Headaches are too often

valerie V.
on 11/6/04 9:08 am - lowville, NY
I have sleep apnea.My snoring keeps me awake, as well as it keeps hubby awake.but,i am waking up almost EVERY am with a terriable headach.I have had this for years but never this frequently.I even get sick to my stomach from the severity of the headach.Any suggestions?
CuteDonna
on 11/9/04 12:37 am - Effort, PA
Do you have a CPAP machine? If not then get one and if you do have a CPAP machine then I suggest you go see your PCP as it might be something else causing the headaches. Donna
Donald S.
on 12/4/04 11:39 pm - Ormond Beach, FL
It's good that you know you have sleep apnea. AM headaches are a very common symptom. Other symptoms are VERY loud snoring (like you mentioned), dry mouth, frequently have to go to the restroom at night, teeth grinding while sleeping, suddenly waking up feeling like you cant breathe. Have you been to a physican about this? Untreated sleep apnea can cause serious health issues. If you havn't had a sleep study, or are using CPAP, I strongly urge you to look into it. BTW, I have SEVERE sleep apena over 87 interuptions a hour (over 30 is considered severe). I am using CPAP, and very actively involved in my treatment (through gaining knowledge, questions, ongoing personal assessment). Ergo, I am NOT a physican, and I'm not giving you medical advice. This a friendly word, from someone who knows. I hope you will post to let us know how things are going. All the Best, Don
Most Active