Angela R.’s Posts

Angela R.
on 3/4/19 12:47 pm
Topic: RE: HELP!!!! Can't seem to get going....

Is everyone different on the basic calories protein and carbs? I have tried like 3 different calculator's and got different amounts. I want to make sure I do the right amounts for my weight and height..

Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

Angela R.
on 3/4/19 12:45 pm

I'm looking into trying Keto plan. I guess that would work with the protein and the liquid goals are not an issue with me. Thanks for responding.. Angela

Angela 

Angela R.
on 3/4/19 11:32 am

Hello everyone,

I have been flip flopping every year on my weight. Over the past year and half I put on 56lbs. I didn't do all this to gain everything back. I'm still 89lbs down. I need lots of support and have NO support groups close to home. I have been told I should do a pouch shrink, keto diet and then a regular diet. What are your thoughts?

Angela 

Angela R.
on 11/4/11 12:22 pm
Topic: RE: HypoThyroid anyone??????
Thank you all so much.. I'm going to check out the website and also my doctor of course..
Angela 

Angela R.
on 11/4/11 1:42 am
Topic: RE: Daily food intake for those losing - looking for examples
For some reason my pouch holds way to much.  I am almost never hungry but can eat a lot more then I should.. I guess its up to me to stop at 1 cup... grrrrrr  
Angela 

Angela R.
on 11/4/11 1:40 am
Topic: RE: HypoThyroid anyone??????
I am so confused.. I was put in the hospital 2 days ago because I have AF... And they found out that I have Hypothyroid.. Which slows everything down.  They said even though I have it my levels are great.. They said my thyroid is pushing working over time to make everything work.. Does anyone know if this has anything to do with my weight loss.. I have not lost anything in over 4 months.. Very frustrated...
Angela 

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 9:14 am
Topic: RE: Speeding up my metabolism?????
So far this was the best advice. I am going to work on all of this tomorrow.. I'm getting myself back on track.
Angela 

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:55 am
Your funny
Angela 

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:53 am
This is what I have eaten today. 
Panera Bread
You Pick Two
Roasted Harvest Turkey Salad -
San Ceaser Sandwich (1/4 of it)

1 cup of pop corn

1/2 cup of broccoli rice
1/2 of chicken breast (Jenni O)

Thats it
Angela 

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:51 am
I think  alot of my problem might be that I'm not tracking anything that goes in my mouth.  I have no clue what to do. I really have NO support when it comes to my weight loss. I am at a loss of how to do it and what to do.  I lost 83 lbs but have always just ate smaller amounts of all the same foods I have always eaten.  
It's time for me to focus.. I agree if I have time for facebook and OBH I should have time to work out.  
Angela 

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:28 am
I need help.  I have been at a total stall for over 4 months. I can't seem to even find a sec to go to the gym.  Has anyone found anything that will help in speeding up our metabolism or telling my body that im not in starvation mode????
Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/25/11 10:20 am
Topic: RE: Where are you in your journey? Are you satisfied? What can you do to improve?
I had surgery on Jan 3 2011... I am down 82 lbs and going up 2lbs and down 2 up 2 down 2.. Driving me nuts. I'm not really eating as healthy as I could.. I need to go see my doctor. I missed my 6 month.. And have not done labs.. It's all me... totally not the bypass....
Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/3/11 10:21 am
Topic: RE: Need to be pushed......
Thank you all soooooo MUCH.. You all don't know how much this means to me.. I am going to do some type of excersize starting tomorrow.  Yoga sounds good and so does the bike.. I wish my pool was deeper then 5 feet cause I would take you up on the advice.. Again thanks so much everyone your all a true blessing to all of us here..
Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/2/11 10:59 pm
Topic: RE: Brownie Batter=FOOD-gasm!
ty ty ty ty ty ty.. I have a sweet tooth that I can't handle sometimes.. rock on...
Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/2/11 10:57 pm
Topic: RE: I hate to ask this.....but

Bigsilly,

I don't know anyone personally that has died from any of these surgeries.  I will say this my doctor said the only ones that do die (in her care) are the ones that don't do as she says when they get home.  They sit down and don't walk and end up with blood clots.  I would say that the other ones that might pass away from this is the ones that go in with MAJOR health issues that cause them to pass but not the surgery itself.  It's as safe as having open heart surgery is now.. I was so scared too but its like 1 in ever 10,000 and that's the ones that don't do as they are told.. I personally know 4 people that have gone through this surgery and they are all alive and well and losing or lost all their weight..

