foolishgrrl_1’s Posts

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/11/20 3:47 pm
Topic: RE: Revision from VSG to ?? 80# Trauma regain after 9 yrs post-op

Thank you for responding, I appreciate the info and advise. I'm in my research phase currently. ?

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/10/20 8:34 pm
Topic: RE: Revision from VSG to ?? 80# Trauma regain after 9 yrs post-op

I'm back. This was such an amazing outlet on my original journey years ago. So much has happened, new life, new city, new career... new pounds.
I managed well for several years, I had adjusted to my new way of eating and looking at food. After losing my dad unexpectedly, my long term relationship, my best friend, my home that I knew, and changing jobs after 18 years... I failed. I failed so hard. It crept in 5# and then 10#. At 20# I started to get concerned and started to really rub to buckle down. But I was knee deep in a toxic relationship all alone in the Midwest and food was my only real 'friend' I could depend on.
After years of therapy and souls searching, OWNING my self worth and not basing it on other people's pressures or opinions- I'm ready to take my life back.
I am considering a revision surgery. My tool worked for me. It was my single best decision I've ever made. But now I'm faced with having to do either the RNY or DS and is love to hear pros and cons. Bonus points if you had a revision.

My family and current partner aren't super thrilled with this idea, but I own my decisions and I need to get my health back. So I'm looking to this awesome community for some support and greatly appreciate any advise.

Sorry so long, thanks in advance!

H.

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/10/20 7:44 pm
Topic: RE: 9yrs post-op and struggling!

Hey Kristina, I feel you. I'm 8-9 yrs out from VSG and had a lot happen since 2016. I started gaining in 2017 slowly and in the last year I've put on an extra 30-40 pounds. Have you tried wrapping your brain around the post-op surgical diet and trying to 'restart'? I'm curious because that is what I was recommended to do, unfortunately I haven't been very successful. I'm considering a revision from the sleeve to a bypass.
Following to see what recommendations you get. Wishing you good health and happiness!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 414 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 117 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?