Recent Posts

Stellanet
on 2/6/19 8:54 am - Silex, MO
Topic: RE: Question About Challenges Faced by Parents of Obese Children

Kristin,

Do you still need someone to do this survey? I have an 11 year old grandson that weighs 185. I will take it if you need me to still.

danmarc
on 10/29/18 6:19 am
Topic: RE: Question About Challenges Faced by Parents of Obese Children

I hope the survey is shorter. I don't have children yet but I think I can share some info attesting my parent's opinions. Anyway, I hope you'll be able to gather all the information that you need.

ksmith3
on 10/19/17 1:22 pm
Topic: Question About Challenges Faced by Parents of Obese Children

Hello! My name is Kristin and I am a master's student at the Georgia Institute of Technology. I am working on a design project to assist parents of overweight and obese children and am researching some challenges that parents face. If you have overweight or obese children or if you suffered from overweight/obesity as a child, and would like to take this 20-30 minute anonymous survey, I would greatly appreciate it!

https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dogPHkFLuaHhFVX

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/16 10:11 pm
Topic: RE: Please help me with my diabetic 15 yo daughter

Hello LibraGirl, I hope your daughter will recover from diabetes and overweight soon. There are fruits which are considered useful in diabetes and obesity. Such as Bitter-gourd, Aloe Vera, and Nopal. These has 0% side effects. Think about giving your daughter half a cup of Organic Nopal Juice every day. It contains 16 amino acids which helps in losing weight and it is very beneficial for reducing blood sugar levels.

Teena D.
on 3/24/16 9:52 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17
Topic: RE: test

Not sure what you were testing....

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Navychic
on 1/11/16 10:52 am
RNY on 02/09/15
Topic: test

test

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

mrmgreene
on 7/7/15 1:31 pm
Topic: RE: I've got to get some help for my teen

I would love to tell you about my experience and how i was able to lose weight.  There are some key elements to controlling body weight yet the general public is unaware there are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat.  With out this cornerstone knowlege one can't lose weight.  As well the resing metabolic rate must be established.  I will tell your son exactly how to lose weight and I will gladly do it for free out of the kindness of my heart but hopefully that little bit helps.  You son's current resing rate is probaly 2,000 cals roughly then add another 800 for normal daily activity.   That is 2800 cals, lets round up to 3,000 due to his current weight being 330.  So lets so your son can eat 3,000 cals a day and stay the same weight if he does not work out.  If he eats 2,000 cals a day and does not work out he will be at a 1,000 deficit every day and lose 1 pound of fat every 3.5 days.  If he works out, cardio only, lifting weights is counter productive, if he does cardio only, tell him its all about the breathing, he must flood body with oxygen while doing cardio and he will burn only fat, so if he does heavy breathing hard aerobic exercise 30 min every day 7 days a week good pace heavy breathing he will burn 400 cals roughtly so thats 3,000 plus 400 is 3400 then he eats 2,000 thats 1400 deficit a day which is losing a pound of fat every 2.25 days roughly, also doing cardio hard 7 days a week for 30 min will change the body completly and begin the transformation.  He must prepare his foods at the beginning and eat oatmeal, grilled chicken, fish, steak, vegetables no breads no sugar drink only water.  This way works.  He will get results.  This info is very valuable and i hope it helps, definitily no surgury.

Respectfully,

Michael

Debbi1025
on 2/27/15 12:51 am
Topic: RE: I've got to get some help for my teen

bummer, I didn't realize of inactive this board was....

Debbi1025
on 2/27/15 12:49 am
Topic: I've got to get some help for my teen

No idea how to help my teen.  My 15 year old has gained 50 lbs in one year.  He gained 25-30 lbs per year the previous 2 years.  He is 6 foot 1 inch and around 330 lbs. 

I have been on him to eat healthier and to weigh himself. He doesn't listen and constantly defies me on everything including his eating.  He has serious impulse control issues and ADHD.  When he comes off his medicine in the evening, he gets impulsive and obsessed with eating, whether it be the leftovers for his dads lunch, or making 3 sandwiches when I'm out of the room.  I can lock the fridge and pantry, but he just busts it open.

He was physically active before this last year.  He had a serious leg break and missed out of Football.  Then he got a concussion at the start of wrestling and has been out all season.  We are getting his brain tested on Wed.

Going back to his pediatrician on Monday.  I'm sure she will run a battery of tests to rule everything out again and tell us he needs to eat healthy.  We know that.  I can't get him to comply.

I wonder if a teen support group would help (can't find one). I don't think OA would help him. 

Any ideas on what else to do? 

Most Active