Gavs50’s Posts

Gavs50
on 7/20/20 1:14 pm
Gavs50
on 7/19/20 3:11 pm
Topic: RE: A little encouragement

Liz

This is really helpful as I personally had great success on WW but as I referred to in my post staying consistent and motivated is always the challenge. I know I have the ability just looking for some ideas and encouragement. Thanks.

Gavs50
on 7/19/20 3:06 pm

Thank you for that information. Very helpful

Gavs50
on 7/19/20 4:59 am

I would first off like to say hello again and I'm sorry. I had Roux-en-Y surgery back on Sept 1st 2016 and it was life changing. I spent a fair amount of time in this community gaining knowledge through others experiences I also received a ton of encouragement from people from all over that I have never forgotten. Then I thought I had it and I went away, I believed that I could do it all alone. I was wrong. HW 320 Pre surgery 300 LW 175 CW 210. Total loss at max was 145. I have put some back on and am working had to make the right choices again. I am on of the blessed ones. ZERO side effects, no hernia issues no hair loss no excess skin to mention, only one or two aversions to food still to this day, dumping is still a thing but it's more I have to sleep than throw up, I really have been bless. Now if they could have preformed Brain surgery also to give me a new mind set it would have been great. There brain is the mussel that's needs the most work. Just looking for a little encouragement to get about 15lbs off. Anyone else figured out the way or been there? Pouch resets ?
thanks in advance for a wonderful forum and a great bunch of people that really help each other through a life changing experience

Gavs50
on 5/8/18 5:45 pm
Topic: RE: Caloric intake with exercise

Great article. Point heard ! Time to atart monitoring a bit better. Thanks

Gavs50
on 5/8/18 5:35 pm

Wow you ha e a great memory. Very touching. Hoping all is well in your world.

Gavs50
on 5/8/18 11:44 am
Gavs50
on 5/8/18 11:21 am

Thanks for your perspective. If your running 30 miles a week you should be doing a marathon. Keep it up that's awesome.

Gavs50
on 5/8/18 11:19 am

Thanks I will shot that forum a message.

Gavs50
on 5/8/18 10:43 am

It has been a very long time since I have posted but I have learned that this group will always be there for me. I am currently just shy of 2 years out and am really doing well. 310 HW 175 LW 185 CW. I exercise a ton and have achieved huge success since my surgery and I am looking for anyone else who has done the same.

Here's an example- I am training for another Marathon so if I go out and run 15 to 20 miles for a training run and burn 3000 calories doing it what should my caloric intake be for the day prior the day of and the day after a day like that ?

I tipicly don't want to eat a ton the day of a long run but I do drink over 100 grams of protein and that shake alone has 800 calories just by itself.

Any thought you can all provide I would appreciate them. Thanks

Gavs50
on 4/12/18 8:16 pm
Topic: RE: How long from by- pass surgery until I can go on previously booked and paid for cruise?!

So I'm just one guy and everyone is different but I had my by-pass on Sept 1st 2016 and was on a 9 day cruise for my 25th Wedding Anniversary 6 weeks later.

I can tell you the amount of food on the ship and the people who were just shoving it into there mouths made me quezzy quite a bit.

I also called the Cruise line and made sure I could bring enough Protein shakes on board to cover my needs for the 9 days I was on the boat.

My personal opinion is you will be more than fine.

Gavs50
on 4/9/18 11:48 am
Topic: RE: 10 year anniversary

Congratulations. That's an awesome anniversary to celebrate.

Gavs50
on 9/29/16 7:28 am
Topic: RE: The last of the September surgeries

Sorry late to the game !  Hope all went well and you can move forward with the next steps of your journey !  

Gavs50
on 9/23/16 3:36 am
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the big day!

Good luck !  Drink drink drink ! Follow the instructions and you will do awesome. 

Gavs50
on 9/14/16 6:58 pm
Topic: RE: Moving quickly.....

Awesome for you !  They move really quickly on all the first steps so that when they finally submitt your information to the HMO they don't leave any room for delays with questions.  Good luck with the rest of your journey,  hold on tight because it's an awesome ride. 

Gavs50
on 9/14/16 4:59 am
Topic: RE: More September dates!!

Hello September group !  Well I'm officially 2 weeks post op and feeling awesome.  Had my first post op with the Doc and I'm officially down 50 lbs from when I started seeing him 4 months ago.  Yippie. I had one set back post op with a bad attack of the gout.  Prevented me from getting as much walking in as I would have like right after surgery. That's gone now and I'm up and walking about 4 miles a day at this point. Can't start running till at least 30 days out.  Eating has progressed nicely I'm on to Bari 4 stage which means I can have soft or puréed foods.  So far this week I have just had soup but man it was delicious :-) 

Wishing all the rest of you that still have to go this month the best. 

Gavs50
on 9/14/16 4:50 am
Topic: RE: 15 Months out! With Picture

Wow ! You look awesome thanks for sharing this. Just shows that hard work and perseverance pays. Very inspirational 

Gavs50
on 9/14/16 4:47 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Today

Good luck and know that the rest of your life is right in front of you !  Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Gavs50
on 9/11/16 1:21 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Date for 9/28/16!

Congrats on the start of your entire new life.  It's is sooooo worth the wait in order to lose the weight ! 

Gavs50
on 9/8/16 4:29 pm
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the big day.

Good luck !   Pay attention to what your body tells you after the surgery and you will do awesome. Welcome to the losers bench. 

Gavs50
on 9/6/16 3:59 pm
Topic: RE: September surgeries on a roll!

What a handsome, beautiful , stunning class photo this will be in a year !   Good luck to everyone still left. It's awesome and I pray for you to have as great a experience as I have had.  

Tempest and JSPO408 enjoy your bowel prep tonight 

Its totally worth it because it is the start of the process to a whole new you ! 

Lets us know how your feeling on Saturday because if you are like me the last I wanted to do was post the day after. That day is for sipping and walking and healing. 

God Speed ! 

Gavs50
on 9/5/16 11:21 am
Topic: RE: Pre-surgery diet

I'm 4 days post op and I can tell you what I did the week before that my Dr told me to do and it wasn't hard at all.  

3 protein shakes per day, No more than 8oz lean protein (I just ate chicken) per day and if I needed more than that I could have 1 serving of fruit or non starchy begs for snacks. 

I was more than satisfied with shakes and Chicken each day and a few cups of decaf hot tea. 

Gavs50
on 9/4/16 3:19 pm
Topic: RE: HOW TO ???????

Great question as I would also like to update my own and I can't find it in any of the posting history but in sure I'm just not searching correctly 

Gavs50
on 9/4/16 10:25 am
Topic: RE: Rcovery Time ?????

I'm three days out right now and feeling better everyday.  I am planning on going back on Tuesday for an office day than back on the road Wednesday.  

Gavs50
on 9/3/16 3:11 pm
Topic: RE: Another one bites the dust.

Don't second guess yourself. Listen to your gut ha ha or your heart.  

I waffled for a day or two but I really said to myself I wouldn't have come this far to back away now. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 65 replies · 663 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 52 replies · 582 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 50 replies · 561 views
What?s on your Monday menu?
Melody P. · 27 replies · 185 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 22 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?