Put your life in your doctors hands but listen to him/her well and you will be just fine.. It will be the best choice you have ever made in your whole life...

Angela

Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/2/11 10:53 pm
Topic: RE: Need to be pushed......
So I'm 8 months out and lost 82 lbs, well most days its 82... The scale keeps jumping from 208 -213  It's been going on for 2 months now and I'm so frustrated I could scream.. I am on my feet all day at work.  When I say on my feet I mean running back and forth between the line to the cashiers. I have not even started at the gym yet and I KNOW that is most of my issue.  I was not drinking my water but started 2 days ago drinking 3 very large bottles that take me to about 90 oz a day.  I just don't seem to be able to find time to get to the gym.  I work really messed up hours 5a-3p or 8-6p and today I work 10-8.. I'm so tired all the time I just want to sit down and rest. I have very very very bad bonespirs(spelling) on my left foot and also a bone growth on the bottom of my left foot that stops me from walking or using the treadmil... This is so frustrating. 
I wan't to start working out just don't have the umph for it... My birthday is in 3 weeks and I really really really want to hit 199 I have NOBODY to be a gym partner and I pay for the WOW every month.. What to do next... BLANK!!!!!
Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/2/11 11:13 am
Topic: RE: The Band Failed Me, Thinking About RNY.
So many of us in the same situation.  I was banded in 2003 and lost 30 lbs NOTHING after that.  I did the bypass in Jan 2011 and I'm down 82 lbs a total of 102 from the time I had the band on...  I'm so happy with my bypass.. you will love it
Angela 

Angela R.
on 8/2/11 11:03 am
Topic: RE: 10 months out and not a pound lost
Feeling the pain ladies.... I have been in a stall for over 2  months.. I hate it.. But I also have not been drinking my water or working out either.  Been working so darn much I cant get time to slow down and drink.. Then fitting in a work out is like pulling teeth.  And this to shall pass...
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/30/11 11:13 am
Topic: RE: Able to eat A LOT (for RNY) and scared!
Christina,  It doesn't matter why you ordered it.  It just matters that you don't keep doing it.  As I type this I am having an eatting night... I had a half of a small grinder with only half the bread, 2 small pieces of pizza and then about 1 hour latter I ate 2 more pieces of pizza.. NOW I'M FULL... WAY TO FULL...
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/21/11 11:19 am
Topic: RE: 6 months post op & not losing
Hey girls,  I also am almost 6 months out and have been at a halt for over 4 weeks.. Yes its frustrating but you know what I could be doing more to get the weight off (watching everything that goes in my mouth)  But I'm down 78 lbs in 5.5 months and I'm excited.

we will all do fine.. keep up the great job girls
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/16/11 11:31 am
Topic: RE: Big time grazzzzzzer
I am 5 months out and have posted a few times on my frustrations on not losing weight for the past few weeks. I have been at a stand still of 212 - 215 for at least 3 weeks.  I am so bad at eating or snacking is more like it.  I can eat anything without really dumping dumping.. I get a little sick to my stomach but no real dumping. This frustrates me because I can pick and I mean just pick.. I don't eat a lot just picking and maybe a crackerful here or a Nature vally bar there.  It's so darn frustrating.. I have always beena snacker and have an issue trying to control it that's why I had gastric bypass to begin with.  I need some idea's for healthy easy snacks that don't have many calories in them but is not veggies.. I have never been able to eat raw veggies and still can't... I also have a hard time with sweetiners.. HELP ME!!!!!!
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/14/11 1:46 pm
Topic: RE: The scale is killing me!
I think that's what I have to do.. throw the stupid thing in the closet.. I have been the same weight for over 3 weeks now... grrrr
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/6/11 11:14 am
Topic: RE: Protein Ice Cream
I think I'm going to go buy a ice cream maker.. hehe Can you post the website for the ice cream recipe
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/3/11 2:16 pm
Topic: RE: Hair loss
Hey girl,  I know the feeling.. I had very thick hair and now it's very thin... I keep my hair very spiky anyway so you can't tell as much.  I can tell because of the globs of hair I take out of the shower each day.  I work in food service and was worried my hair would fall out while i was on the line hahaha..
Angela 

Angela R.
on 6/2/11 12:27 pm
Topic: RE: HELP ME... 5 months po and no lost
Thank you so much... I will be saying a prayer for you..
Angela 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 469 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 383 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views