Lisa91941’s Posts

Lisa91941
on 4/19/24 8:01 am, edited 4/19/24 1:27 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Good morning! Looking forward to all the things this weekend.

I was 100% on food and bev yesterday. I'm concentrating hard on dropping these extra few pounds I picked up over the last few weeks. Last week in particular I guess. Though still no exercise. I'm starting to get the craving for it and I am committed to my HIIT class on Monday. So that's my drop dead plan to get back into it. So far, I have 5 straight days of nuttin at all.

Today I need to pop into the grocery store. Supposed to have a friend for dinner, but she may have a slab week and we are on pending. Either way, I need to have something fun to serve her tonight because if she does have a leak and can get away for dinner she's going to need a fun distraction, and if she doesn't have a leak she'll be in celebration mode. Slab leaks are terrible. So costly no matter what the situation is.

QoTD: Having circled the US last year, been through 44 of the states overall, I'm still a Southern California girl. I love it here. However, I would accept the gift of a second home in downtown Mystic, CT or along the Columbia River bank in Oregon. I still can't believe how gorgeous the Columbia River area was, and am dreaming of a river cruise vacation on it.

Bites today are lined up pretty well. I punted last night on dinner and changed to an old favorite, which made Rog's day, but it was still belly friendly to me. But now I have ingredients to use up!

B: leftover roast chicken, egg, pesto, mozz and tomatoes as a scramble

L: protein bread, roast chicken, unexpectedly cheddar spread broiled together

D: Unsure here but Pesto Chicken or Pork chops with cacio e pepe spaghetti are leading the way for ideas right now.

Wine...if we have company then yes, if not, then no.

Dessert. I know I should not buy them, but TJ's has their raspberry star cookies out seasonally as lemon flowers. And I love lemon. I may get them and then take the box to the grands tomorrow when we go watch the softball game.

Photo is fat little me. I was like 2 or three here. I never stood a chance. My brother posted this for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I'm the on on the right.

Peace Everybody.

Phot

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/18/24 6:44 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

Good morning! Early to bed, early to rise. Lights out last night at 9:30, eyes open this morning at 4:30. But things have been accomplished already today, so bring on the rest of the day.

I did great on food and drink yesterday. No boo boos. And my dinner was amazing. I'll forward anyone the NYT link and my modifications if they are interested. The whole thing took 20 minutes and I subbed Pacific Cod from TJ's for the salmon the recipe called for and I'm already wondering when I can work this meal back into my menu plan. A little high in fat, but everything else was basically super low cal, so I was very comfortable with that. I also got a ton of little chores accomplished.

Today -- who knows. I've got no plans.

QoTD: Does she have her passport? If not, sponsor that. The gift that keeps on giving for ten years!

Bites today

B: egg/cottage cheese bake topped with the left over "sofrito" from last night's dinner

L: chicken and unexpectedly cheddar spread on a piece of protein bread

D: potsticker "soup" served over cauliflower fried rice

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/17/24 2:55 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

The Marsh King's Daughter. A Sheila recommendation, so you may have already read it! I found the psychological part of it very unnerving.

Lisa91941
on 4/17/24 7:54 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

The chicken was awesome, Mel. Super easy. You should totally try it one day!

Lisa91941
on 4/17/24 7:52 am

Good morning. Yesterday was a combo of good successes, chicken was amazing and I finished my book, and being a slug. I finished my book and only moved from couch to chair to kitchen. But I'm good with that. Today is a few errands and maybe a walk this afternoon. I certainly am not feeling motivated to exercise this week, but know now from experience that I will suddenly get ants in my pants and be off again. I'm also learning that it's ok.

QoTD: I eat something balanced before I go, keep a big glass of ice cold water with me and only bite things that l think are amazing and are not sitting at home that I can have any time. Mostly this works for me.

Bites today I think are...

B: chopped up roasted chicken breast and an egg

L: piece of roasted chicken breast on toasted protein bread with a tablespoon of unexpectedly cheddar spread broiled on top

D: baked cod with lemon and a small amount of rice on the side

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/16/24 7:29 am

Good morning!

