Miss Redd’s Posts

Miss Redd
on 8/27/22 5:46 pm
Miss Redd
on 2/20/13 1:49 am
Topic: RE: Who are you now that you have lost weight?

When you said about your stride, BWB, I know what you meant. There is this new "walk" I have these days. I FEEL lighter on my feet and sometimes I do feel I could float a bit!!

Peace,

T

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/20/13 1:48 am

HI Robin,

I kinda know what you mean about getting up and taking care. I have started to really take care of the little things too. I make sure I go through my clothing and replace what is worn and what I don't like anymore. It used to be that I was just grateful for whatever would fit me!!!

Enjoy!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/20/13 1:47 am

Hey Brenlee!

This topic has been so enjoyable and a really great learning opportunity for me! I Hope we can do more!

How old is your son?? My son was around 21 when I had my surgery-but lived far away from California, up on the Alaska Pipeline. So the first time he saw me-I was totally looking different! You should have seen his face! Eyes checking and re-checking! I whispered, finally -its ME Mom! LOL!

Thanks for your post and hope to see you joining in again too!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/20/13 1:44 am

Hey Sara,

I am loving that you love how you look! I think that is the SO excellent!! Knowing and recognizing that you are still you-shows that you have done lots of work indeed!!

Enjoy it!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/20/13 1:42 am

Hi Lora,

This is wonderful and hopeful for me to read. I am in England and have been talking with my therapist. She was asking what studies have been done thus for into the areas of which you are researching and learning about. In England, there is still quite a bit of stigma around therapy and getting help from a professional. Of course, I am from California-so one of the first things I did when I moved to England-over 4 years ago (just got my citizenship) was to get a councilor. I went through some major depression and felt really alone-obviously-when I first moved here.

I have a whole book I could write, but no need. Just to say I am very pleased to see the direction your journey and abilities have taken you and HOPE that we see more folks in the future start looking at the correlations indeed.

Cheers,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 4:46 am

Ah! Yes, OK-it stuck in my mind, because I thought what a fantastic opportunity to see things from a specific perspective such as your own! Congrats on your endeavor! Can I ask if you have done any papers or research on issues directly related to obesity and PTSD, abuse, etc?

Many thanks and peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:28 am

Hi Datorres,

Excellent on keeping your "Sassy"!! It is true that I think some people ...like family and friends -will often try and give us a title or say we are acting this new and different way. Oftentimes I think it's just so difficult for them to reconcile the inside of us with the outside changes. They get confused! I swear that so many folks want to be able to put people into one box or subject heading-when we are not and never will be.

Thanks for your post and love live your SASSY!!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:24 am

Hi Sarah,

Oh gawd, you reminded me of the seating issues. YES! Actually-I think I do speak about my ghost butt in my video and it's alive and well! LOL! I still do slide to the side to "Fit" through small spaces!

I hope you enjoy those moments where you find yourself stepping out instead of in. It's what all these changes we made and make each day are for!!

Congrats and thanks for your post!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:21 am

OOOH Lady Myst, I loved your post!

It really made me smile! It won't be long till you jump out of an airplane I suspect! LOL! angry

You give a good view of the changes we go through inside the change-if that makes sense. First you were WAY out there, then you toned it down a bit, but now you are finding the things you absolutely love to do and ways you love to be and no one will stop you!

You sound like you are on a very positive track to me and it's a lovely thing to see!! Much success and happiness to you!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:17 am

Hi Rebecki!

Your history is similar to mine in that you were not an obese kid. I was between 135 and 145 as a teen and though I was a whale of course! I gained about 100 lbs the first year I moved away at 17-18 years old. Then another 100 lbs when I had my son (before my 19th birthday). That took me right up to 300 plus lbs!

It sounds amazing as you find your old and true self coming back. I am watching for signs and I think as I mentioned in my video that I am just catching the beginning glimpses. I don't know if I will ever be the old me, or the new/old improved me??

Thanks for your post!

Peace

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:14 am

How much did I love that you used the word "Mission" rather than Journey?!?! I LOVE it!! It is a MISSION and there are no two ways about that.

I think it's fantastic that you are flashing some skin and feeling good about it. It shows a very healthy side to where you are! Congrats on your success!!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:12 am

Hi Lora,

Thanks for your post! I also suspect I may have some PTSD. Did I read a post of your's somewhere that said you were studying psychology, or that you have a degree in the works?

Thanks for your insights!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/18/13 12:54 am
Topic: RE: X-Post-What if this IS the normal? What if regain and bounceback are PART of our successful journey?

Hey Amy!

For some reason I didn't get notified of your post! I bet it fell under another post for some reason. I just read it and totally appreciate what you are saying! I did not come this far to live through drudgery and feel paranoid about it. Yes, I do want to be watchful and I am for sure-but to have deep misery for 20 lbs, no. Just no.

I am also a size 14!

Thanks again,

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/18/13 12:46 am

Hi!

Thanks for your post! What you are saying about not wanting to stand out-yes I do think that's part of it. And at the same time I got so used to standing out-it's a bit weird now to blend!

