Tidgel’s Posts

Tidgel
on 1/20/22 7:26 am
Topic: RE: It Didn?t Go My Way Yesterday

Sorry to hear your meeting did not go well.

Tidgel
on 3/2/21 10:46 am
Topic: RE: Husband took me off his insurance!!!!!

I would be mad too! I don't think I could forgive such a thoughtless action. After all, there's more to health insurance than weight loss surgery!

Tidgel
on 1/12/21 1:38 pm
Topic: RE: 9 Months Out, Back at it

Wow! Congratulations! What an awesome update!

Tidgel
on 11/24/20 6:03 pm
Topic: RE: Pandemic Nightmare

I can relate to the naked dreams! I often dream that I am naked and waiting tables and all my customers are laughing at me. I haven't been a waitress since I was very young! No mask dreams yet...

Tidgel
on 11/19/20 6:12 am
Topic: RE: RNY Revision scheduled now have a cold?

I didn't have a cold prior to my surgery but I have heard others mention that they did and the surgery went on as scheduled. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Tidgel
on 11/19/20 6:09 am
Topic: RE: Pandemic fatigue

I can totally relate! I am so tired of all of this pandemic talk and arguments and threats of more lockdowns. It's hard not to be depressed and to not emotionally eat. You have our support here!

Tidgel
on 11/13/20 6:04 am
Topic: RE: Bariatric Pal Vitamins

I have never heard of Bariatric Pal vitamins so I haven't tried them. I have tried Bariatric Advantage and just ordered Patch MD to try.

Tidgel
on 11/13/20 5:47 am
Topic: RE: Checking In

Glad to see your post. Very encouraging and appreciate your support. Congratulations on your weight loss success!

Tidgel
on 9/21/20 1:26 pm
Topic: RE: Plant Based Diet after RNY?

I have been thinking of doing the same. I just bought Vega Protein & Greens Powder and shakes and am going to try them starting tomorrow! I will be following this post!

Tidgel
on 9/14/20 9:11 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Thank you for sharing. I have had similar dreams and life cir****tances that followed. It helps to know I am not alone. I believe in the afterlife as I have had near death experiences and have spent time there I believe. I am sure your mom and dad are walking on the beaches together now.

Tidgel
on 9/10/20 10:15 am
Topic: RE: Today

I hope your day today was much better!

Tidgel
on 9/10/20 10:13 am
Topic: RE: Insight

Thanks for posting this...something I needed to hear for several reasons!

Tidgel
on 8/11/20 10:37 am
Topic: RE: I think I might have an ulcer?

I am sorry to hear this. I hope you are feeling much better. I have heard that long-term use of Prevacid is not good. I have been on that medication before but just briefly.

Tidgel
on 7/30/20 7:22 am

I had to look up the word motility. I have not heard of that before. I am slightly anemic according to my doctor. I have a habit of self-diagnosing myself so it may not be an ulcer at all. The internet searches can sometimes not be my friend! LOL.

Sounds like it has been a tough road for you in getting answers. I will not be surprised if it is the same with me. It took the doctors over a year to find out that I had kidney stones years ago. This is not the same pain or location as that. I will keep pushing for answers!

Tidgel
on 7/29/20 10:40 am

I have never had an ulcer before but I am starting to think I might now. I am a little over one year post-op (RNY). I am experiencing pain in my stomach area and I am nauseous often and very tired all the time. I know my symptoms can mimic other issues but an ulcer is the first thing that comes to mind. Have any of you had an ulcer after gastric bypass? If so, what has been the treatment? I have an appointment to see my doctor August 10th so I will be following up.

Tidgel
on 6/23/20 1:10 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

I hope you are feeling better very soon!

Tidgel
on 6/15/20 6:04 am
Topic: RE: Severe Heartburn after my RNY

I hope you get some relief from your symptoms soon and that your appointment in July gives you some answers. Wishing the best for you too!

Tidgel
on 6/11/20 6:10 am

Thank you Dee for your time! I will be making an appointment with my doctor for sure. It has become a disruption and an issue I cannot ignore.

Tidgel
on 6/11/20 5:56 am

Thanks for sharing such good information! I have never heard of Rx Dexilant. I will ask my doctor about it. I do have food allergies and as I get older I seemed to have developed even more. It never entered my mind about a possible hernia causing heartburn but I have been experiencing pain on my right side near my gallbladder. It is not constant but persistent. I appreciate your time in responding.

Tidgel
on 6/11/20 5:49 am

Thank you for your insights. I was put on panteprazole once before but I didn't seem to tolerate it well. However, I have been experiencing other medical issues so maybe I misread my interactions with the medication. I will definitely go see my doctor. Right now, he is still only doing TeleHealth visits.

Tidgel
on 6/10/20 7:55 am

Since I had my RNY weight loss surgery, I have experienced severe heartburn off and on. I didn't have this before my surgery. I have to carry a bottle of water with me where ever I go because at least drinking water helps a little.(Almost like pushing an air pocket down) Do any of you have the same issue since surgery? If so, what works best for you? It really scares me because at times when the heartburn happens I cannot breathe very well and I have asthma.

Tidgel
on 6/8/20 9:20 am
Topic: RE: What has been your favorite non-scale victory?

I am very sorry to learn that you have been experiencing medical issues and hope you are doing OK. Great NSV moments for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Tidgel
on 6/4/20 9:04 am
Topic: RE: What has been your favorite non-scale victory?

I have been reflecting on my WLS journey and remembering a few non-scale victories. Of course, one of the best ones has been the fact that I no longer need certain medications! But clothes...being able to fit into "regular" sizes and to have selections that I did not have before my surgery has been priceless. I am still camera shy and don't like to be in pictures but I feel so much better and hopefully my self-esteem will improve.

Tidgel
on 5/28/20 11:11 am
Topic: RE: Do you have any meal prep tricks?

Oh, I need the tips and tricks too!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views