Dee_Caprini’s Posts

Dee_Caprini
on 4/21/20 3:09 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Trying to decide about what to plan for each day is starting to frustrate me. Part of me just wants to say F it and eat whatever but the discipline side of me is saying to keep my butt in check.

I know that planning is what's best for me but sometimes not having everything available in the house things get limited.

For breakfast I had a quest peanut butter protein shake mixed with 8 oz of water

For lunch I had left over spaghetti sauce with cheese tortelini's since I have no more edamame pasta left

Trying to keep dinner simple and will probably have ham roll up with folio cheese wrap

QOTD: Hoping for normalcy soon

Dee_Caprini
on 4/20/20 3:29 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs and 1/8 c shredded cheese

Snack: Veggie Chips with hummus

Lunch: 1/2 C Shredded Chicken with 1 TBS Mayo, 1/2 Cucumber- slices, 1 slice of Tillamook Cheddar Cheese

Snack: Protein Shake

Dinner: Homemade tomato & meat sauce with Edamame Noodles

We have a few throw pillows for our living room couch, but they are put away right now because we have 2 little ones who feel the same way Grim does and turn them into makeshift missiles... Maybe one day... I like them for propping me up when I sit on my hip with my feet under me or for my back.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/20/20 3:18 pm
Topic: RE: I wanted to say a big thank you to this Forum and let all the newbies know that YOU GOT THIS!!!

Awesome! Congratulations on being 10 years post-op! AND BEING AT YOUR GOAL! I agree that this place/website has helped a lot, though I have been more of a lurker and just "joined" this year...

Happy to be part of a group of supporters!

Dee_Caprini
on 4/16/20 3:47 pm, edited 4/16/20 8:47 am
Topic: RE: 4 months post op: Am I eating too little? How to maintain my metabolism going?

You are absolutely correct in that "comparison is the thief of joy" mentality. Stalls will happen, hopefully, this time provides you with how to focus on another aspect of your life that may be on the decline? Mental health, learning a new exercise regimen/discipline? I learned that as long as I stuck to the guidelines given to me by my surgeon, I was on the right path. There will never be "a right answer", unfortunately. You will strive to find a combination that works for you.

I also always thought I was never eating enough (so was the rest of the non-bariatric human world inhabitants... but my therapist helped me understand that it has become normal to fill the plate/bowl with more than one serving when in fact, the bariatric patient typically is only eating one serving.

Keep exercising, though it may not help with weight loss, it is a great stress reducer and can help build muscle (not saying you will become a bodybuilder... and no judgment if that is a goal of yours) but I like seeing a little definition in my arms or stomach, even under the flabby skin.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/16/20 3:26 pm, edited 4/16/20 8:27 am
Topic: RE: One step closer to surgery

Congrats on your journey so far! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you (Praying for August)! No matter how long the time is between your nutritionist appointment and seeing the surgeon/scheduling surgery, focus on the nutrition to set you up for success in the long run. work on healthy habits because everything you do now will make it easier for your surgeon during surgery.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/14/20 3:26 pm, edited 4/14/20 8:26 am
Topic: RE: PostOp-Easter-Quarantine

The emotions are absolutely high, and the fact that you are just out of surgery doesn't help either. Please know that we are here for you to vent! my emotions were magnified x10, or so I felt and looking back now, I see that it was all normal to go through what I was going through. Granted, I did not have a Quarantine in place... but I still stayed indoors for a while before going out to do things so I guess it was by choice.

I hope your program has a designated mental health pro, or provide you with the ability to speak to someone who understands what you are going through?

We've been zoom-ing our family chats and it's helped my mental state greatly.

Sending Hugs your way!

Dee_Caprini
on 4/14/20 10:50 am

Good morning everyone!

Breakfast: Protein Pancake + 1 egg

Snack: Turkey Jerky and string cheese

Lunch: homemade chicken soup with veggies

Snack: Ham and cheese rollup

Dinner: Edamame Pasta with meat sauce

I am happy that my husband and I still have jobs. He works in a bank in their IT team and it's his sole responsibility to make sure that all the remote staff has laptops and the programs they need for them to work from home. Kinda sad, but he has job security. Thankfully, I am able to work from home.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/13/20 10:25 am, edited 4/13/20 3:27 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

It has been windy but overall nice here in my part of Southern California.

