lekoleko’s Posts

lekoleko
on 8/19/20 10:10 am
Topic: RE: LAP assisted ERP via blind stomach

Hello All,

Please can anyone chime in, and thanks in advance. I have blockage in my bile ducts, no gallbladder, but I guess stones are still producing. Doc says he can only access ducts via blind stomach. This has me very concerned, as it may be a tricky procedure with my new "highway" system in there now. GB was removed in '98, and RNY happened 2012. Only symptoms i have are tummy pain, especially when empty. No jaundice or weightloss (I wish) or anything else. I have been checked for ulcers, endoscopies, etc. Redflags were my high enzyme levels. Please advise and thanks again

lekoleko
on 4/11/15 10:58 am
Topic: RE: diagnosed with breast cancer this past monday

Yes i believe its low although i must research on how to decipher all the lab scores. Or ranges. They are testing me for the brca genes but looks like mastectomy is what docs are leaning towards. mri is monday so still not sure if i will need chemo. Its funny when doc asked if i felt tired re: low ironsymptoms. And i thought, "me tired, mom of 4, full time job, wife...i dont know any other way to be!" And i mean that with all sincerety.  Oh and i am ER neg, PR pos, and HER2 neg.

lekoleko
on 4/11/15 10:18 am

Thank u Paula. did u have to build up ur iron stores, or any other deficiencies u may have had? Oncologist wants me to do iron infusions. Im glad he was keen on that

lekoleko
on 4/11/15 10:14 am

Thank u sydneyluv.  I really appreciate  ur support and sharing with me ur  experience.  

lekoleko
on 4/5/15 5:30 am

Oh thank u. Thx for ur time and prayers. This website is so uplifting. I am definitely finding strength thru all these heartfelt mssgs and wealth of advice. I reallyappreciate it

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 11:49 pm

Tears of joy. Yes the support truly helps. And i thank u. I am prepared to fight this. I will keep u all posted.  The support here is amazing. Thanks again

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 8:09 am
Thank u skinny scientist will def refer back to ur advice
lekoleko
on 4/4/15 5:45 am

Thank u so much all the love and support on here is just what i needed!!!

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 5:45 am
lekoleko
on 4/4/15 1:44 am

Ohhhh thank u thank u Chris. Ive been researching this having cancer postop wls and not much out there. Shouldve been on these boards from the getgo. Thank u for all the great info. The day they did my biopsy and found the calcifications  that were suspicious  i kinda knew. U kno like a sixth sense. I had a dream the night prior to recieving the docs call. I dreamt the doc told me i had breast cancer and i needed a masectomy. I am at peace and ready to fight this "bully!" I have a strong faith in the Lord because i cant do it any other way. And when i told my four kids, a big weight just lifted. Because like any mom, they are my everything. My hubby is a great support and now i have u and great support via OH. This is such a whole other world. Makes u appreciate life that much more sorry to ramble. Thanks again Have  a wonderful day.

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 12:38 am

Thank u Ashley. I really appreciate it. Are u really in Belgium? Soooo cool!!

lekoleko
on 4/3/15 11:56 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Thanks for the love n support

lekoleko
on 4/3/15 11:53 pm

Thank u Lora great advice. I am so grateful. Been researching breast cancer postop wls, and i havent found much out there. OH is a wealth of info, because of wonderful folks like u. Thanks

lekoleko
on 4/3/15 11:49 pm

Thank u for theencouragement.  Its a whole other world. And i havent even started this journey yet . I appreciate the kind words.

lekoleko
on 4/3/15 10:59 pm

Hello all. Its been awhile. Had rny in 2012 lost 130 lbs. Gained a lil back. But still trying to make it to goal and now got the bad news of having breast cancer. ready  to fight it with all i got. I just worry about not absorbing meds, and low vitamin levels with an already altered digestive system. Anyone go thru this experience? How was ur treatment plan? Vitamin levels, did u gain or lose? Just reallyconcerned what my treatment plan'll look like since having wls. Thank u

lekoleko
on 3/18/14 2:08 pm
Topic: RE: ECRP

Thanks for the input.  Yes the nurse did say he has done this procedure on postop wls patients. And that for us who have had wls, we stay in hospital overnite for observation, whereas non wls patients usually are on an outpatient basis.

lekoleko
on 3/18/14 2:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hope all is well with u since having the ercp. Appreciate the kind reply. 

lekoleko
on 3/18/14 2:00 am

Good Morning All,

Well heres an update to all the tummy pain I've been having. 

First off had RNY Oct of 2012 went from 330 to now 207, still trying to get to goal, and I am 5-8.

Nurse says tummy pain may be due to narrowing bile ducts.  Something common in folks who no longer have gallbladder, which mine came out in '98.  I've been researching this procedure, but wanted to know of others who have had it, and what did recovery look like, and if any side effects.  Nurse says the doc is experienced with folks who've had WLS as our anatomy makes the procedure a bit difficult.  Says that doc makes for provisions for drainage away from the pancreas, to not disturb it, and worse not result in pancreatitis.  So now i am on protonix, she will check my liver stats, and probably the next time they call me will be to schedule the ECRP.  Please advise, and as always thanks for input, time, advice, prayers....thank you

lekoleko
on 3/1/14 7:45 am
lekoleko
on 3/1/14 7:42 am
Topic: RE: how fast does our body absorb vitamins?

Thank u...i learn more here than anywhere else.

lekoleko
on 3/1/14 12:02 am
Topic: RE: how fast does our body absorb vitamins?

Good morning all. I drink a protein shake first thing in the morning and take my a.m. meds as well. Im wondering if my body absorbs the meds, because sorry tmi, i sometimes have a bm soon after like within 15-20 mins after. Please advise thanks for all advice

lekoleko
on 2/18/14 12:21 am
Topic: RE: Out of Control

Love indian, ur funny. I did the same too, thought i couldnt live without popeyes chicken but its kinda true outta sight outta mind. I need to use that with other junk i eat. But totally relate to ur situation. The thought of the new eating postop seemed so suffocating.  I constantly  asked my frriend who was postop, will i ever enjoy food again, and she said yes. Just in small portions. And now i am 15mos postop rny started at 330 now at 209 im 5-8 still not at goal, but i wont give up trying. Also ur tastebuds may change. Ive probably had popeyes twice since surg. And dont crave it. And had just a drummette. U will do great. Baby steps. See u on the losers bench!!! 

lekoleko
on 2/18/14 12:10 am
Topic: RE: Out of Control

Love indian dishes may i ask which dishes do u eat? Was even lookin into crockpot recipes.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views