A good day was had all the way around yesterday. Had a fun TJ's run with little crowds and mucho good food picks. Came home with 5 bags packed full and feel completely restocked now. Visited all day with my niece, chatting with her in between her work Zoom calls and then she came with us to meet up with our son at the event he was in town for. One of our little "villages" here is called North Park and it's full of fun bars and restaurants. His main brand had the event at a divey little Tequila bar. I spent 4.5 hours there enjoying everyone and not one drop of alcohol was consumed by me. And I stayed away from the chips and guac. What more could you ask from a girl? Such a fun time with him and it's nice to see how much his business associates think of him. I got praise all afternoon for raising such a nice man. Went home with a full heart.

Today I have zero plans and Rog is off golfing today. Maybe a walk. Maybe some art. Maybe work on the book Sheila turned me on to that is scaring the crap out of me and is now a daylight only book. Eeeek!

QoTD: I gave up caffeine and decaf in August 2019. I had been on decaf only for 10 years before that, but even decaf has enough caffeine that I cant' tolerate it. That also means I can't drink white, black or green tea. It's still a bummer, but one adjusts and I have. But I don't think I would want to live if I had to give up meat proteins. Nothing says happy like a perfectly cooked chicken thigh. I'm weird. I know.

Foods today are

B: trying TJ's new protein (to me at least) protein pancake mix. 2 pancakes = 140 cals plus a bit of syrup.

L: homemade chicken salad with a few grapes and apples chopped in on one piece of protein bread

D: Roasting a chicken. Yum! Will roast it on top of cornbread croutons and butternut squash and serve with a side of broccoli. Is it dinner time yet?

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/15/24 7:21 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Good morning. Home from Dad's, Brad's and a wedding. Very relaxing trip other than the driving. I'm up a few pounds. I've earned them all in the short term from trying every bite and sipping nice wine. But. I did not over do any thing. I enjoyed the options with a taste and moved on. The regular meals we were home for I cooked and paid attention to volume. I walked in the beautiful desert while the sun was setting and enjoyed perfect weather and amazing smells of spring. I could have done more, but I didn't and I'm ok with that.

Today, I skipped HITT as my favorite niece is in town and will be here any minute. She's posting up here to work for the day and I'll be in and out doing groceries, a work out and whatever and we'll be able to catch up in between when her work meetings take a break. Then my son is town for the day and we are meeting him at a Fortaleza Tequila event. I'll drive. Me and tequila is no bueno. Perfect excuse to keep my cals down, hug my kid and not be worried about driving home.

QoTD: Schools here get Cesar Chavez day. Other than that, I'm clueless.

Foods are completely TBD. Still freezer diving, but there isn't an item in the house that was grown in the ground and that will change with a trip to TJ's.

I keep missing photo Friday, so here's a photo of the ALMOST complete bathroom reveal. The mirror needs special hanging so that will happen soon.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/9/24 7:42 am

Good morning. Yesterday was full of little things to get done. Made it to my HIIT class, though I tried my damnedest to talk myself out of going late Sunday/very early Monday. But I made it, got home for coffee and ready for the day and had a half dozen errands to deal with. I was given a pair of eclipse glasses at the last book club, so every time I stopped to get out of my car, I took a moment to pull them on and watch the eclipse for a minute. I got to view it 4 times. Very cool. Still don't know how those glasses work and too lazy to google it. I know I was taught this information several times in my life, but my brain seems to be full and is dumping things not oft used.

Accountability was very good yesterday. Unlike Sunday when I had a bottomless pit day.

Today is road trip. Over to AZ to see my Dad for a couple days, transfer to one of our best buddies house for a few days more and going to a wedding Saturday evening. Home on Sunday. I hope to get out of the car at Dad's after 5-6 hours of driving and take a good walk to stretch things out and to get in my minutes.

QoTD: Yes, I eat a good amount of veggies. Lots of tomatoes, asparagus, cruciferous chopped up stuff, onions, spinach, etc. I don't eat a large volume of them, but I eat them usually a couple times a day. It's part of how I manage my body without being a Miralax kid. Plus I love them and I missed them so much when I was all protein, all the time.

Food today is unknown. I think Dad bought steaks and potatoes for dinner.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/8/24 1:14 pm

Just ask for them to be Naked, Chrissy. And they will give you the non breaded version.

