Vent ~ Now What do I do?!?!

T. Orient
on 12/9/04 8:00 am - Redford, MI
Hi! I'm sure my story is the same ol' one. I went for testing for Sleep Apena since I'm trying to get WLS and now need to get a CPAP machine. I want to get one... I'll adjust to sleeping with it, etc. I know I have to have one. I work in the Dental Dept. @BCBSM and obviously am an employee. My medical insurance coverage is PPO (MasterMedical). This means that all of my Dr's, etc. have been billing BC, BC is sending me the check (minus my copay, deductible, etc) and then I pay the bill that comes from the offices. No problem. The big problem (and I see their side) is that the places selling the CPAP machines want approx. $1400 upfront from me then have BC have pay me. I don't have $1400, I don't have $200. My husband has been off work for the last 4 months (plus we just got married) so I'm the only one bringing in any money. We just had to file for bankrupcty. What do I do? I'm hoping that after the surgery I will no longer need it. Thanks for listening and sorry to be a bummer.
jh
on 12/9/04 9:49 am - jamestown, MO
When I had to get CPAP, I did not have to pay it all up front, it was submitted to the insurance company as a monthly rental (about $135/month or something like that), and then after a certain number of months, I am now the owner of the machine and there is no more rent. Maybe the durable med equipment place would consider doing that. Good luck. If you have any allergies or sinus trouble at all, be sure they give you one with a humidifier built in (your doctor has to prescribe it, but mine was no problem on that). Since I have had this, I hardly ever have sinus problems of any consequence. Good luck - hope something works out for you.
Shelly LaChance
on 12/10/04 1:57 am - Chester, IL
Mine is the same as JH said good luck to you hope you get your cpap I can really tell I feel so good now...shelly
Most Active