For you Teens out there!

Timothy S.
on 9/15/10 2:29 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
If your a teen and reading this, then one thought I am sure you have is, "It sucks ass being over weight."  Maybe not so colorful, but it's honest. 

I didn't have much interest in adults telling me what to read or do, or say when i was young.  It was hard to make anyone really understand anything...

Your not alone in the world.  I hope your way becomes visible some how.  I hope the crap you have to take on a daily basis doesn't make you too bitter.  Fight the good fight and win with honor.  Don't give up...

Tim S.

"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 4:25 am
Hey Tim,

You hit the nail on the head!  My biggest fear was my own daughter would also be fat -- I was fat, will I pass it on to my children?!  Yup, my daughter WAS fat, was teased, and was miserable.  I was not mean to her, did not restrict food, but tried to help her.

My daughter just turned 20, I am a very PROUD mother of a kid who BEAT FAT, and is very active now, mainly because of BREAKFAST and MILD exercise (walking to school).

Kate, my daughter, was 286 pounds in the first year of High School.  She wanted a change, so we both worked together to help her.  By the end of tenth grade, she was 175 pounds at 5' 10" -- pretty normal weight!  She is now in college getting her AA in Applied Science, and thinking about a Four Year Degree.

Being a Fat Kid isn't the worst thing in life - believe it or not!  You can be ACTIVE, just get out there, even if it is only walking a few miles a day.  I swam 6 days a week as a kid -- guess what I do as an adult???  I swim 5 days a week - and I will always fighting obesity.

Hang in there, and remember, be PROUD of who you are!
Brenda : )~
Most Active