karenp8’s Posts

karenp8
on 10/15/20 4:31 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in even though we were wet by the end as it started raining halfway through. We'll get more walks in later if it clears off. I have Kit Kats in the camper now and it's all I can do to stay away. I can relate,JB! Accountability was spot on food and stepwise with 11,154 steps done. Weight is 120.2. QOTD one of the malls in St.Louis. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L meat and cheese rollup D 4 oz baked chicken. Have a great day and stay safe everyone! Make your best choices!

karenp8
on 10/14/20 10:18 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

We use a lot of the spices in a tube as I like the fresh flavor but fresh herbs get old and dry before I use the whole batch.

karenp8
on 10/14/20 5:04 am

Quick post as it's nearly time to start waking hubby for work. Youngest son went back to work Monday after his surgery June 15 to replace his ACL with cadaver ACL. He's.had 2 good days with very little pain so pleased with that. Work was ecstatic to have him back too. Accountability was perfect both food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. QOTD garlic and EBB seasoning. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L meat and cheese rollup D 4 oz baked pork chop. Have a great day and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 10/14/20 4:57 am

So glad to see you back posting,Janet. You're on my prayer list and in my thoughts every day. Hang in there and take life one step at a time. Sometimes that"s all we can do!

karenp8
on 10/13/20 4:58 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Good morning menu friends! No post from me yesterday as I wasn't feeling well but back up to par today. I had a dumping episode Sunday evening and didn't get much sleep. Apparently 2 thin slices of honey wheat bread,peanut butter and no sugar added jelly is too much sugar for me. Didn't even eat it all as it was shared with Miss Lily. First walk is done today and accountability was good yesterday. Weight 120.6. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c loaded potato soup D 4 oz baked chicken. Have a great day and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 10/10/20 5:46 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first walk done. We're spending the day today at the in laws with both boys and our daughter in law. They drove down from Minneapolis Thursday for the weekend. Have to get hubby up shortly so we can head. They live about and hour and a half from here and Miss Lily will go with us. We'll get some walking in there too. Accountability was spot on yesterday and weight is 120.4. QOTD yes to myself and to Lily. Usually rehashing plans for the day or sometimes to Miss Lily if I'm upset about something. She never judges! Here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz meatloaf D 3/4 c baked potato soup. Have a great day and stay safe everyone! Time for coffee!

karenp8
on 10/9/20 4:52 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Good morning menu friends ! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Busy day today with work till 4,bath for Lily,some cleaning and laundry. Need to get my weekend stuff done so we can drive 11/2 hours to the in laws tomorrow to spend the day with them and our son Rudy and his wife,Dani,who are down for the weekend from Minneapolis. It's been nearly a year since we've seen them both. Miss Lily will go along for the day too! Accountability was perfect food wise but I only had 7,233 steps. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L serving of protein waffles with sugar free syrup D 4 oz. cheddar brats. Pic is fungi we found in the mulch here. Not much exciting here in the middle of the cornfields!

karenp8
on 10/8/20 4:55 am

Going to be lots of coffee in my future today. Woke up wide awake at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally got up a bit before 5 and Miss Lily and I got our first walk in. We'll do several more later. QOTD my high school science teacher,Mrs. Wilhite who made science fun and had a great sense of humor. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. Weight today is 120.6 and accountability was good yesterday with 11,268 steps. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 10/7/20 4:48 am

Good morning menu friends! A pretty day here in the cornfields of Illinois and Miss Lily and I have our first walk in. We'll do two more later as well. Weight today is 120.6. QOTD Miss Lily and anything to do with any dogs. Also another thing that lifts my spirits are pics of babies especially the cute ones Anny posts on Facebook of her daughter,Beaz. Yesterday was an I want to eat every darn thing in sight day. Hopefully today is not the same. I managed to go to bed with no snack and ate what was planned. I had 11,353 steps at the end of the day. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c beef and mushroom soup with sm piece of cornbread D 4 oz lamb roast. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 10/5/20 5:16 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Quick post as I'm in the process of waking hubby for work. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. It was a brisk 31at the time so we walked fast. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday. Weight is 120.2 today. QOTD nothing I can think of. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c bacon and potato soup D 4 oz baked chicken. Stay safe everyone and make your best choices today!

karenp8
on 10/5/20 5:10 am

I don't do Halo Top because I have zero control when it comes to sweets or fake ones. I would eat it til I was sick. It will never come in my house.

karenp8
on 10/4/20 7:46 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu?

