all of that at a regular grocery store it would be so much higher! I do occasionally buy a small kitchen appliance or suitcase or some big ticket item there so I guess it adds up! I make up for it by clothes shopping at Marshall's and driving a 14 year old car :)

ladygodiva1228
on 3/27/24 6:47 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

That's what I came up with but didn't want to tell her. Which if I think about it that's really not bad for 12 months of grocery shopping for a family.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Greateight
on 3/27/24 6:43 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Leg Day yesterday and I'm feeling it this morning. Nothing hurts, just my legs are feeling thick and sluggish.

12 minutes to a Heavy back Squat, then

10 minutes of 3,6,9,12, etc. Burpee pull-ups and 24 inch box jump overs.

I squatted 205, and between that and jumping up to the bar for the burpee pull-pups, I had a little less spring in my step than I thought. Walked up to the box, jumped, pulled up my legs and landed on the top of the box. But I had no oomph left to go forward and slowly ebbed back where I came from. No rep. I had to remember to really swing my arms so that the momentum it generated kept me going forward enough to land on the top of the box and then step over and down. I did accumulate several no reps during the 10 minutes, but got through the round of 12.

I slept 9 hours last night, and I think that I forgot to put my guards in because I was tired. No real leg stuff today and tomorrow is a rest day.

I'm running out of calcium chews. I still take the chewable vitamins that I got right out of surgery. Since they are way overpriced and not that convenient to find, I had decided that I'm was going to switch to regular vitamins this year. And for my multi-vitamin, I'm definitely going to do that. But I'm having a little trouble saying goodbye to my chews. I do enjoy the caramel taste of the chew. I have to decide next week.

Two Happy Hours this week.

QOTD: Like an hour and a half. What do I do? I don't know. but its not move out of the house quickly.

Breakfast: Corned Beef hash

Lunch: Lasagna

Dinner: Steak

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404