bomoni727’s Posts

bomoni727
on 3/25/18 10:04 am
Topic: RE: Gas Problem 6 years out

Thank you very much for the suggestion that you have offered. There is a lot of stuff that I don't eat already. I don't eat white carbs but I guess the little bit that I do eat is messing me up. I don't eat any sweets, breads, pasta, and rarely eat potatoes. Can you give me an example of a carb. I know for a fact that sugar alcohols bother me. I don't drink milk because since surgery I am lactose intolerant.

Monica

bomoni727
on 3/24/18 6:02 pm
Topic: RE: Gas Problem 6 years out

It would be nice if anyone can recommend something that I can take for gas and bloating. It has gotten to the point that it is very embarrassing and I want to do something about it. Wondering what you guys have done to alleviate the problem. From my research, it sounds like those of us who've had weight loss surgery has this issue that develops over time. I went and bought the chewable Phazyme tablets but looking at the ingredients it has 750 mg of calcium carbonate and I don't think we are suppose have that. We can have calcium citrate not calcium carbonate. I just need relief. Please respond if you have taken something that worked for you. Thanks everyone.

bomoni727
on 3/30/15 11:28 pm
Topic: RE: Tinnitus and too much Vitamin D

I need your help on this forum.  I am almost 3 and a half years out and doing well with a minimum of weight gain, so I am doing well keeping my weight in check and doing what I am suppose to do.  But, here's the issue.  I have come down with Tinnitus and it's so annoying.  I read somewhere that taking too much vitamin D can cause among other things Tinnitus.  I would like for someone on here to refresh my memory on how much vitamin d we need after surgery.  I take 10,000 a day, which I think now may be too much.  I did just have my labs done about 2 months ago and it appears that my numbers are within range.  I just need to know if I should go off vitamin D for a little bit to see if it helps with the Tinnitus or what.  It would just be helpful for someone to give me the list of what I should be taking every day.  I know that we all are different, but I think just to know the basics would be very helpful.  Please someone respond.  I really would like to know your thoughts and opinions.  I am reaching out for your help.  Thanks for responding back.

bomoni727
on 8/24/14 11:35 am
Topic: RE: Coming up on 3 years post op

As of September 7th I will be 3 years out.  It has been very interesting to say the least.  I have maintained a clothes size of 4-6.  I have run 5k's, which is something I thought I would never be able to do.  I take my vitamins faithfully.  I still don't eat a lot of foods but I probably eat foods that maybe you guys won't touch.  I justify what I eat by saying that I don't eat some of the other stuff.  I do eat crackers but not in excess, I also eat rice but not in excess.  I would have to say right now my weakness is popcorn.  I buy the kind that has low carbs and very low fat.  No chips or anything like that.  I don't eat bread or anything sweet whatsoever.  I could actually stand a little more variety in my lifestyle, but overall I have been doing well without any illnesses to speak of.  I do have to watch out for low blood sugar when I get busy sometimes and don't eat enough.  My labs have been fine.  I don't dump or get ill.  I am very careful not to drink with my meals and wait sufficient time after I eat to drink.  I get in over 100 ounces of fluids a day.  If you guys can recommend or give me some pointers I would be open to that.  I just really try to watch it all, the carbs, fat, sugar.  I just wanted to respond to this post also since we seem to have had surgery around the same time.  Congrats on your excellent progress.

Monica

bomoni727
on 3/22/14 1:15 am
Topic: RE: Carbs

Thanks Penny for your feedback.  My surgeon's office and nutritionist takes into account the whole diet and how we should be eating since my surgery.  I had a really tough nutritionist, and she really taught me a lot, is why I believe that I do as well as I do.  I have always had a problem with carbs.  They have always been my downfall and just want to keep the carbs at an acceptable amount, while at the same time making sure there is no regain.  

Monica

bomoni727
on 3/22/14 1:12 am

Thanks for the encouragement.  I guess I just want to make sure that I am keeping things on track and also since I am approaching the dreaded end to my honeymoon, I just want to do a mental check-in with myself and with you guys here to help me keep my stuff straight LOL.  I feel that overall I do a good job in keeping regain away, but I can eat more and just want to stay on track.  Coming here helps me to do that.

bomoni727
on 3/20/14 12:34 pm

Thank you so much for your response.  I will check out your profile.

bomoni727
on 3/20/14 11:29 am

I would like to know how closely we are to be counting carbs.  I am two and a half years out and doing well maintaining my weight at 130 with no regain.  Thanks for your responses.