That makes sense because my dad's ancestors came from Germany.

karenp8
on 10/4/20 6:53 am

Sorry! Two of them are sideways.

karenp8
on 10/4/20 6:52 am

Thanks for starting us out again, Melody! Miss Lily and I will head out here in a minute for our first walk. Since I make her get up by 5:20 on work days,on the weekend we walk when she gets restless. We've got our first walk in now and will do more later if the weather holds. Accountability yesterday was good food wise but I didn't get all my steps in as it was raining all afternoon. At least I made good food choices though. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz grilled shrimp. Trying to avoid a bedtime snack. QOTD I like my name even with all the "Karen" memes! Gonna post a before and after pic--just because. It's a gloomy day and I feel the urge to snack so I need the reminder. Stay safe everyone and make your best choices.

karenp8
on 10/3/20 7:50 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

Thanks for starting us out ,Melody. I checked to see if it was started but lacked the enthusiasm to do it! No exciting plans here,either just laundry and grocery store in a bit. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more. Accountability was exactly as planned and weight is 120.2. Have to make sure to get my steps. During the work week it's no problem because I am running all over a huge warehouse but weekends I have to be a bit more intentional. QOTD both. Plus when winterize the camper it gets a total clean out. That will happen by the beginning of November probably. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L not sure as we may pick something up D 4 oz of ribeye steak. I'm also planning for 3/4 c cheesy popcorn before bed (if I'm hungry). Have a safe and healthy day everyone!

karenp8
on 10/2/20 4:53 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu? Menu?

Love the new haircut,JB. It looks like a longer version of mine today as I got out my flatirons and straighten mine. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. It was really cold and dark and neither of us were in the mood,but we did it anyway. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. QOTD nothing comes to mind. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1/2 of a taco salad D other half of lunch. I need to stay away from the snacks. I added some popcorn before bed which was OK calorie wise but I didn't really need it. That's a bad habit of mine. Tonight I'll make a cup of decaf coffee instead. Have a great day and stay safe everyone. Pics are mushrooms,Miss Lily and a cabin in the woods at Pine Creek. Wish I was still there!

karenp8
on 10/2/20 4:45 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu? Menu?

That could be a picture of me too today! My get up and go has got up and went. Luckily it's Friday!

karenp8
on 10/1/20 5:04 am

It's morning again and Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Yesterday I had 10,037 steps and food choices were good too. QOTD I have never in my life used an emoji and wouldn't know how if I wanted too. Some of them are cute. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz grilled shrimp. Weight today is 120.6. Stay safe and make your best choices,my friends! Time to find some nice hot coffee as it could here today.

karenp8
on 9/30/20 4:46 am

Good morning menu friends! Another brisk morning here in the cornfields of Illinois, but Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise with12,243 steps and weight is 120.4. QOTD my favorites were Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cinnamon Life. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz smoked sausage. Have a great day and stay safe everyone! Time to pour some coffee!

karenp8
on 9/29/20 4:43 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Good morning menu friends and thanks for starting us out, JB. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. I ended up having a Denver omelet at lunch and then ate leftovers of that for dinner. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c beef and mushroom soup D 4 oz ground beef patty with cheese and no bun. QOTD hubby's breakfast burritos,mahi mahi fillets,burger pattiesand some Amish butter. Remember it's a tiny camper frig. Not much space for anything at all. Stay safe everyone and make some smart and healthy choices! Later!

karenp8
on 9/28/20 8:11 am

Late getting to this but I'm sitting in the car while hubby is at a doctor appointment. Miss Lily and I got our first walk in early and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. The steak we had for dinner last night was delicious! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L something healthy as we'll be eating out D leftover steak from last night while hubby has sushi. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone !

karenp8
on 9/27/20 6:29 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday Menu?

Hang in there and fight like a crazy lady. Praying you find just the right lawyer who can help you with your case. I'm just like your mom-'a momma bear when it comes to my kids.

karenp8
on 9/27/20 6:26 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday Menu?

Good morning menu friends! It's a beautiful day here in the cornfields of Illinois and Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in. We'll do several more later. Accountability was perfect both food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.6. QOTD Mexican. I don't get it often as hubby isn't much of a fan,but every now and then he gives in. Plans for today include a bath for Miss Lily and cleaning the camper. Nothing exciting here. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz crab salad D 4 oz grilled ribeye. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

karenp8
on 9/26/20 6:41 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu?

Your weekend sounds so exciting, Liz! And we get to live vicariously through you. My weekend involves 3 loads of laundry, cleaning the camper and giving the dog a bath. No excitement here but I may go to Goodwill today with my son Sam to look for some work tshirts for him. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4 oz pork burger. QOTD sitting outside the camper at Pine Creek camp. Picture to follow. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

karenp8
on 9/26/20 6:36 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu?

So sorry to hear this,Melody. You're on my prayer list.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics