Sleep Apnea blood sugar and new CPAP machine

akringtan
on 1/22/19 9:49 am

I recently updated my CPAP machine for sleep apnea. I went to a new auto CPAP that varies the air pressure as determined to be optimum by the CPAP machine. After I wake up the auto CPAP machine allows me to analyze my breathing while I slept with my smart phone or on my computer using Sleepyhead software. With the new machine the amount of air pressure put out by the machine has automatically increased over what my old, non-automatic machine did. I have also noticed that my BS levels as per my CGM vary a lot less and remain steadier at night and with this I have been able to slightly reduce my Lantus insulin intake by about 5% and my Humalog by about 30-50%. Has anyone else experienced an improvement of BS levels and a slight reduction of insulin intake with an auto-CPAP?

Liz J.
on 1/24/19 2:31 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Didn't know they had an auto-cpap! I might have to see about an upgrade!

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

TheWombat
on 5/10/19 8:20 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I'm not surprised that your BS levels have improved. Stress tends to drive BS up, and if you're breathing better on the new machine, your body is probably under less stress.

jmk187
on 7/1/19 1:07 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

I have been using a auto cpap machine for the last 6 months or so. It has been a very slow go trying to use my machine. I just don't think cpap is for me. I have always had sleeping issues..insomnia..and a very sensitive sleeper. Having to try to fall asleep with a mask on my face makes those issues worse. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea for about 8 years and it was the same thing before as well..and i eventually stopped using my machine. I had to goto my sleep doctor for the pre-surgery stuff..and of course he did another sleep study...and of course the sleep study found my sleep apnea was really bad..Even though i'm pretty sure I didnt fall asleep at all during the study. Yet they say i slept over 6 hours. I was just laying there with my eyes shut. Anyways I have a follow up appointment weds. Not looking forward to it.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/19 3:46 am

That's not good... I am having similar issues, and I know how it feels

Most Active