Dee_Caprini’s Posts

Dee_Caprini
on 7/10/20 10:36 am
Topic: RE: 12 Year Surgiversury

Congratulations! I'm about the same as you! Happy 12 years!

Dee_Caprini
on 7/8/20 10:44 am, edited 7/8/20 3:44 am
Topic: RE: Upper GI test

Yep! Mild chalky taste with the barium and having to take huge gulps (at least for me) was my least favorite. But, it was neat to see everything on the screen. Also had one AFTER my procedure to make sire there weren't any leaks

Dee_Caprini
on 7/1/20 10:31 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

The unfortunate mood has allowed me to lose some of the regain so I guess that is a positive side to all of this. A lot of this quarantine has caused me to lose focus on my self care. Your photo reminded me that I need to shower... lol I mean, I showered on Monday morning, but it's been really easy to forget since our routine has changed drastically.

Breakfast: Protein Shake
Snack: Bacon's Heir Pork Snacks
Lunch: Protein Shake
Dinner: Chicken Salad with Cucumbers, avocado, onions, and cheese with italian dressing

It has been non stop fireworks here for the last month... and we are talking HUGE mortars... and on top of everything, it has been super windy and people are still setting off their huge displays. Makes me really angry because they are setting off in the middle of the day (why?!?) as well as into the wee hours of the morning. I guess a lot of people just don't have a courtesy for others, especially if their house burns down because of the chaotic wind carrying the firework embers.

Dee_Caprini
on 6/29/20 4:43 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Thank you very much, I appreciate the good thoughts =)

Dee_Caprini
on 6/29/20 10:15 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

I received some bad news yesterday and I just don't feel like eating. I forced myself to drink a protein shake this morning and now I feel "blah"... I am really trying to keep it together and trying to explain everything to my kids is hard. I am trying to be as engaged as possible.

so, I am going to keep at the shakes until I feel like eating

I don't know how I would feel about having to do my first year of college at home... I find it difficult to focus!

Dee_Caprini
on 6/26/20 3:47 pm, edited 6/26/20 8:52 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu?

Your photos today are perfect!

I have to do my absolutely best to remain positive even if I really want to put myself down! STILL FABULOUS!!!

QOTD- I am a big question mark on that one! I have always been so fascinated with space I think my answer would be yes. But just for a little bit. If there were guarantees that things would go smoothly, I think the experience would be awe-inspiring.

Breakfast: Protein Shake and Turkey Jerky
Snack: Parmesan Crisps
Lunch: 2 pieces of tortilla Pizza- (1/3 of an 8" tortilla), tomato sauce and Cheese with Italian/Pizza seasoning.
Snack: 1/4 apple and peanut butter
Dinner... Unknown!!!

Dee_Caprini
on 6/26/20 3:38 pm

I wish we could get another cat, but ours has medical issues and with any sort of stress can cause issues for her health. so we are a one cat household.

So happy your babies are "getting along".

Dee_Caprini
on 6/26/20 3:36 pm

Beautiful Family & Photos! Looks like you all had a great time!

Dee_Caprini
on 6/26/20 3:34 pm

Wow... I had no clue GNC filed! I am sorry your store is closing. I hope for bigger and better things for you!

Dee_Caprini
on 6/26/20 3:21 pm
Topic: RE: Tips for recovery

For your hospital stay, bring a small extension cord for your phone so it can sit at your bedside or table that's able to reach at a comfortable distance. Chapstick because it gets cold and lips (at least for me) needed to be protected.

Dee_Caprini
on 6/23/20 3:23 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Today has been a total carb day so it is what it is and I might as well fess up to it because I know I am being lazy

Breakfast- 1/2 Eggo Waffle and 1 serving of Turkey Jerky
Snack: Bacon's Heir Black Malabar pepper Pork Rinds/clouds
Lunch: 5 Dino Nuggets, 1/3 of a cheese quesadilla, and a chocolate chip protein pancake about the size of my palm and about 6-7 baby carrots
Snack: Greek Yogurt (Light & Fit) Black Cherry
Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken from Costco and veggies

I have had a bout 12 cups of water though (so far)... at least that is what I am looking at for something positive

QOTD: Cheese-its or popcorn

Dee_Caprini
on 6/17/20 10:47 am
Topic: RE: OT- Top five favorite tv shows AND...
  1. Law & Order: SVU
  2. Cold Justice
  3. Songland
  4. TIE: Beat Bobby Flay/Masterchef/Hell's Kitchen
  5. So You Think You Can Dance

Guilty Pleasure: Say Yes to The Dress

Great question! We watch a lot of cooking shows so it was hard to choose what is currently on!!

Dee_Caprini
on 6/16/20 11:43 am
Topic: RE: I think I am not a normal "revision to RNY" person!

You are re-learning everything! Give yourself some credit! Take your time and learn what works for you and your new surgery

Dee_Caprini
on 6/16/20 11:32 am
Topic: RE: Gall bladder

What do your attacks feel like?

Dee_Caprini
on 6/12/20 12:42 pm
Topic: RE: I think I am not a normal "revision to RNY" person!

in the beginning, I literally would set a timer on my phone or kitchen timer or would start a 30 min show if I was done with my food and know that I couldn't drin****il it was over

Now's it's just second nature.

Dee_Caprini
on 6/10/20 3:59 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Happiest of Birthdays, Grim!

QOTD: I have no idea, had to be anything barbie or my Popple, or when I turned 16, my mom got me a digital planner that I could carry around with me... notes I would keep my work schedule, homework etc... it was from the company that makes the spiffy calculators... I think Texas Instruments? But, most sentimental has recently been things my kids have made me

B: Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and a string cheese
S: Quest Bar- Chocolate Brownie
L: Cauliflower crust pizza, with cheese and a few pepperoni's
S: unknown
D: Spinach & Cheese ravioli's

Dee_Caprini
on 6/10/20 3:42 pm
Topic: RE: Severe Heartburn after my RNY

I really hope you can make an appointment with your doctor about this. As a prior member commented above, it has a possibility of getting worse and causing damage. I had a friend of mine who needed a revision because she was diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus. HALA was really helpful in passing along great information to my friend for some comfort.

It's one thing to have it every now and then, another for it to disrupt your daily comings/goings. I sometimes get it if I don't drink enough water when taking my meds before bed. Hoping you find an answer soon or get some relief!

Dee_Caprini
on 6/10/20 10:31 am
Topic: RE: Gall bladder

I am in the same boat as you are. I am 12 years post op and was informed in March that I have gallstones. No plan of action yet... not sure what the plan of action is yet since I don't feel like it's negatively affecting my daily activities... I had no idea! I have had a few friends who have had it removed at the same time as well as after their initial (bariatric) surgery.

Mine was perfectly healthy at the time of my surgery so it was decided to keep it. I pretty much keep to a low fat diet, as well as keeping away from all fried foods... though I have been known to steal french fries on occassion.

Wishin' you the best

Dee_Caprini
on 6/9/20 10:53 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday, Grim!

I feel like i cam constantly sharing my food since my kids always think "my food" tastes so much better, even though its the same thing that's on their plates...

Breakfast: Light & Fit Greek Yogurt
Snack: Skinny Pop Popcorn with Turkey Jerky
Lunch: Chicken Salad on cucumbers
Snack: Avocado, Cucumber and some oil/vinegar dressing
Dinner: Leftover Chicken thighs with mixed veggies and a salad

QOTD: Anything i try and bake sweets... I don't know what it is, but always comes out over or under baked. I stick to cooking

Dee_Caprini
on 6/8/20 10:49 am
Topic: RE: Whats on your Monday Menu?

That photo accurately depicts how I feel about my scale!

QOTD; The Renaissance! Love dressing up during the Ren Faire in previous years... han't been in the past 10 years and would love to go back.

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt and a Eggo Waffle
Snack: Protein Bar (AM) and Jerky Stick (PM)
Lunch: Ham and Cheese Roll up in a Egg Crepini wrap
Dinner: Grilled chicken Thighs, Broccoli/Carrots and Cauliflower rice.

Dee_Caprini
on 6/4/20 10:59 am, edited 6/5/20 4:38 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

I have not tried on any of my swimsuits... We will be going to my parents house this weekend to use their pool while they are away so hopefully, SOMETHING fits for me to use!

QOTD: I am part of a Facebook group that promotes random acts of kindness. I had a rough time last week and opened my door on Friday to a wonderful gift from someone I don't know. It had a wax warmer, a note pad, pens, a fan, a few goodies (like snacks, a few sweets that I gave to my kids/hubby) a mug, coffee and a cutelawn fairy... It was really nice to have something so random lift my spirits. It was really nice to help my girls understand that random acts of kindness are really needed in times like these.

Breakfast: Protein Shake with Non-Fat Fair Life Milk
Lunch: Leftover Vegan sushi (Avocado rolls with Soy paper)
Dinner: My husband does not want to cook tonight and wants to order from Buffalo Wild Wings... si I will be getting Naked Tenders and a salad)
Snack: a bag of Skinny Pop and some Turkey Jerky and probably a sugar-free protein pudding that I made earlier this week

Dee_Caprini
on 5/29/20 10:28 am, edited 5/29/20 3:33 am

Good morning everyone!

I want all of that BACON!!! We just ran out and I am super sad about that. My husband went to Costco and all they had was the ready-made bacon and we usually get the low-sodium bacon. I hope they get it back in stock soon!

Breakfast: Oikos Zero Yogurt and some Malt-o-Meal
Lunch: Meatballs with Veggies in tomato sauce
Dinner: Chicken Thighs, Veggies and smashed potatoes
Snack: Protein Shake

QOTD: When I was younger, I couldn't sleep with my ear touching the pillow because I could "Hear" things moving (I thought it was bugs but it was my pillow settling) and they would crawl into my ears through the pillow. So, I would sleep with my hand over my ear. so, to this day, I still have to sleep with my hand under my chin. I also used to run and jump on to my bed...

Also, my younger siblings would have a red lightbulb in their room along with the white one (IDK Why) and the white bulb would go out all the time leaving the room glowing in red... I hated it and get freaked out.

I also hate balloons that are low on helium because they float like a ghost and follow you

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/28/20 3:26 pm
Topic: RE: Do you have any meal prep tricks?

I am working with helping my husband understand how to meal prep. What helps us is having the meal plan in one place and write out every meal and put it visible/accessible. Thankfully, his meal plan is listed really easily so everything we need to buy is on one shopping list, and I take Sunday to prep everything.

Honestly, I hate doing it but I know he won't do it unless I assist because he's the type of person to chop one leaf of romaine at a time rather than a bunch. What takes me a few seconds can take him several minutes and that adds up. We put everything in baggies or Tupperware on Sunday and place them in the fridge with labels. If it's a protein that needs to be cooked later in the week, we will baggie it up and let it marinade rather than cook on Sunday to heat up later. Keeps me on track with spending as well knowing that everything is pre-portioned and I know he won't be going back for seconds because well, he can't!

You can very well cook something in the crockpot/instantpot and freeze the leftover for a later date if you don't want to enjoy it tomorrow etc

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404