bomoni727
on 11/3/13 7:58 am
Topic: RE: Question For Runners

When the weather was nice, I was running a 5K every other day.  I routinely drink at least 3 to 4 33 oz. bottles of water every day.  I make sure to have adequate protein and not eat anything that's going to be heavy.  I can run a 5K and thought I never in my whole life would be able to do that.  During the summer, I was surprised to see that I could run a 5K every other day and for sure at least 3 times a week.   I did not significantly change my diet for a 5K but just made sure to be properly hydrated.  I did not eat before the run but did have a protein shake after I completed my run.

bomoni727
on 2/11/13 9:44 am
Topic: RE: Crackers Question

Hello my fellow RNY peeps!  I am going on 18 months out, doing great, under goal weight with no complications and eating well.  Since having surgery I do not eat bread at all......ever.  I just don't have a taste for bread.  However, I do eat whole wheat ritz crackers on a daily basis with cheese or with peanut butter.  I am very conscious of what I eat and somewha****ch the carbs but I have as many crackers as I want.  I don't think I go crazy with the crackers but I do eat quite a few.  Is this hurting me eating the crackers or am I okay because I don't eat any bread?  Please give me some feedback guys because I really want to make sure to keep myself on track.  Thanks.

bomoni727
on 8/3/12 3:25 pm
Topic: RE: My vitamin D level is a 7
 Speaking of D, what are you taking?  The D dry or the gel caps?  
bomoni727
on 7/29/12 8:43 am
Topic: RE: My Hair
I do count myself lucky.  I am actually under the goal weight that the surgeon set for me.  I will be glad to go in for my year appointment because I need to make sure that I'm eating enough.  I'm confident that I'm eating the right things, just need to make sure that I'm eating enough.  I am shocked that I still don't get hungry at all.  As for my hair, I don't have any chemicals in my hair and I think that has helped with keeping my hair and not losing it.   
bomoni727
on 7/29/12 8:17 am
Topic: RE: My Hair
Hello Everyone,
I am very happy to report that so far since having surgery on September 7, 2011 that I have not lost any significant amount of my hair.  I am feeling very good about that but would like to know from those of you who are further out if you lost your hair later on or if it happened early out.  I try to keep my protein levels up and drink lots of water every day.  My labs have been good but will see what they are coming up on my one year appointment with the surgeon and nutritionist.  Thanks and I look forward to your responses.  Also, my other question is when do you stop losing weight.  I am down to 141 since my presurgery diet.  
bomoni727
on 6/24/12 2:25 pm
Topic: RE: Banana ugh!!
 I had surgery in early September, 2011 and I have been eating bananas fairly regularly.  I have actually been craving them and eat themn every day at least 2 a day.  I guess I never paid any attention to the sugar content in them.  I have no problem eating bananas whatsoever and don't dump on them at all.  I enjoy them a lot and find it interesting the various responses by others who have tried to eat them.  I have an appointment coming up with my nutritionist and will discuss with her whether or not I should continue to eat them since the sugar content is so high.  I just never paid that any attention because for the most part I do really well with staying on track with my eating.  My question to the forum is if you think I should stop eating bananas because of the sugar.  Thanks.
bomoni727
on 6/1/12 11:25 am
Topic: RE: checkin in with any other sept 2011 rny
I had my rny on Sept. 7, 2011.  I started out at a high weight of 227 and now I am down to 146.  I know some would consider me a light weight but I had co-morbidities going on along with being very short so I really needed to lose the weight for my health.  I have been doing wonderful without any complications or problems with my eating.  I have not been dumping and I don't throw up or anything like that.  My labs have been great without any issues there.  I made up my mind early on during this long and difficult and drawn out process of qualifying for this surgery that I was going to do right and follow the plan as given to me by my surgeon and nutritionist.  Even though I don't have to go in to see the surgeon until one year out, I will be going in for a 9 month appt. just to make sure that I am keeping things on track.  My personal weight goal is 135 but I am not worrying about it at this point and concentrating on keeping healthy and taking all my vitamins every day.  I so appreciate this site and all the wisdom that's on here.  I know that whenever I have concerns about anything I can just come on this site and do a search and read the posts.  Thanks everyone for your support.  Kelly, ****ro Girl, Nik and some of the others who have been around awhile, thank you.
bomoni727
on 4/9/12 11:41 am
Topic: RE: Long Term Research
If someone has a link to long-term results for weight loss surgery I would appreciate you posting it here.  Now that I am approaching my goal weight, I have seriously started thinking about my game plan to staying slim and what I can expect long term.  If my request has already been answered, I will be happy go and do a search on this site for those posts.  Undergoing this surgery is not easy and I just want to continue to educate myself as much as possible.  Thanks everyone in advance for your timely and important insights.
bomoni727
on 3/28/12 2:39 pm
Topic: RE: stigma around WLS
In my case it is in my best interest to keep my wls to myself.  Only one or two people know and my grown daughters know.  Judging by my daughter's reaction when they knew I was having the surgery, it was all the more reason to keep it private.  I am watched very closely at work.  Even before I had surgery and I was very over weight, people always are watching what I wear, what I say, how I carry myself, etc.  I dress very nicely at work and they are always jus****ching.  Since I have lost the weight, people have literally cornered me wanting to know what I'm doing.  I don't feel that I'm being dishonest to say that I am working with a dietitian very closely and exercising.  That is not a lie.  They don't need to know that I had wls.  In my case it would be way too stressful at work to disclose this. The positive that has come out of people watching my weight loss is that it has inspired others at work to start losing weight just by watching my success.  Jealousy also comes into play.  I work in a department with 95% women and we can be pretty catty about things sometimes.  Anyways, I feel that I'm doing better stress wise by just keeping it to myself.  I've heard comments from others at work about wls and it's not positive.
bomoni727
on 3/21/12 9:11 am
Topic: RE: I'm not doing very well...
I think that it is the electrical pulses that stimulates the vagus nerve.  But, I also thought she told me that meds are involved as well.  I will ask her and get back to you on that.  I do know that she has it and swears by it and really likes it because it keeps her depression at bay.  She has had extensive hospital stays in and out for her depression.  She also has a brother who committed suicide and was really concerned that she do something about her own depression.  She made it sound like depression is a genetic thing in her family.  
bomoni727
on 3/21/12 8:16 am
Topic: RE: I'm not doing very well...
 Kelly,
I have a co-worker who has depression so bad that they ended up having to surgerically place something inside her chest that continuously releases meds to keep her stable and functioning.  She has had severe depression and has been on every med there is but still was not helping her.  
bomoni727
on 3/10/12 6:25 am
Topic: RE: Kelly My Turn
Thanks Kelly for your suggestions.  I will run this by my nutritionist when I meet with her later this month when we go over my plan for changes.
bomoni727
on 3/10/12 4:23 am
Thanks so much Kelly for your input.  You're always so helpful. I just had my six month labs done and due to go in to meet with the surgeon and nutritionist on the 21st.  I will cut back some on the B12 and beef up the D.  I've been taking the 5000 a day from Vitalady but will up that to 10000 a day to see how that works out for the next time labs are done at a year out.  I would also like to ask if you think I should be taking a B complex, C, and E, and if so how much?  I currently also take biotin and zinc every day. I don't know how much it has helped with hair loss but to date, I have not lost any hair and my hairdresser is on the look out for hair loss but so far so good.  It may help that I keep my hair in braids and don't put any chemicals at all in my hair.  It also may help that my protein before and after surgery is decent.  Would you recommend that.  I talk about this site all the time with others.  Thanks again.
bomoni727
on 3/10/12 2:06 am
Kelly and anyone else with an opinion, could you please take a look at my labs.  I'll try to list the most essential ones for your review and opinion.  Thanks.

B12-1927
Calcium-9.5
Protein-7.3
Ferritin-152.2
Vitamin D-77.0
Hemoglobin-5.6

bomoni727
on 2/19/12 12:29 pm
Topic: RE: Another Protein Question
Thanks everyone for the timely responses.  I will take heed to what you are saying and just go with that.  I am due to have six month labs done in about two weeks so I'll know where I stand then and go from there.  I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and getting my protein in, taking my vitamins, and drinking my fluids daily.  I depend on this site every day to help keep me on track.  You're very kind and helpful. Thanks again.
bomoni727
on 2/19/12 11:47 am
Topic: RE: Another Protein Question
 Nik, Lora, Kelly...........somebody?  I want to put this question out there to everybody and it's this, because we are having to eat so much protein, is there a chance that the kidneys will have problems down the road?  I do try to get in vegetables with my protein but sometimes it's difficult because we're always suppose to eat our protein first and by the time I eat the protein first there is not much room left to eat my vegetables.  Should I be drinking V8 to get my vegetables in or what can you advise that I do?  I want to get my protein in but don't want to mess up my kidneys either.  Thanks for responding.
bomoni727
on 2/12/12 8:54 pm, edited 2/12/12 8:57 pm
Topic: RE: Mexico surgeon Dr Ramos Kelly
Just my humble opinion, I would not go to Mexico. I at one point contemplated going to Mexico for wls when I was really desperate trying to qualify through my insurance. Thank goodness I was finally approved and dropped that whole Mexico thing. I have not heard anything about Dr. Ramos and have heard good things about the wls doctors that I've researched in Mexico. Be that as it may, Mexico would not be an option for me even if I had not been approved through my own insurance because I was feeling like it was not a physically safe option for me with all the crime there.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 217 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?