Breakfast consisted of 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of Shredded Cheese

Snack: 1 serving of Cheddar Cheese

Lunch: 2 slices of Ham, 2 slices of Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, 1/2 cup cucumbers, 1 TBS Mayo, 2 leaves of Romaine Lettuce

Snack: Protein Shake from Quest (Peanut Butter)

Dinner: Smoked Chicken, potatoes and Veggies

QOTD:

1) Follow the guidelines from your surgeon/nutritionist. Not anyone else's. What is right for one program, may not be right for you

2) Find a mental health pro who specializes in or has experience with bariatric patients or eating disorders.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/10/20 10:33 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Good morning!

I have been stressed over the last week because I want to take my dog in to get looked at because she's had a skin issue and constantly licks but no vet is open for me to take her in. Now that we've been home, I am seeing everything that needs to be done and it gives me anxiety.

Having a plan (for the most part) helps but I still find myself going to the fridge out of boredom.

Breakfast: 2 Eggs with 1/4 cup shredded cheese

Lunch: Folio Wrap with 2 slices Ham, 1/2 cup Cucumber, 1 TBS mayo, 1 slice of Medium Cheddar cheese

Dinner: Edamame spaghetti noodles with meat sauce (Tomato sauce, Ground Turkey, Onions, Garlic, spices)

Snacks: String Cheese, Protein Shake and 2 Thin Mints

QOTD: I miss some clothes, but, I have found some alternative outfits that fit the bill.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/10/20 10:18 am

So adorable! I love their eyes!

I am trying to cut back on social media as well, but it's difficult. I need to be more disciplined. I find I browse before bed and lose track of time altogether!

Dee_Caprini
on 4/9/20 10:43 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Breakfast was Malt-o-Meal again...

Snack is a kids-size bowl of berries and a protein shake

Lunch will be a Folio Wrap with Ham, cheese and cucumbers

Dinner will be chicken, asparagus and some potatoes.

QOTD: I haven't had to go out at all but if I needed to, my husband's work provided him with masks but we have to find some additional alternatives because my hubs keeps breaking the elastic straps off of his masks... need to find a better one that fits his big head

Dee_Caprini
on 4/8/20 10:37 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

I had Malt-o-Meal for breakfast,

Will have a turkey and cheese roll-ups for lunch with some fruit

Dinner is still undecided (Hubs wants to make something)

QOTD: I would do house 5

Dee_Caprini
on 4/7/20 3:36 pm

BreakfastL: I had 2 eggs with a little bit of shredded cheese

Lunch: 1 Folio Wrap with 3 slices of Ham, 1 slice of Tillamook medium cheddar cheese with 1/2 avocado and a TBS of cilantro lime dressing

Dinner, we are smoking a turkey with various veggies (asparagus carrots, potatoes, celery with onion, garlic and various spices)

Snacks: Splurging with a serving of cheese-its (I really need to figure out how to make my own) and a Cottage Cheese (Not together)

QOTD: Busy Chicken

Dee_Caprini
on 4/3/20 10:42 am, edited 4/3/20 3:43 am

Yesterday was def the stress diet, for sure! Great photos, the glasses are adorable!! Hoping today will be better!

Dee_Caprini
on 4/2/20 3:28 pm
Topic: RE: New member/19yrs post RNY

Hoping you find what you're looking for! I am 12 years out of surgery and had regained, post-bariatric pregnancy, lost regain, gained it back and am about 10 pounds from my goal again. any forum is going to have someone help with questions, I've found!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/30/20 10:22 am
Topic: RE: I?m new to all this!

Welcome! We are here to support you any way we can!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/25/20 3:34 pm
Topic: RE: What?s everyone reading, watching, listening to?

Paul Holes Retired Detective) and Billy Jensen (Investigative Journalist) both worked on the GSK case... YES! They take cold cases and break them down asking anyone for help to solve them or find additional victims of a perp. Really interesting way of providing information, showing how solving crimes can be on a broader spectrum and not just in the "police force".

