New To This Forum

Nekita
on 9/3/04 2:54 am - Raleigh, NC
Well, I went last night for my Sleep Study at Franklin Regional. Casey the Sleep Tech is a Doll!! Boy, it was a very different experience. nothing bad though. After finally getting to sleep, I kept knocking off the pulse indicator on my finger. That was funny. When I woke up, she indicated that I had the most dreams of anybody she had ever seen. I honestly don't remember one. Anywhoooo, I have to come back on Monday to sleep with the CPAP. I was wondering how this will play into the scheduling of my surgery. Just wanted to say hi!!
Lisa-G
on 9/3/04 3:45 am - Spartanburg, SC
Hi Nekita, Welcome to the SA board. It all depends on your surgeon as to how it will fit into your scheduling. Call his office and ask someone. It did not affect my date 9/14 and I just received my CPAP this Tuesday. I will have to take my CPAP to the hospital with me. Take care, Lisa
E D.
on 9/3/04 2:56 pm
HI Nekita, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and Welcome! I looked at your page and I did not see and approval yet. If you have sleep apnea it will help you get your approval. It wont effect your surgery. Just make sure your surgeon knows you have a CPAP so you can use it in recovery after your surgery. GOOD LUCK. Liz
Nekita
on 9/7/04 2:25 am - Raleigh, NC
Well I went to the second night of my study. I had to sleep with the of a machine, the CPAP. OMG, it was not as bad as I imagined. The sleep tech Casey said that I did wonderful with the whole thing and slept like a BABY!!! The most she had to push the pressure to was around 10. I spoke with my surgeons office and they indicated that I had to have four weeks of compliance with the CPAP before my surgery. I am going to do what I need to do to get this show on the road. Kita
Most Active