Lisa91941
on 4/8/24 8:44 am

We concentrated on butt muscles today at class, so she said when our booties hurt on Wednesday to be sure to blame the trainer!

Lisa91941
on 4/5/24 7:48 am

Good morning. We've got a storm hanging out, so today will be mostly the six of us tucked in the rig. Some Yahtzee, some reading, some tv. And then the girls go home tonight. Just like that, spring break and our week together is over.

Yesterday was mostly successful but I eat too many carbs things when the grands are around. We did get in a bike ride and pedal boating (which I counted on my tracker as bike riding when it was my turn to pedal. That was hard work!)

QoTD: The first year I was perfect. The second year I was really damn good. Beginning of year four my hunger came back. But it's on a clock and as long as I manage my meal times and an afternoon snack I do really well. I don't have a lot of food noise or mind games around food. I keep our house stocked with good choices and on occasion make bad food choices and they are usually intentional . I do wish I had never gone back to drinking wine, and that's where I am putting my energies these days to try and step away from that bad habit.

A good week was had by all...

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/4/24 8:20 am

Love the meme. I spent years doing my part. Ha!

Lisa91941
on 4/4/24 8:19 am

Good morning. A mostly great day was had. Marred only by one bike wipe out with the ten year old and bad dinner choice of a deep fried chicken thigh. We made it around the lakes on our bikes and to the swimming pool and we had a roaring campfire last night. Everyone was in bed at 9. Camping (glamping) is tiring no matter what your age is.

Today the plan is a walk, feed the ducks, pizza place on the lake for lunch and transporting to gymnastics.

QOTD: yes to the wealth manager first. Then pay off mortgages for the family. Set up trust funds for the grands, followed by lots of travel and lots of philanthropic efforts.

meals today

b. Egg, bacon, crispy cheese

l. Not sure. Maybe pizza topping

d. Girls picked meatloaf and mashed potatoes and I'll have mostly salad with a bit of those things.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/4/24 8:07 am

Matt, I'm sorry you are in such a place. Depression does suck. You are doing good things looking for bright spots in your day and I hope each day gets a little easier. You are doing good work!

Lisa91941
on 4/4/24 8:02 am

Same with me in the hairdresser. I had to go back once for a fix and I fought it and was tying to live with my discomfort until one of the grands said " MP, what's wrong with your hair?"

Lisa91941
on 4/4/24 7:58 am

I'm confused by this. I did not view it as rude in any way.

Lisa91941
on 4/3/24 7:27 am

Good morning! Thanks for all the birthday love. I had a great day. It took us nearly two full hours to set up camp with all the fire pit/bikes/bike hut/chairs/patio carpet and assorted other things needed to entertain tweens for 5 days. But super worth it. Also drug the girls on a 2.5 mile walk and made great food choices. That was all winning. The extra glass and a half of wine was too much but felt needed in the moment of hanging out around the camp fire trying to remember all our favorite places the four of us have visited together.

Today we have biking, swimming, biking and six playground areas to do. Then it's off to softball with one and gymnastics with the other. They won't be done until 8 tonight and I am NOT waiting for dinner. I'll eat on time and have their dinner waiting for them. It's just safer for all of us that way.

QoTD: Yes, Facebook. Two groups one required by my doc. The other is full of terrible advice and misinformation and the doc's one is rarely used but when it is it is usually something like a post from the doc showing her fabulous dessert. I'm like what the actual f? That feels very mean.

foods today

b. Egg/bacon

l. Lunch meat and cheese

D. El Pollo Loco chicken

Peace Everyone

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/2/24 7:33 am

Good morning! We have the grands so time is racing by. Yesterday was over in a blur, but included HIIT class, grocery shopping, puff painting, cleaning, organizing, bringing the rig home, playing with the horses and dog paddocked by the rig, gymnastics and softball. I did not get to eat dinner until 8:08 pm. For those that know, nobody died and I did not have to get out the voodoo doll and pins. But I was famished at dinner which was definitively more carby than normal with the girls here and I struggled not to inhale it and to overeat.

