Questions/Input needed re: calories, exercise, heart rate

duckheadz
on 1/12/12 2:09 am - MN
Well I just dropped under 200 pounds and have lost 80 pounds.  I am so excited!! I am starting the new year with my next goal in mind, dropping another 40 pounds.  My weight loss has significantly slowed in the past month, still losing but more like a pound a week instead of 2-3.  I did eat more carbs/sweets over the holidays so I equate that result with those actions and I have cracked back down on my eating, avoiding sweets and packing in the protein.  That said, I feel some confusion about how much I'm eating and what I am burning. 

I did online calculations for just basic guidelines and for my height adn weight it shows that I probably burn about 1600 calories a day.  I eat around 700 calories per day and exercise 20 minutes doing Jillian Michaels dvd's burning about 200 calories I am guessing, so my net is about 500 calories per day.  That puts me at a calorie deficit of 1100 per day, 7700 per week, roughly 2 pounds of weight.  Last week I followed all that to the letter and gained 3 pounds.  GAINED 3 pounds.  So I'm in kind of a panic about it, wondering if I will lose anymore weight or if my body has found a happy spot to sit.  I know that's not an uncommon fear, and the only way I know to fight through it is to keep eating right and working out harder. I have increased my workout intensity significantly and added in a lunch hour walk.  All that said to just simply ask - has anyone had actual tests done to find out how many calories you burn in a day? I worry my metabolism has tanked and I'm burning less than the 1600 that is average for my size.

Heart rate - I find it is super hard to get my heart rate elevated now. I used to get sweaty and out of breath cleaning my house for an hour, it was a workout. Now I never break a sweat cleaning, running up and down my stairs, etc. I do a lot of running around at work in the afternoon, all over our office which is 3 floors of an office building and never get out of breath. So that is good i guess, i'm more fit, but good grief, it's just really hard to imagine burning enough calories doing that stuff when it doesn't seem to tax my body AT ALL. 

So ya, any info or advice anyone has, I have an open ear. :) 
VSG Surgery Date 7/18/11    19 pounds lost pre-surgery  

End of 2011 Goal - 200  
tanieanie
on 2/16/12 8:16 am - WI
Hello,  I feel for you.  I have been there.  Done everything right only to show a couple of pound gain.   I have a few thoughts.....  Could be water gain and if this is the case one morning and it will all be gone plus some.   Could it be close to that time of the month?  That also is a time that often see unexplained weight gain.  Are  you getting in enough protein?  Ive noticed when I start skimping on protein no matter how low my calories...my weight loss comes to a halt!   The good news is one day you will get on the scale and find that it has started moving again.  Congrats on your success so far and on your successes to come.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4289 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8540 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8073 views