mirandamacie’s Posts

mirandamacie
on 2/21/21 7:29 pm
Topic: RE: Worried

WBC count did go down to 13.0 though, still high but I'm expecting a call from the doctor tomorrow to get their perspective.

mirandamacie
on 2/21/21 7:28 pm

Wow, I actually haven't and I know for a fact I have a couple cavities. Is it dangerous to get surgery with cavities?

mirandamacie
on 2/19/21 11:47 pm
Topic: RE: White blood cells pre-op

My WBC count a couple weeks ago was pretty high, around 16.2. The doctor had me get more blood work today before I could get cleared for surgery, it is still on the high end but it went down to 13.0 (the normal is up to 11, I believe). This could just mean I'm recovering from an infection or a bug. I'm gonna be on pins and needles all weekend trying to find my next steps so close to my surgery day and the doctor is closed all weekend, I'm hoping they just test me for active infections and proceed with it. The doctor did say "we need to make sure it's going down," and it is going down so I hold hope. Overall, I feel completely fine, I don't feel like I have an active infection. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, if I don't get cleared this will be the second time my surgery would be cancelled on me just days in advance.

mirandamacie
on 2/19/21 11:41 pm
Topic: RE: Having Surgery Tuesday and Having Major Anxiety

Tuesday is hopefully gonna be my surgery day too, I think we'll be just fine!

mirandamacie
on 2/18/21 5:21 pm

I just got done with my medical clearance appointment and surgery is 5 days away. They want me to redo my blood work because my WBC count was high. I'm worried because it was also high at my last blood work way back in June. I guess I'm worried it's not gonna go down for the blood work I'm getting tomorrow and my surgery will have to be canceled for a second time. I have no idea why it would be high to begin with, I don't have any signs of infection. It was at 16.2 and the normal range is up to 10.8. Does anyone have any similar experiences or does someone have anything to say that can ease my mind?

mirandamacie
on 2/17/21 12:57 am, edited 2/18/21 5:40 pm
Topic: RE: My Fears

Hi everybody. I'm new to this community and my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. I thought I'd use this post to share some of my fears I have. I'm not so much scared of surgery itself, but I'm scared of the life that comes after it.

First, let me tell you about myself. My name is Miranda, I'm 20 years old. I started my surgery process last March, I originally had a date set for December but it was cancelled the day before due to covid! Yup, two liver reduction diets for me, lucky me! I was devastated my surgery was cancelled. I'm getting surgery for a few reasons. I know it's not healthy to be this overweight at the age of 20. I am already suffering some complications due to my weight and I just wanna live my life to the fullest. One main thing is, I've always wanted to have kids and I know with the weight I'm at now it's very hard to naturally conceive them. My weight has always only gone up, so if I continue down this lifestyle path I'll be even worse by the time I'm ready to have kids.

Now, onto the point of this post, my fears.

I've never in my life been skinny and it sounds terrifying. I'm so used to my current body.

I'm afraid of the attention I'm gonna get in public, I'm afraid of actually being treated human because it'll be such a big change.

Another kinda silly thing is, I have a fear of throwing up, although I know it's inevitable.

I know I am ready for this change, I was ready in December, but I'm still scared of it. The unknown is scary, and since I've never lived life normally I don't know what to expect from it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 415 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404