I really love the way Paul Holes breaks things down from a detective standpoint, why they do certain things, etc. I am a few episodes into Small Town Dicks and it's run by 2 ladies (one of which is the voice of Lisa Simpson) and they bring in 2 detectives who happen to be twin brothers who have worked on various cases with each other. Theirs is a little more serious but again, I like learning "why" behind both perpetrator and detective/police investigations and trying to learn something from every single case.

Dee_Caprini
on 3/23/20 3:25 pm
Topic: RE: 10 days out check in

Glad you are feeling better. Thank you for posting! Always nice when a Dr. reassures you that you aren't doing anything wrong and it's (technically) nature resetting itself.

Dee_Caprini
on 3/23/20 3:19 pm

My Favorite Murder, Small Town Dicks (not sure if OH will let the word populate, so it's the slang for detectives), Jensen and Holes (The Murder Squad) and a good friend of mine, Eileen has her own Podcast called True Crime Girls. I need a little humor in such dark topics, so it breaks things up a bit but teaches me about ways to stay safe and informed, etc.

Dee_Caprini
on 3/23/20 10:24 am

I am catching up on great episodes of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (lol) or anything on PBS Kids... I have 2 small kiddos and even I learn from the little life lessons within each episode. I have learned a great deal of patience during this time and have been very thankful that my kids are being entertained.

When the kids are napping, I usually am watching some crime shows that aren't appropriate for kids. A lot of those on Netflix or listening to my crime podcasts

We usually have mindless entertainment when we are making dinner (Masked Singer, Singing competition shows, Cooking shows, Ink Master).

Trying to keep busy!!! Laundry next!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/18/20 3:24 pm

For Lunch, I had a Cheese Folio Pizza made with homemade tomato sauce and cheese and caved in a had 3 dino nuggets that were leftover from my daughters' plates.

Sugars: 5.5g
Carbs: 17g
Protein: 25g
Fat: 28g
Calories: 422

Dee_Caprini
on 3/18/20 10:35 am
Topic: RE: New here

I had my "real" talk with myself and knew that sweets and overeating were my gigantic issues, so I needed to nip those in the bud... so Bypass was the best decision I could have made and no longer have any comorbidities.

Keep with the bariatric diet that is given to you by your surgeon and you will find success! I have been at goal/maintenance phase for the most part (had a daughter 3 years ago and had some regain... understandable).

Best of luck to you! We can't wait to cheer you on!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/18/20 10:25 am

For breakfast, I had a Good Culture Cup of Cottage Cheese with a Caramel Flex Flavor from Devotion Nutrition with a String Cheese

Totals:

26g Protein
230 Calories
5g Carbs
12g Fat
3g Sugar

I haven't thought of lunch yet... but I have tons of protein options available!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/17/20 9:29 am
Topic: RE: Goal Reached

... and they won't. It will be up to you to educate them or some may (hopefully) read up on some material themselves. You will learn to be respectfully firm with your responses and if you need to distance yourself from toxic people (family included), feel free to do so.

Dee_Caprini
on 3/16/20 10:43 am
Topic: RE: Goal Reached

That may be a question for your surgeon. I was always under the impression that the surgery is RnY (or whatever you revise to)... it will not matter what you had prior. You are now a RNY Patient. Meaning... there will be foods that you will not be able to consume any longer/when you had the sleeve. So in that respect, the head game WILLLLLL BE STRONG because it's what you were used to. So, please start (if you haven't already) seeing a mental health pro who has an understanding of food disorders/bariatric patients. If one is not local to you to see in person, I know several that will do online sessions to accommodate. I am also basing this answer off of other revision friends that I have (Both band-Bypass and VSG-Bypass). The best thing also to remember is that there is no journey that is exactly the same... try your best not to compare your journey to others.

Always go off of the documentation your surgeon/nutritionist provides you with. Not every food will agree with you (initially, I could not eat eggs but now, totally fine) and keep track/log everything along with measuring to allow your doctors to know if you may need to adjust consumption.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics