Tonight's the night!

slickgt
on 1/4/05 12:53 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Ok, I got my CPAP today so tonight will be the first night at home with it. I'm excited and hoping to get a really good nights sleep for a change. Ed
Mary Jo
on 1/4/05 1:33 pm - Oakdale, MN
Hope it goes well for you! You are probably pounding your ear about now, since it's so late. Did you get the nasal pillows or a regular mask that goes over your nose? I'm new at this, as well, but I have a little claustrophobia to deal with before I'll be using it 100% of the time. Good luck, Ed... MJ
Shelly LaChance
on 1/4/05 9:44 pm - Chester, IL
Well Ed do tell how did it go... I may have to have a new test done they don't think mine is set where it should be it's at 13 and I'm snoring so got a chin strap and still make the sound LOL but I may be getting my surgery soon so may not miss with a new test will have to wait and see what calls I get today..good luck shelly
Gregory T.
on 1/5/05 2:26 am - Harper Woods, MI
Good luck with it Ed. I found mine to be a great comfort when I first got it and never had any trouble getting used to wearing the mask. Now I'm just a short time away from having it removed due to the weight loss. I feel really good. So there is hope. Greg
slickgt
on 1/5/05 1:03 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Well, the first night went pretty good. I have the nasal pillows and they seem comfortable except I had the straps pulled way too tight and my nose and upper lip were sore when I woke up. I also had strap marks on my face, so yes, I guess I had it a little tight. I didn't realize some air comes out of those vents in front too. I was concerned about that, but called the DME today and they told me that was normal. They also told me with the nasal pillows you don't have to worry about getting such a tight seal around your nose. I woke up a couple times throughout the night but kept them in. I didn't feel much different in the morning. How long does it take before you notice a difference in your fatigue? My setting is 11 (I thought it was going to be 17, but I was wrong) and I used a heat setting of 1 last night. Tonight I'm going to try a heat setting of 2. Wishing all a restful sleep Ed
Shelly LaChance
on 1/27/05 9:33 pm - Chester, IL
Well look at ED he has a face nice to see you..Hows your cpap doing ?? I feel great with mine but last night had a hard time with it ...
Most Active