Dee_Caprini’s Posts

Dee_Caprini
on 1/17/20 10:31 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Date!

Congratulations! Isn't it an amazing feeling!?

Do everything you have been instructed to do... everything you do now will help you in recovery. I was on a similar pre-surgical diet bur because insurance was taking their sweet time, they took 5 months to approve things and actually GIVE me clearance. I was on mine for 5 months... lost 50 pounds even before the surgeon made his first incision.

If you start to feel frustrated, take a step in any direction and MOVE... learn healthy ways of coping with frustration without food because, I tell ya, you will head to that fridge out of habit. Put a sign up (big and bright) either on the outside and/or inside that states clearly, what your goals are and you do not need food to attain those goals

Communicate with your loved ones what your goals are and you would love their support in the process. Let them know your boundaries are and that you will be going through a roller coaster of emotions and to not take things personally. You will essentially be detoxing and a little on the edge". If you don't experience any of the frustrations, at least they are prepared

Dee_Caprini
on 1/17/20 10:21 am
Topic: RE: 12 years out. NSAIDs still forbidden?

All in all, check with your surgeon or bariatric medical professional because he/she knows if you should/shouldn't partake since they know your medical history.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/16/20 10:35 am

Here you go!

https://www.obesityhelp.com/index.php?s=NSAIDS

I know when I had a question about an article I read way back in the day and commented on the article with my question, OH went to the pro and asked, and they responded as well!

Dee_Caprini
on 1/15/20 7:17 pm

As Squints from 'The Sandlot' would say, "For-evvvvv-vvveeerrr"

We as Rny patients dont have the ability to breakdown NSAIDS thus, would result in potentially causing ulcers. There are a few articles that are really informative on here by a few surgeons. I can look for them

'

Dee_Caprini
on 1/15/20 6:31 pm
Topic: RE: Centrum

I agree with Grim with the recommendations needed to not be daily deficient.

I was informed by my surgeon that with bypass, understandably, there is a lot less stomach acids that are needed to breakdown a traditional "non bariatric" vitamin... and it's a running joke that the average adult ends up dispensing said hard capsule vitamin and generously offering it to the porcelain gods... so, It's going to be even more difficult for us with our new-found anatomy to break down so its up to us to give ourselves as much help as possible.

I will absolutely add that if you are getting regular labwork and your numbers are good with the Centrum amd food intake, keep on keepin' on ;) because the last thing you want is to be in a state of deficiency.

I do know some vitamin orgs will send out samples if contacted =)

Dee_Caprini
on 1/14/20 2:15 pm
Topic: RE: Labs

I gotcha. Totally understandable. I will see what my surgeon looks for comparison to the above

Dee_Caprini
on 1/14/20 2:11 pm
Topic: RE: Hormone dumping/ mood swings?

Seeing a mental health pro is the best thing I did for myself. The roller coaster of emotions experienced was mind-boggling. Me, personally, I wanted to try and talk about what was going through my mind vs trying to take meds. Attending support groups as well really helped talk about what was going on and finding out that I wasn't the only one was really comforting.

And you know what? sometimes it was the outside world messing with me and I was legitimate in how I responded to it.

Sending you a big hug.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/14/20 1:52 pm
Topic: RE: Labs

Do you still go for annual checkups to your Bariatric Surgeon? I know all programs are different (as well as insurance companies) but just curious if you can request the list from your surgeon to be sent to your PCP? Because I would be in the saaaaame boat as you with being a little scared because I am being petrified of finding out I have a deficiency. Agreed it should be more than 4 vials. I am usually "the winner of the day" when I go get mine done at Quest with upwards of 12-15.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/13/20 3:14 pm
Topic: RE: Treating b12 deficiency. I may have REALLY messed up.

Hoping you get the answers you are looking for, above. Everyone has some really great information to provide.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/9/20 3:23 pm
Topic: RE: Almost one year post-op-Foods I cannot eat now!

Hello! congrats on your weight loss thus far! There were several foods that I was not able to 'keep down' so I just stayed away fro quite some time. there were certain times that I could stomach a small bite and then my pouch had enough. I have really come to understand my "grouchy pouch" (as my 4 year old calls it... when it growls) and typically I try and stay away from any grains, even 12 years out. One thing that i could not stand right away is eggs and red meat (though I could tolerate ground beef just fine). I stepped back and tried again after a couple of years and eggs are perfectly fine for me now and red meat, as long as it's cut small and I chew, chew (and chew some more), I am typically fine. Fats still give me some issues and I only partake in the occasional sweet here and there.

I have found that cooking with protein powders is a lot of fun too and that helps me get my protein intake up. White cheeses are easy on my stomach as well. I have also used cauliflower rice as a great alternative if I am making a skillet meal or even shredded zucchini or edamame noodles cut up small.

I guess we all have picky pouches and some just have an aversion more than others!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics