cabin111’s Posts

cabin111
on 12/20/07 1:18 pm
Topic: RE: I am a little concerned
It is a good time to go through old closets and clean up...esp old clothes.  Another thought (this is what I do), put on a CD or cassette of good walking music.  Then make alittle course around the house.  Walk for 15-30 minutes just to get the heart rate up.  Brian
cabin111
on 7/6/07 1:52 pm
Topic: RE: Bowel Prep
If you have the Mag Citrate, I would sip alittle bit then a sip of water.  I have had to do the Mag Citrate 3 or 4 times for various tests over the years.  Again a sip of Mag Citrate, a sip of water.  That was the only way for me to drink it...Brian
cabin111
on 7/4/07 10:32 am
Topic: RE: Read the 'In Memoriam's, please talk me off the ceiling...
Concerning RNY...They have really perfected this surgery.  When Lyndon Johnson (president of the US) went in for surgery to have his gall bladder removed, he was in the hospital for 4 days.  Now it is an outpatient or overnight surgery.  They have really perfected all of the WLS.  The doctors really know what they are doing and have performed the surgery hundreds of times.  The complications are becoming less and less.  Yes they are higher that the general population, but that is because of the complications associated with overweight people in general.  Which has a greater risk...heart bypass or scoping a knee?  Bypass, because you are dealing with a sicker person to begin with.  By the way I had a double heart bypass 7 years ago so I almost feel this extra time from my RNY has given me more special time to see my kids grow up.  I also think your fear of death is spiritual issue.  I think you may need to deal with meeting your maker, before considering RNY.  Brian
cabin111
on 6/25/07 5:13 pm
Topic: RE: Any regrets? Anything you wish you had know b4 surgery?
No regrets... I wish I had added a small amount of salt to my diet.  Yes yes I know it is bad for you.  But you are sip sip sipping away all the sodium out of your system and since you are not replacing it with processed food you will need a small amount for your health (it could create low blood pressure).  Again don't go hog wild (ps avoid hog for awhile), but add a small amount to your foods.  Also I would go back to work part time to start.  You just don't know how you will be coming back to work.  Start back part time on a Thursday and work part time on a Friday (if you work Monday through Friday).  Then if you can handle it, try full time.  Again it is hard to put in alot of hours if you are dropping a pound or 2 a day...Brian in Turlock CA
cabin111
on 6/17/07 6:11 am
Topic: RE: 4 weeks post op
What the heck, try sugar free peanut butter...Brian
cabin111
on 6/17/07 6:02 am
Topic: RE: 4 weeks out... few questions

Yes the celery is stringy, that is why for the first few months it is a no no.  It can be hard to pass out of the pouch.  Mac and cheese is ok, but I would wait a month or two before you really get back into carbs.  If you stick with the dr. diet you will loose quickly.  The first few months are key because it become harder to loose as time goes by.  You can use non fat, low fat or regular cheese if you like.  If you are not as active as most, I would suggest low fat or non fat.  If your stomach can handle it, alittle regular could be ok.  If you are ready for meat, try Wendy's Chili with some string cheese.  that one helped me alot with the protein.  Try alittle and see if you can handle it.  Some people can't eat meat ever again, others do just fine with it.  It is sort of a trial an error.  Mexican food is fine, later.  Avoid the chips and bread if you can.  I would still wait awhile.  Avoid fried foods!!  Both for weight and for dumping.  Again this is a tool,  Use it to your advantage...Brian in CA

cabin111
on 10/15/06 5:58 am
Topic: RE: Received surgery date of 11/13/06 and thrilled!
Glad to hear!  I'll be one week out on tommorow.  It would be nice if you could find one or two people who had the RNY visit you at the hotel.  I had a friend visit me yesterday and I could drill them with silly (not really) questions.  Things from burping to flem in the mouth...ect.  Brian     
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views