browneyes65’s Posts

browneyes65
on 7/4/22 6:59 pm
Topic: RE: Transoral Gastric Outlet Reduction

I was reading up about this which is a outpatient Procedure where they do a Endoscopic down your throat and sew your stomach smaller. This is for people who have gained weight back and stretched their stomach size. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of this thanks.

browneyes65
on 5/4/22 12:12 pm
Topic: RE: it's been a long time...

did you recently have weight loss surgery? you need a revision. I would really like to change bariatric Doctor closer but I don't know if it's possible someone closer it's been 8 years. at the time I had my surgery no one was doing weight loss surgery closer but now there are hospitals doing surgery. I don't know if A Doctor will take a person from somewhere else as a patient.

browneyes65
on 5/4/22 12:01 pm

I have a PCP Dr now I usually get a different Dr every 3 years which makes it hard because they don't know anything about Bariatric Patients. You would think by now with weight loss surgery more doctors would try to learn about it but some don't. I'm gonna have St Vincents send me the labs to give my PCP to have done. i don't even know where to start to look for another Doctor that knows anything about Bariatric Patients. I will ask my Doctor if he could contact them at St Vincents to ask where my numbers should be on labs because I know when some labs are high like b12 with Bariatric high is fine but my pcp reads them and says thats way to high. i don't know if they will tell my Doctor or not because I did not go to Carmel for yearly visit.

browneyes65
on 5/3/22 5:41 pm

I have a question for years out, Any It's been 8 years out for me. I had my Surgery at St Vincents Hospital Hospital in Carmel Indiana which is 3 hours there a 3 hours back for me to spend 15 to talk to Dietitian and I don't see DR just a Practitioner to talk to me for 15 minutes to ask how I'm doing then give me my lab work and head home. I have been doing yearly. I can't always make it so the the office said that they cant' send labs to get them done and if my Dr chooses to do some labs and don't know how to read them they are not responsible. I wish I had a place closer to go to who would take me here as a patient. I'm in South Bend Indiana I don't know if there is a forum on here in the area I don't know where to look.

browneyes65
on 10/13/18 3:41 pm
Topic: RE: Cramping on top foot.

Im' not sure if this is a related Vitamin deffientcy or not but the last few days the top of my feet have been hurting. Is there anything I can check ? last night I kert feeling like they were cramping also during the day. Thanks

browneyes65
on 9/6/18 3:01 pm
Topic: RE: Sundown Perfect High Potency Perfect Iron

Did anyone take this Iron before ? they stopped selling This Iron worked great for me with no problems. Is there anything simular to this that is Carbonyl Iron ? tried a few different irons just not working well . My Nut told to to take a few different Irons because my numbers were not that good and they did not work well gave me cramps and diarrhrea . I know for some people they never had this problem but I did , I tested myself. I went to Dr and he confirmed the Iron has caused my problems. What did you swich to after They stopped selling Perfect Iron ? Ferrous Sulfate not working. I had a bottle of Perfect Iron left that they stopped selling been taking for a few days and I have had no problems but I will run out soon.

browneyes65
on 9/3/18 4:18 pm
Topic: RE: Ferrochel Iron Chelate

Actually the Iron I switched to did cause my diarrhea my Doctor said. I did not know it bothered you when I asked questions even if it is about Iron. There is an Iron called Ferrochel Iron Chelate. It's not what I'm eating. I was on one Iron for along time until they stopped selling so I still ask questions. Please feel free to skip my posts. Judgement free Zone I thought. I do know how this all started when I switched Iron nothing else changed. I do talk to my Doctor too. one day I will sort out but have to get on the right Iron that causes no problems.

browneyes65
on 9/3/18 3:37 pm

The reason I changed iron is because I went to see my Nut at Bariatric Hospital every year and she mentioned that I should try Ferrochel Iron, my Iron number then was 50. I just decided recently to try it. I only took for one day and it destoyed me. I tried going back to the iron I was taking Sundown Iron 65 but I was never the same. after month of stomach cramps and diarrhea I went to see Doctor. My Doctor told me my system was thrown out of wack trying different iron one day and gave me meds to try. It helped a little and I kept taking my iron and bowl movements were getting a little better but still stomach cramps. I had one bottle left of my original iron Sundown Perfect Iron which they stopped selling and tried that and it works so good. I will figure something out that works, my Nut is not sure why I'm having problems. My Iron was 70 last month.

browneyes65
on 8/22/18 9:10 am
Topic: RE: How much Viamin C do you take with Iron, I think I'm taking to much?

