Recent Posts

toodlerue
on 4/7/18 10:20 pm
RNY on 05/16/18
Topic: RE: CPAP and Surgeon Approval?

It took me 2 years to get use to sleeping with my Cpap. Don't give up so soon!

Pupie15
on 12/16/17 3:07 am
Topic: RE: Free Cpap Machine

I really need a cpap machine my insurance will not pay for it . My weight has increase and my snoring has gotten worst .In the morning I am very tired. I am will to pay up to 100.00 I feel my health is getting worst my sugar was at 98 now I have been checking it and it has gone up to 120 -155 last time I took it. Am always tired from the time I get up in the morning...please I i really need a cpap machine...can't afford a new machine...

Greciacedano
on 10/23/17 5:33 pm
Topic: RE: Home Sleep test

I have the CPAP auto machine too. It's super uncomfortable and that's why I did not have to do my study in the lab.

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/17 11:26 am

Thank you for your reply. I have been using it steadily this week, and sure have noticed a difference in clarity. I had got so used to having brain fog all the time, it's nice to feel fully alert again.

HonestOmnivore
on 9/20/17 8:22 am
RNY on 03/29/17
Topic: Stomach air?

This past week I've started getting air pushed into my stomach. I don't know what's changing but it's really miserable.

Has anyone experienced this as they've lost weight? I'm wondering if my pressure is too high now that my weight is down over 50 lbs (I'm at 155lbs now).

I was hoping to delay having another sleep study until I've gotten closer to my goal weight...

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

HonestOmnivore
on 9/19/17 8:56 am
RNY on 03/29/17

My surgeon didn't check my CPAP for compliance but that might be because my sleep study doctor has been tracking it and I'm super compliant.

I can't encourage you enough to start using it every single time you sleep, and use it the entire time. You are literally KILLING BRAIN CELLS when you don't, not to mention damaging your heart, liver and kidneys. The discipline of forcing yourself to use the CPAP is good training for the self discipline needed post weight loss surgery.

You can do this, your brain will thank you!!!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/17 6:28 am
Topic: CPAP and Surgeon Approval?

Hello,

I would like to know a bit about how the surgeon approves a person with sleep apnea? My bariatric physician advised me that I will not be approved by the surgeon if I am not using my CPAP every night. Let me give you some quick background -

I have had two sleep studies earlier this year and it was found that I have severe sleep apnea. It was 118/hour and went to 1.4 with the CPAP. I hated sleeping with it though, and had rented the "grey cube", the Dream Station, now I own the ResMed.

I purchased my CPAP two weeks ago and it shows I've been using it 9/14 nights, and only 1/14 for 4h+.

I am definitely getting my butt in gear and going to use it every night, the entire night; but I'm worried that I won't be approved because the surgeon won't think I've been using it as I should. How does s/he verify this?

cabin111
on 9/1/17 10:19 am
Topic: RE: Dropped the mask and am using the mouthpiece...

I'll see the sleep doctor next week. He will decide whether a new sleep study is necessary. If the insurance approves it, I'll do it. If not...No more studies.

Kath L
on 9/1/17 8:17 am
Topic: RE: Anyone have to go between a nose and face mask?

I use the nose piece and love it. I sometimes use some decongestant nose spray before bed to clear my sinuses. If you are gasping for air, it could be that your mouth is coming open during the night. My doctor told me that if that happens, I am to up the humidity in the unit. I think mine sits at a 2.5. If the nose piece is the correct size with no leaking, it should be more comfortable than the face mask. The face masks I have seen only cover your nose anyway. They are just more awkward.

Kath L
on 9/1/17 8:12 am
Topic: RE: Dropped the mask and am using the mouthpiece...

Before you self-diagnose yourself and switch to the mouth piece, I would recommend you return to your doctor and have a new sleep study done. Maybe you don't need it ... maybe you need the mask with the pressurized air ... only your doctor should be telling you what to do.

Most Active