AnneGG’s Posts

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 2:16 pm
Topic: RE: freaking out a little
I second what Jeanne says! See how you feel in the morning!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 2:09 pm
Topic: RE: 4-year surgiversary today
I'm glad you got your surgeon to listen to you re: your belly pain- from what you say, you trust her and she is a good dr.

May your coming year be pain free (after recovering from surgery, of course)!

And again, thanks for your persistent and patient contribution to the board!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 2:00 pm
Topic: RE: Frustrated and feel like im going to fail.
I recommend so much that you get some counseling, not out of fixing you but getting some support for working things through. Someone you trust and feel comfortable with. It may take a few sessions to establish that, but if you don't feel safe, check out someone else. But find someone you tell your truth to, and who will help you with developing self-supportive thinking and behaviors. It's a godsend, good therapy is- I know.

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 12:48 pm
Topic: RE: It's Wedding Day and I feel good!
My surgery was just a couple of weeks before yours, and I do know what you mean when you say you feel so much better and easier about mixing with people! I'm glad for both of us about the increased self confidence. I love being able to run around and just feel easy and comfortable in my own shoes!

You must have looked beautiful!

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 10:48 am
Topic: RE: Frustrated and feel like im going to fail.
Please please no binging and purging, especially early out! Your surgery is so brand new and still tender, and you don't want to damage it in any way!

Unfortunately they can't operate on our heads, so we have to learn to manage our "stinkin' thinkin". Thank your head for sharing, and keep yourself busy doing something else. Exercise. Drink your fluids- lots of them. See what you can do to distract yourself.

Be gentle with yourself and your new surgery! Keep your focus on your gaol of the new you!

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 10:35 am
Topic: RE: Hiatal Hernia
Hiatal hernias can contribute to severe gastro-esophageal reflux disease to the extent of Barrett's esophagus, which I have. I'm totally grateful my hernia was fixed during my surgery- my GERD is gone. We'll find out how my Barrett's is doing with my next endoscopy.

Will your dr. fix your hernia if you ask him to?

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 10:23 am
Topic: RE: Dragon Breath!
What we will suffer for better health and looking good!!! Ha!

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 10:20 am
Topic: RE: has anyone heard from stressed af mom in cali
I hope she's OK.

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 10:19 am
Topic: RE: I just want to want to eat...
Be grateful for your lack of hunger and nausea! I was nauseated the first 4 months straight, felt awful, and now miss it so much- as soon as my nausea left my hunger returned and now it's all about managing myself. Grunt and groan...

AnneGG
on 8/27/11 10:07 am
Topic: RE: 4-year surgiversary today
Happy, happy days!!! Thank you for all your help and support and role-modeling on the site, Lora! Your contributions are invaluable!

AnneGG
on 8/26/11 5:24 pm
Topic: RE: What are your favorite drinks? Sick of Crystal Light!
I third Sobe water- very good!

AnneGG
on 8/26/11 12:04 am
Topic: RE: Going to be a big girl...by pouch requires it!!!!
I wish I wasn't so allergic to loss and couldn't count on me regressing to my familiar comfort- food! Are you in the same boat, by any chance?

So forgive yourself and get back on track! That's all we can do!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 11:28 pm
Topic: RE: Oh thank God.......... I did it!!!!!!!
Happy birthday! Yay you!!!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 5:19 pm
Topic: RE: my RNY surgeon has now agreed to do an exploratory lap surgery...
Go with all of our support! You sure deserve it, and you sure deserve some answers and help! I'm glad you insisted on getting heard.

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 5:12 pm
Topic: RE: Going back to a liquid diet?
I want to put a plug in for exercise as well as increasing your protein along with cutting out the carbs- after forgiving yourself.

We all have to get up again and again and again and again. One day, one moment, at a time. Unfortunately the surgery doesn't operate on our brains. Now begins the hard work, and you can do it!!!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 4:57 pm
Topic: RE: OT What would happen if I checked into a mental health facility for awhile?
PS Good for you for taking care of yourself through all of this, what with your recent surgery!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 4:52 pm
Topic: RE: OT What would happen if I checked into a mental health facility for awhile?
I second what Lora says about getting yourself a medication evaluation and some counseling. And no one is going to take your kids if you get some help. But she's right that a mental health hospitalization wouldn't be the best option. Is there a doctor available on base that could give you a prescription for something?