I have to see my Doctor Friday because I have always taken same Iron, had no problems going to bathroom at all. The problem all started when my Nut said my Iron was a little low , at the time it was 50, 5 months ago so she had said try Ferrochel Iron I waited to try it but decided to on July 14 I tried it for 1 day and it destroyed me . I woke up to bad cramps and explosive diarrhea I was cramping and running to toilet all day. I tried going back to the one I'm taking but I'm still having problems. I hope Dr can figure out.

browneyes65
on 8/21/18 5:26 pm

I had labs done and my Bariatric Nut says all looks fine, Iron is 70 so not sure what problem is. I take my Iron late night and wake up with stomach cramps and diarrhea and have it a few more times during the day. It does not matter if I eat anything or not. This has been going on for a month now. Appointment Friday to talk to Doctor. I previously never had diarrhea so this is not normal. Still taking same Iron and Vitamin C 1000. I really have no idea what problem is because labs were fine.

browneyes65
on 8/21/18 12:04 pm

I started started taking one less iron but stayed with same dosage Vit C , now I have diarrhea.

browneyes65
on 7/17/18 8:17 am

My Dietition told me to take the Ferrochel Iron Chelate and I started taking it for 3 days. I have been having bad cramps and bad diarrehea and I when it comes out I can't hold. I took only one and Vitamn C , I had to stop taking. Has anyone tried it ?

browneyes65
on 7/10/18 11:42 am
Topic: RE: Iron

What Iron is the best to get? I'm going to store now . Do I need high potency? My Dietition said Chilated Iron, has anyone tried it? I can buy from the Botique at St Vincents.

browneyes65
on 6/29/18 8:53 pm
Topic: RE: Iron question !

Sundown naturals 65 mg ferrous sulfate plus vit c

browneyes65
on 6/29/18 8:46 pm

How many do you take a day? because these would go so fast because not many in bottle.

browneyes65
on 6/28/18 3:47 pm

This is the second Iron I have tried and it seems like when I take it and go to sleep later the taste comes up my throat. I used to take Sundown Perfect Iron and it happened and now I take Sundown Naturals Iron 65mg and still happens so does anyone know which Iron does not do this?

browneyes65
on 5/15/18 9:11 am
Topic: RE: Who uses Ferrochel Iron ?

I was on perfect Iron for 3 years then they stopped selling it, so i switched to Sundown Naturals 1 Tablet 65 mg took 2 plus 1000 mg Vitamin C. My lab results was Serum Iron 50 Ferritin 160. So my Dietition just said to try Ferrochel Iron some people do good with that. I just want something that will help my numbers that does not cost alot and don't have to order monthly, I'm on SS and don't have alot of money. what iron do you take?

browneyes65
on 5/13/18 8:25 pm
Topic: RE: Who uses Ferrochel Iron ?

My Doctor wants me to try ferrochel iron, do you use it ?

browneyes65
on 4/27/18 9:20 pm
Topic: RE: Has anyone heard of Devrom

It has been 4 years after surgery and in the last year all I ever have is non stop gas 24-7. I was sick for a week and hardly ate anything and still had gas. I'm not sure what to do I have tried different gas products at the store. I can't stop it coming out I have no control it just happens boy do I need help. I talked to a friend she said Devrom helped with everything it stopped the gas and if you get cramps and smell. Has anyone tried it?

browneyes65
on 3/9/18 2:50 pm

I used to take too but they discontined it so I'm still looking for the right Iron.

browneyes65
on 3/9/18 11:37 am

I'm 4 years out now and trying different Irons Vitamin. I was on perfect iron stopped selling it 6 months ago , so I switched to sundown Naturals Iron 65 taking 2 nightly. I know it is trial and error, which one do you think the body absorbs better and can I buy at store. I seen the Dietition at St Vincents Hospital and she just guesses on something to try Chilated Iron Ferrochel. What do you take that works well? Here are a few lab numbers Serum Iron 50, Ferritin 160

browneyes65
on 2/27/18 8:32 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone still visit Bariatric Hospital 4 years out ?

What happens if you do need a Surgeon with problem related to your RHY, who would you go to?

browneyes65
on 2/27/18 2:30 pm

I wish my PCP would be on top of things I have intern Doctors that come and go every 3 years and move on to a Doctor Practice. I have never been lucky to get a Doctor that knows much on Bariatric Surgery and are not required to.

browneyes65
on 2/26/18 7:57 pm

It's my 4 th year out now since I had RNY and I go to St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana every year to see the Dietition and the Practitioner to my Surgeon. I wanted know if anyone goes too, mine is 3 hours away. If I don't go they will not order blood wor****il I go there. When I go I see Dietition and talk for 15 minutes in and out, then go see Practitioner for 15 minutes and done. I wish we could video chat for Appointment. It seems like so far to go for half hour.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?