It's funny, because my favorite place used to be when I was driving. When I was in my car and on the freeway-I was just like everyone else. It was one of the very few times I felt I was just part of the bigger "us" if you know what I mean. I used to really look around and feel so comforted, until I had to get back out of the car. Ack!

Thanks again and take care!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/18/13 12:43 am

Hi Dee,

I love that! That thinking is, of course-my ultimate healthy thinking brain!! I hope to get there and see where I find myself. As always-this is for sure- A Real TRIP! LOL

Thanks for your post!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/17/13 9:53 pm

Hello to all,

I have really been thinking about this subject, and it factors greatly into my life currently. The subject is about who you are now, since you have had weight loss surgery.

I have created a video to share my thoughts about this here.

I am coming to realize that I very much had my identity wrapped up in my size. Of course, this was not done on purpose, it's something that just happens over time I suppose. I was a "Big Girl" I was a "BBW", I was going to be the best big girl I could be!

I wore flashy clothes and was very animated. Because I did You Tube videos all the way through my weight loss, I have the ability to go back and actually SEE how I was projecting myself.

**For those interested, my original channel was Lacyanna, but I have moved to "LacyannaLivingNow". So-if you leave comments on the old channel. I won't be able to respond. Please feel free to link the original video and come to my new page to discuss if you happen to want to talk about an older video**

To be honest. I have not had the heart-until this past weekend to go back and star****ching some of them. But when I did, I was not as bothered as I thought I would be. More, I was intrigued at the way I looked and spoke and the confidence which came across in some ways, and the insecurities in other ways.

Since I lost the weight, as I say in my video-I turned slightly "beige" in my style. I've sort of become lost on what I look like and how I fit in. This weekend was one of the first times I started to feel a bit...for lack of better words "sassy" again. (Are you laughing at my word? LOL!).

Did you go crazy after you lost the weight? Did you start chasing boys/girls? Did you go underground? (I did!). In what ways are you now different, but you never expected?

Feel free to watch the video, as I go more in depth about my own experience. I also ask others to please jump in with their own experiences, as I think it would be a massive help to me and others too!!

Many thanks and have a lovely rest of the day!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 2/17/13 9:39 pm
Topic: RE: X-Post-What if this IS the normal? What if regain and bounceback are PART of our successful journey?

Hi Kecldr,

It's such a great thing to see someone like you, at the beginning-really taking things in and taking such responsibility for your knowledge and preparation.

I totally understand the having lost weight and regaining it. I did the same thing previous to my surgery! I want into the mini-market and the man behind the desk said "Wow!! You sure got fat!! You used to look so good!" *Faints*

I hope more of us continue to come and speak out, and that absolutely includes those of us who are pre-op!! What a great chance to be prepared and help direct your ongoing success!

These feelings we have, they are real and they will crop back up. The further out I get the more insane it seems that an emphasis is not put on post op life as it is for pre-op! Of course, there are many support groups out there, which is great. But I am talking more about the medical community, as well as the professional health community.

I love your post and I will look forward to reading more from you!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/26/13 6:49 am

Hi Louise,

I think it's fantastic that you are trying to look at the big picture. It's not easy and there are loads of fears which can come up for us. You are so right about understanding where YOU need to focus for your own sanity. It is a delicate dance we go through, but I firmly believe if long-term folks start really speaking up and out-we will see a clearer picture, which can only benefit those who are just starting out!!

Thanks again!!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/26/13 4:09 am

Yep, again-Kim. I think we are saying some similar things indeed. And OH the sorrow of Menopause INDEED!

Appreciate it!

Cheers,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/26/13 4:07 am

"Mega Like Button" for you, Kim! Yes. This is in part what I am saying. 

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/26/13 4:03 am

Hi Martha,

Whilst your reasoning seems to be based on scientific evidence, we are much more than a mass of biological processes. Looking beyond the scientific and mathematical facts, I think it's important to perhaps examine the other facets of why we may gain weight. There are many psychological and emotional reasons, as well as the basic caloric intake/ energy expended equation.

Nowhere in my post have I stated that bounce back or regain is something magical. However, we are complex beings and many of us have different emotional and psychological reasons why we may experience bounce back or regain. Also, research has yet to definitely say one way or another the long-term effects of weight loss surgery. There simply has not been enough in the way of research, discussion and time post-operatively to make facts out of hypotheses. 

I still think it's worth the conversation and I would not want to see the door shut so fast with such a one dimensional view. We are worth so much more. And there are so many of us.

I say let's pop the hood and take a look-see underneath.

Thanks again,

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/26/13 2:52 am

Thanks for your post!! You've done very well in 2 years. As a matter-of-fact, I also lost all my weight in less than 2 years (over 200 lbs). 

What I am saying is that we are yet to know for fact if bounce back is "theory" or more. It's too soon and research is still very limited. If you stay completely closed off to the ideas and possibilities out there-then it is possible you will be incredibly hard on yourself "if" you end up gaining weight.

Even your arthritis issues are similar to mine. 

What I want to stay open to is allowing myself to hear other people's experiences. Your post could have been mine at 2 years out. I think if you read my blog-there might even be one like that in there.

