LosingItMyWeigh’s Posts

LosingItMyWeigh
on 7/14/22 4:42 am
Topic: RE: Sleep Issues?

I skipped the melatonin last night. No crazy dreams! Slept for about 5 hours straight. Been up since & am already sleepy. So annoying! I used to aim for 9 hours of sleep since I felt the most rested then. Now I would give anything just to get 7.

I might try the weighted blanket idea. Thank you for that!

LosingItMyWeigh
on 7/14/22 4:30 am
Topic: RE: Sleep Issues?

Has anyone had any issues with their sleep Post-Op?

I am 8 weeks PO. First month I slept great! Since then I sleep for about 4 hours at a time & then am wide awake. I don't drink anything with caffeine. I don't turn the lights on when I wake up. I don't go on my phone or turn on the tv. It's dark & a comfortable temperature in my room. I have the bed to myself. I literally just get up to go pee & go straight back to bed. But I will literally lay there for hours. And by the time I fall asleep, it's time to wake up for my workouts & then get ready for work. ?????

I started melatonin several days back. But now I wake up because they make me have crazy dreams.

Normally I get up in the morning at 5am for my workouts & then to get ready for work. I skipped the workouts today because I was so tired.

I did blood work yesterday for my 8 week Post-Op that is next week. And I am going to talk to my surgeon then about my sleep.

Anyone have similar issues? What helped you? Do you know the cause of your sleep disturbances?

LosingItMyWeigh
on 7/7/22 2:06 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday menu, RNYers?

I am only 7 weeks PO so still on the lower end of food.

I had:

• grilled chicken
  • Ensure Max Protein shake
  • pork chop with some steamed carrots
  • omelet with diced ham & cheese
LosingItMyWeigh
on 7/7/22 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: Small bowel obstruction

I did at 4 days PO. I was in the ER because I could feel the obstruction blocking. They did an enema which didn't work. Next plan was to try a glycerin suppository. But since I was in so much pain, they opted to skip that & go the most drastic way. That was do a soap enema. TMI ahead. They take a bag that looks like of like an IV bag with an opening on top & tube out the bottom. Poor warm saline water mixed with soap in the bag & up the tube goes in your bum. And they fill you with the entire bag of fluid. Very painful to be honest. But since my bowels had not perforated at that point, they didn't want to do surgery to manually remove yet. This worked! After about 30 minutes, I was able to clear it all with no pain, thankfully. I left like a new person afterwards! Now I do whatever I can to prevent constipation.

Good luck! Feel better quickly!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 15 views