Cooking for Husband after my WLS

Kim B.
on 4/6/13 11:42 pm - worthington, OH
RNY on 04/15/13

I've always done all the cooking in our household, or ordering out mostly.  This is how we gained so much weight. My husband has fibro and barely is able to do things as it is.  I'm concerned about life after WLS, and how meals are going to be done.  I don't want to cook all this food, potatoes or pasta that I can't eat, and don't want to be near.  I've tried giving him smaller portions of things while preparing for my change.  He goes and grabs a bag of chips or ice cream after dinner.  He says he can cook for himself, which I know won't happen.  Does anyone have any advice on how to cook meals for both of us?  Besides just cooking 4X as much food?

PetHairMagnet
on 12/19/13 7:32 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband had his surgery first and I started making things like Mockzanya and it was fine for me to eat pre-op and for him to eat post-op. I would not be making him things he should not be eating anyway, like starchy carbs. There is no reason he can't eat whatever you are eating and I'd stop buying chips and ice cream. You do not need those things hanging around your home, IMO.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5258 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5946 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7140 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6884 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6928 views