Aleck77’s Posts

Aleck77
on 12/22/18 7:35 pm
Topic: RE: My 1st negative experience post surgery

Thanks for tip, I will definitely look into that. Do you take the papaya extract everyday like a vitamin/preventative? Or just when you get that feeling of nausea?

Aleck77
on 12/20/18 11:46 am

Thanks everybody for the advice and words of encouragement!! I'm glad its not something that I need to go to the ER for if and when it were to happen again. I have caught myself a couple of times getting a little too complacent because nothing too bad has happened to me yet...sneaking in a little extra food, not chewing as thoroughly as I should, or not taking a whole 30 minutes to eat like I should. It sounds weird, but in a way I'm glad that happened...a good way ti keep me in check and put me in my place. Definitely an attention getter to let me know I messed up. The only thing I didn't think of, is what happens if I have an incident at work? That's something new to think and worry about...thanks for that, lol. :p

Aleck77
on 12/19/18 11:41 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm new here and apologize if this has been asked before, but last night I had a bit of a rough night and wanted to get some ideas on what it is that was happening to me.

I had RNY surgery on November 5th, 2018. No complications during or after surgery. Since I have been home things have been going pretty well, I haven't had any issues with eating or drinking. I'm losing weight and am actually feeling pretty good. Currently I am allowed 2oz of soft/chopped food and that will increase to 3oz at the end of this month.

Yesterday at about 2pm I ate a scrambled egg and I mixed in an oz of chopped up grilled chicken nugget from chic-fil-a and a few pieces of chopped mushrooms. I didn't have anything else to eat until 6pm. I drank an 11oz can of the Pure Protein Brand Vanilla Cream protein shake. About 30 minutes or so after I drank the shake I started feeling nauseous. At one point I was sure I was going to get sick and went to the bathroom to wait it out, but never did get sick. I go back out to the living room and a little time passes, my chest starts hurting and it felt like I had something stuck in my throat. I kept wanting to burp, but couldn't. The pain in my chest got pretty intense and I wondered if it could have been gas bubbles. So my wife and I go and take a walk around the block hoping that would help and it didnt. It wasn't long after we got back that I started spitting up this white foam. Not sure what that could of been...was thinking that it was the protein shake coming back up? It didn't relieve the pain in my chest or that lump I was feeling in my throat. I usually don't panic, but I started to worry that whatever that lump was in my throat was going to cut off my air supply. Luckily it didn't get that bad, but I was getting to the point to where I wanted to go to the hospital. Finally after sitting in the bathroom for probably a good 30 minutes I threw up a couple of times and felt better almost immediately afterwards. It looked like scrambled egg and bits of mushroom that came up which I thought was odd because by the time this whole experience was over, it was well after 8pm.

So does anybody have any ideas on what happened and what I can do to avoid it. This was the furthest thing from fun. Chicken is on my approved food list and I have been eating that and drinking the brand of protein shake since I've been back home and haven't had any issues with that or eggs. Could I have just eaten too much, too fast...or could there be another problem I'm not aware of?

Sorry for the long post and gross info, but hoping somebody could give me some insight. Thanks everybody :-)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404