19 year old rny hopeful.. feeling alone.

vivalasmeggas
on 8/9/11 4:54 am - pleasant hill, CA
I know there are a few scattered topics on here of people discussing teens getting wls, but I'm still feeling kind of alone. Are there really that many people in my age group doing this? I feel like Im the only one. Everyone that I know of who has gotten wls, is at least 27. I am looking for some buddies on here who just gets it...

I have been lurking on website for a while now, and Idk I'm deciding to come out of the shadows. I am starting up college in a few weeks, and would really be interested in any ideas you all have on how to still do the college thing, while having a rny. I have not gotten my date yet, but i am seeing my surgeon tomorrow, and I will set up an appointment after that to get my date.
"The fishermen know the sea is dangerous and the storms are 
terrible, but they have never found this sufficient reason to remain 
on shore." - Vincent Van Gogh 

Ashley O.
on 8/11/11 7:49 pm
hey(: i'm 15. i actually just got my surgery date about a week ago. my surgerys on the 19th. i turn 16 on the 22nd. haha. i'm having the VSG.

I know what you mean.. theres not many people on here that are younger and having any type of weight loss surgery.. but i've met a few that are.

not too sure about college and wls.. other than make sure you give yourslef enough recovery time. and get yourself into a good pattern with preop/postop diets and try to stick to them.. i'm on my preop diet now. its not as hard for me as some people have made it seem. hopefully it wont be for you, either.

good luck! i hpoe you get a date soon and i wish you the best. (: feel free to pm me if you want some time.

-ashley.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

FitRD
on 8/24/11 3:16 am
 Ashley, I just was wondering if you had a date set and what was happening for you? Being a teen is hard enough without having to go through all this. Anyway, I know it may seem like there are not many people out there responding so I wanted to respond to you. Even if there are a lot of old folks like myself...well we all had to get here after being a teen. I remember being alone as a teen and people used to say they were the best years of your life...thank goodness they turned out wrong and the best was yet to come. Congratulations on getting a new start and being on your way to a new and healthier you. If I can help you, please write and please don't feel alone...funny thing about feeling alone is there's a whole lot of people feeling alone and if they could feel alone together..well then they wouldn't be alone...all the best to you and I hope for all your dreams to come true! FitRD
michelleharris
on 9/18/11 1:39 pm - spangdahlem, Germany
Hi My son who is 19 yrs old also just graduated from high school this yr and will have surgery wed he is excited . He has lived his whole life over weight and i am hoping that this will help give him more confidence in himself. I know how it feels to be the biggest person in the room. I had gastric bypass a few yrs back and i feel so good . I will never allow myself to get that big again. I am hoping it will help him with the foot pains, backaches and other problems he has had . If you want to chat with him his name is durriel harris .and feel free to ask me any questions.
michelle harris
chunkymonkey1991
on 11/2/11 10:50 pm
 I'm 20 and a junior in college and I had the sleeve 3 months ago in august. I can give you some good tips about living with bariatric surgery in college if you're interested. I also just started a blog to document my journey and thoughts about my weight loss surgery. I hope I can help!

www.chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

lindsayslosing
on 12/9/11 3:06 am - OK
I'm 20 and going through insurance process to get the sleeve! You aren't alone . Message me if you need someone to talk to!
Most Active