Of course you are feeling overwhelmed! What bum luck, to say nothing of the expense, you and your family have been through!

Please do anything you can think of to get some support- does the military offer anything? Is there a waiting list you can get on for housing? Does the town you live in have any social services? Do you belong to a church that could give some help? Are there any groups for home schooled children nearby? Are there any other military families around that you could pool some child care with? Do your families know what hard time you're having? Is there anyone who could fly out and stay with you a few days to give you a break?

Please do what you can to get yourself some assistance!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 1:41 pm
Topic: RE: ROLL CALL!
1) Anne, Punky, Punks
2) July 15, 2010
3) Chobani raspberry yogurt with low fat granola on top, Power Pak protein pudding, salads, fresh tomatoes, WW ice cream bars, Triscuits thin crisps for nibbling very slowly (I have to portion them out and BITE MY HAND to not eat too many), anything my hubby cooks for us (AND he cleans up after!) (Did I say I have great hubby?)
4) So many to be grateful for: health issues resolved, being called tiny and told I look fabulous, fitting into size 2-4 (!), being told I look 10 years younger than my age (60), and best: being able to run 5 miles without stopping! That last one about running is a flat out miracle, even though I hate doing it!

Thanks for the questions, Nik!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 12:53 pm
Topic: RE: 14 months out - Hungry all the time
No, you're not alone! I'm 13 months out, and some days the hunger sure is making its presence loudly known.

Protein shakes help me the most even though I still don't like them. Protein bars don't work so well for me. I also like the Power Pak protein pudding- it fills me
up well, and has 30 grms of protein a can. Or a Chobani yogurt.

It's a bear, isn't it?

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 12:43 pm
Topic: RE: I went ziplining!
I love the White Mountains! And I zip lined awhile ago! It was simply grand, and I'm looking forward to going again soon!

Good for you for stepping into your fear and discovering the wonder of what can be on the other side!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 12:29 pm
Topic: RE: Confused... Insurance says no, doctor says "come on in"
I guess all you can do is see what the dr's office can do for you. Insurance policies are usually pretty firm on their coverage limits, though.

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 12:22 pm
Topic: RE: The waiting game begins...
Good luck with your process, and I hope your doc accepts the report. It's the insurance co. that gives the final OK, so if they say you don't need another sleep test, that will be what goes.

You're almost there! Good work!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 12:02 pm
Topic: RE: YAY! I got a job!!
Congrats!!!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 7:20 am
Topic: RE: Where are you in your journey? Are you satisfied? What can you do to improve?
I feel pretty pleased with where I am for the most part. I'm working my program faithfully, and so far it's working for me. I have lost 100+ pounds and have been at goal for 3+ months. I love being this thin and healthy- it's done wonders for my outlook and self-confidence.

My program: running 5 miles a day 6 days out of 7, eating as protein rich as I can 100+ grams/ day, 800-1000 calories at maintenance , 6 small meals a day with no drinking for 30 minutes after, vitamins, weighing myself daily, and measuring and charting as much as I can. Oh, and occasional binges on Triscuits and WW ice cream bars. It doesn't seem to ever get easier, but at least I'm into the rhythm of it no matter what I feel like unless I'm sick. I work very hard at staying out of my head and not letting my feelings run my show. I'm far from perfect, but I'm proud of my process and my progress.

Being in and facilitating support groups keeps me honest!

The good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I intend to keep putting one sneakered foot in front of the other!

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 5:09 am
Topic: RE: Feel like I'm falling off the bandwagon...
My daily exercise is what I hang everything else around. As someone here said, the hardest part of exercise is putting on your exercise shoes. I hate doing it but it is what makes me feel better and more motivated the rest of the day to follow through with eating workably and well. It puts me into a positive cycle as opposed to a familiar depressive cycle, and I hate the depressive cycle even more than I hate exercise.

So I would suggest lacing on your shoes and Just Doing It. I am never motivated to exercise, so I can't wait for that. But it's a good place to start back after forgiving yourself.

And do keep taking advantage of your honeymoon phase- remember why you had the surgery in the first place!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Don't let your feelings run your show!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 60 replies · 733 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 51 replies · 467 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 50 replies · 518 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 38 replies · 499 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 33 replies · 164 views
What's on your Saturday menu?