K.Artemis’s Posts

K.Artemis
on 2/13/21 7:48 pm
Topic: RE: Scheduled surgery - advice/help?

Thank you!! Great pillow idea! The program I'm in has me doing therapy but I also have been doing it every other week but I appreciate that tip! I am a bit worried about the emotional load but having the support I have lately is making me feel a bit better.

I appreciate so much everyone's replies and help! Since this post I have flipped out in anxiety and come back down to feel okay. I know the first week maybe month will be hard but it'll be worth it.

This support and help has been amazing!!

K.Artemis
on 2/9/21 11:33 am

Wow thank you so much!! I appreciate the amazing reply :-) I'm lucky enough to have my husband who agreed to help me make sure I drink plenty. Sadly I'm already use to taking daily meds (many are vitamins) so those should come naturally.

I super appreciate your reply and help! I am having the laparoscopic thankfully.

K.Artemis
on 2/9/21 8:12 am

Hi everyone :-) I'm brand new to the site, while I've been lurking and reading for a few days however and loved the environment so I figured I would join. I have my bypass scheduled for the 22nd and like many I'm nervous and have the "should I be doing this" thoughts.

I do want to ask a few questions if anyone has time to help answer however.

After surgery and you are home recovering they recommend walking it seems a lot. Would I be able to alternate walking and using a stationary bike? I have severely bad knees so walking is sometimes painful (after losing weight it'll be easier but for the first stages I'm curious) so I wanted to see if I could switch it up between the two.

Im a side sleeper, is this going to be a nightmare for me to get any sleep during recovery?

Is there anything you wish you knew before having surgery about the first few days of recovery? I get nervous when I read people mention things I've never heard of before so I'm curious if there's a random thing that stands out. (Example I had no idea what a drain was when reading peoples feedback about recovery...)

Thank you to anyone and everyone to responds :-) I'm having a harder time staying mentally positive about having surgery now that it's right around the corner.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 339 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?