I think you are doing fabulous and you sound like you are on a good path for sure.

However, I don't want to minimize what others have gone through further out. I can't. They are all part of the long-term Post Op Crowd-which means they are part of the reality. 

I do smell the roses and if you read my blog, you will see I have lived an amazing life from going from nearly 400 lbs to 180-after six years.

Let's give everyone a chance to share their experiences. Two years is great and you still have a very long road ahead. You are correct-this IS a lifestyle change. It's also a LIFE change...which means it's pretty difficult and possibly unrealistic to make such vehement statements so early on. 

Again-I trust you will do great and possibly have no bounce back or regain-but so many others have. It's not about shutting down the conversation, even though it's uncomfortable indeed. It's about opening the door-as it may just help those starting out when they get this far down the road.

Thanks and Continued success to you,

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/26/13 1:24 am

Hi all,

I've been spending lots of time reading various message boards regarding regain and weight loss surgery long-term. And of course-I have spent the last 6 years as a post op.

It's the very reason why I recently decided to come back to OH and also to open a new VLOG on You Tube. I have been studying and analyzing what many of us go through post op. So much emphasis is put on Pre Op. It's Pre-op nutrition and Pre-op therapist. Its all about what we NEED to do before. There is NO Mandatory counseling for post ops, and if it is-it is very, very short term.

There are some other points I have been pondering as well, like what happens to our minds, hearts and souls when we see regain. It's extremely traumatic and it's not something others who have not been down this road would understand. There seems to be a tendency to really get fatalistic about the changes, bounce backs-etc.  Let me rephrase that I FELT really fatalistic about regain.

So, I started to really look at what regain means. What does regain mean and what about bounce back? What about how large we were when we started out? What about our age? What about our health? And just what DOES the medical profession know about what it's like for us and what we CAN expect?

Yes, some folks do have complete and utter regain. But also, some folks have bounce back weight and they start to fight their bodies on desperately getting to the original "Goal weight". What do we know about how the body works regarding our "lowest weight" and the weight we end up at??

What is my healthy weight is 170? What if my healthy weight is 130? Or maybe it's 190?? Exactly who has the true answer? My surgeon said anything near 200 would be a miracle! But then there was this doctor I saw one other time that said I should lose like 40 more, because BMI and what not. And then there was that nurse who said if I lifted canned food or water bottles  could lose some of that "fat" on my upper arms. That was AFTER I told her I lost over 200 lbs from Gastric Bypass. See what I mean? Bit scary isn't it?

What if we allow ourselves to start taking a long hard look at what success is? Is our whole post op life supposed to be about "Look, I'm not eating. Now I'm eating. I'm eating x amount of calories. Oh I lost weight. Oh I gained weight. I'm a success! I'm a failure..because of the weight.."

I'm seeing a lot of self-loathing on the boards. That is where I think the danger is. The danger for me was the self hate and horror I felt when I saw the scale go up. At first I cried and freaked out. I so despaired about it. But then-I remembered once again that it was ME that lost the weight in the first place and it would be me to do it again-if that is what I wanted to do. And all of this due to 15 pounds!!!!??? That's when I had a little talk with myself and started to do the research.

My weight has stabilized and my heart and mind are still continuing to adjust to the massive change I went through! Part of me even wondered if I set myself up to focus on bounce back weight, so that I would not have to continue to focus on the discomfort I have felt in a new smaller body.

I have committed to myself to start talking and sharing again. I could NOT believe how many folks totally have "disappeared" from the boards, from You Tube and other places. And I have found that most of the time when people come back, they come back all apologetic. Like they need to be ashamed and have been "bad". What the hell is that all about???? Post op is POST OP and we are the Post Op reality. I understand folks who may be pre-op may be a bit frightened to think about what can and OFTEN does happen with weight fluctuation. I know I used to be super freaked out by it.

But really, if I am reading my research correctly-we are the NORM!! Haha-that's the funny part! SOME regain is NORMAL. And to lose regain IS possible too!! Some bodies are happy to stay on the larger side of their normal, whilst others will go super petite. OK then!

I would love to see some of these places that have to turned to post op ghost towns come alive again with people working it out together. I have uploaded a few videos, with the latest one being a review of why I had gastric bypass and what I am thinking these days. I want to invite anyone who wants to share to please come and do so. Either in writing or video.

We ARE a community-it's just that I suspect there are lots of folks in their closets so-to-speak. What if this turns out to simply be part two of our SUCCESSFUL journey?? Show me the PROOF that says MOST people stay at their lowest weight and never struggle. It's a lie. We may already be a winner! enlightened

Here is my latest video, I've stuck a few pictures in it as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXZSWPtwoNo

I plan to stick around.

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Miss Redd
on 1/24/13 2:55 am
Topic: RE: So you think you're a slow loser? I beg to differ!

Glad to see you around, Nik! I've also decided to stop staying gone.

Also-I am downright GIDDY over the percentages! LOL! Thanks!!

Total % of body weight I've lost.: 52

Total % of excess body weight I’ve lost. 93.8

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?