Just Some Questions?

Susan D.
on 7/1/04 8:37 pm - Sarasota, FL
I am in the Pre-Op stage of WLS. ill be going to my pulmnary consult next week. I am not sure what to exspect. I have read alot on these boards on what some went through. I think I might have sleep apnea as well. I have never seen anyone about it. But mine symptoms goes both ways.I am constantly tired all the time. Its very hard for me to wake up. My fiancee says he has seen me "what looked like I would stop breathing", scary! But then often, no matter how tired I am, I can't fall asleep. And I always wake up at least one time, for some reason, but fall back asleep. My PCP doc prescribed a sleeping pill to help me stay asleep longer. Question? If they say I have sleep apnea, does this put off my surgery date at all? *~ Worried*~ *~Susan~*
cierad11
on 7/4/04 9:32 am - cleveland, OH
HI SUSAN MY NAME IS EBONY,AND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.MOST SURGEONS LIKE FOR YOU TO BE ON C-PAP FOR 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR SURGERY.C-PAP IS A MACHINE THAT HELPS YOU BREATH WHILE YOU SLEEP .IF YOU HAVE SLEEP APNEA YOU WILL BE PUT ON THIS MACHINE. I HOPE I WAS ABLE TO HELP ANSWER YOUR QUESTION AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Most Active