Today is my birthday. Hello Social Security. I told Roger I want for nothing this year and so he had a shirt made that says exactly that. LOL. We've got to load up the rig, chase down every little thing the grands have spread about the house, get the bikes loaded and stop by the grocery store for bottled water before getting to the campsite and setting up "camp". The weather is beautiful and it's going to be a great day.

QoTD: The closest I got was when we were about 3 stations away from being done at HITT our trainer said we will probably skip the final station, and then she made us do it. I always start on the station I hate them most, so when I complete it on round two I feel like it's all down hill from there. The final station was an easy one, so I wasn't mad.

Bites

B: egg, cheese and asparagus omelets

L: the fam is having homemade flatbread pizzas. I'm probably just having a chunk of cheese and some proscuitto.

D: Pollo Asada tacos with zero carb tortillas and black beans. And wine. Toasting to myself.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 4/2/24 7:24 am

See, it's the leftover buttermilk (or whatever) that gets me every time! We had made cornbread with buttermilk and so I was thrilled when I found a recipe for scones that would use it up! It's like I'm forced to eat carbs because of the starving kids in China (no offense to anyone, that's just why my Mom made me clean my plate at every meal).

Lisa91941
on 4/2/24 7:20 am

I was seriously unhappy about Connections yesterday! And to add to my unhappiness, two of my squares were completely blan****pt refreshing it and no help. So I did not solve the puzzle yesterday. Then my husband showed me his and he had emojis in all the spaces! WTH? Arggghhhh! LOL.

Lisa91941
on 4/1/24 8:22 am

We share a birthday month! I'm a big fan of the birthday month and use it to my advantage every day of April.

Lisa91941
on 3/31/24 7:24 am
Topic: RE: Happy Sunday-funday! What's on the menu today?

Good morning and Happy Easter. Wow did we have rain yesterday. I kept an eye out the front window in case the Ark came by. We had to run out in it to get a couple things at the grocery store and I came back home completely drenched with squishy socks. But it was very fun. We also watched Poor Things. Very bizarre and you certainly don't want to watch it with your adult (or any age!) children!! And we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3. As predictable as expected, but it passed a few rainy hours in a mildly pleasing way.

Today I'm making lists for the RV load out Tuesday and just hanging out.

QoTD: I'm making only things I want to eat. I'll be strict with my choices all day so I can have food and wine with dinner and relax with the family. I will only put a little of each on my plate, knowing that if I need more, the kitchen is just 5 steps away and I can go back.

Meals today are

B: fried egg and leftover noodles, veggies and broth from last night. I ate all the shrimp, but the flavor is still there

L: lean cuisine

D: asparagus, goat cheese and honey flat bread as an app. Ham, scalloped potatoes and salad. Hot savory scone. Wine. No dessert.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 3/30/24 7:23 am
Topic: RE: What?s the plan for this last Saturday of March?

Morning. The storm is moving in quickly now. Cold, wet and windy all day. Except for the trip to the store I can stay in all day so let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. I transplanted some herbs yesterday and the ground can use a good soaking. I have a black thumb, but I keep trying to establish an herb garden. If at first you don't succeed and all that.

I did pretty good yesterday. All foods were on program and on track. I cheated a bit on exercise. I spent over two hours cleaning out cabinets, scrubbing them down as well as walls ceilings and glass. Climbing up and down on a chair and over to stand on the countertops to reach the ceiling. (Wow, food splash really far!) I decided to call that exercise for the day. All water and fake coffee. Small, accounted for piece of chocolate for dessert. Weight is up today. I hate that scale. She's mean.

QoTD: When my Mom was alive and active, we had the same menu every year for Thanksgiving. Now that my daughter and I are in charge, it's whatever the hell we feel like. Easter this year is a slab ham, homemade scalloped potatoes, flatbread with roasted goat cheese, asparagus and honey, bacon cheddar scones and a tossed salad.

I did a 20 minute yoga routine for stretching and core work as I rolled out of bed today. Now, I just need ten more dedicated minutes to reach my daily goal. I can jog in place or something to close that out.

Peace Everybody

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Lisa91941
on 3/29/24 8:37 am

oh wow! That is a very cool looking sea creature!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics