Question Regarding Machine

Dawn W.
on 10/9/04 3:41 pm - LaPorte, IN
I have a C-pap machine and I am having problems. The first problem is it leave a horrible red sore on the bridge of my nose. Is it not fitted properly. Also I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I am choking/drowning when I take the mask off water poors out of it. The mask only covers my nose. What should I do ! Please help!
Irene M.
on 10/10/04 2:07 pm - Plano, TX
Call the company who delivered your machine. They should be able to help you, your mask may not fit properly. They should bring several different mask to your home, they should be able to help you with any problems you encounter.
vicki in indy
on 10/10/04 11:41 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Make sure you have not overfilled your humidifier. And I keep my humidifier lower than my bed so that a siponhing effect doesn't occor. Also you could have the humidity level too high on the heater, turn it down a bit. As far as the bridge of your nose, sounds like you don't have your headgear adjusted properly.. Call the provider and have them help you with this. There are also spacers on some headgear that fits on the bridge area and cuhsions this area. Ask them about that. You shouldn't be having these problems. so don't think that it is something you have to endure. Getting a good fit and the proper humidity is crucial in the success of your using the CPAP. Don't give up till they get you set up properly. Good Luck Vicki in Indy
sspev
on 10/14/04 11:14 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Hi, I've been on c-pap for over 5 years. Most of the time (spring, summer, fall) I have water in the humidifier, but I don't turn it on. It still provides humidity. We sleep with our windows open year-round (WA state), so in fall and winter, it can get quite cold in our bedroom. I have a polyester quilted hose sleeve that I purchased from c-papman.com. It keeps the hose a bit warmer, so the condensation isn't a factor. Also, be sure that your machine and humidifier are lower than your bed. As far as pressure on the bridge of your nose, you may have your mask fitted too tight. I use a "mirage" mask, which has a double air cushion, and is designed to rest lightly on your face -- if it's too tight, you get leaks. Of course, your mask may be designed differently. I echo the other advice -- get back with the supplier; they need to assist you to solve all your issues -- they certainly collected enough $ off your equipment! Email me if you have other questions! Susan
philomena
on 12/7/04 6:50 am - Anonymous, MN
I agree with the thing about over filling and keeping the machine lower than the bed. Very important. I've also found that in some times of the year and more humid climates, it's more of a problem for some reason. Also make sure you don't accidentally allow water into the machine or hoses at all when refilling or reconnecting the humidifier.
Most Active