depression/anxiety medication ??

alicia601
on 3/24/11 7:16 am - NY
did anyone end up increasing their depression/anxiety medication since having VSG ?

Kelley_S
on 3/24/11 7:21 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
my depression meds have stayed the same, but I have increased my anxiety meds. My therapist warned me that would/could happen. I used food to cope with anxiety and emotions before and I wasn't going to have that available to me anymore after surgery.

She was right. Though I learn better habits day by day. I try to incorporate more exercise into my routine to help.

mickidee23
on 3/24/11 7:56 am
I thought I might have to up the anxiety meds at first, but now at 6 weeks out I seem to be settling down. I hope...
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

bublegirl1
on 3/24/11 8:21 am
RNY on 11/10/14
Mine got so bad I had to increase from 20mg to 40mg of Paxil. I also had a medication added at bedtime to help.

-Amie

carabarnes
on 3/24/11 9:22 am
Mine were all increased! I won't even put myself out there and tell you what I'm taking but I'm at max capacity.

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

njmom5870
on 3/24/11 9:29 am
It happened to me after the surgery but after a couple months, I went back down.  The surgery throws your body into a real hodge podge of emotions...  It gets better. 
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

alicia601
on 3/24/11 9:42 am - NY
the reason I am asking is because I had my effexor xr increased from 150 to 225 and I am also on cymbalta 30 mg and Im thinking that might have to be increased also. I been depressed since the surgery. Part of me is missing food, the other part of me gets scared of change ( good or bad ) .. this is a BIG change and my body is adjusting but mentally I cant grab it yet. I just wanted to see if the surgery affected other ppl like myself. I appreciate all of you that responded. I think I will be talking to my doctor about also increasing my cymbalta to 60 mg. Maybe once I adjust mentally more I can decrease back to what doses I was taking prior to surgery. I am only 7.5 weeks post op so I know I am still pretty early out and that the emotions and hormones are all over and that isnt helping with my mental stability either

happyjumpy
on 3/24/11 11:15 am - santa barbara, CA
i remember some extra moodiness and irregular periods in the first few months, and reading on here that this is common due to extrogen being released in high doses as weight falls off quickly.
VSG 5/17/10 HW 298 GW 145 CW 143
Kathie 

‎"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anais Nin  
jentle01
on 3/24/11 10:16 am
I have always struggled with depression, but had never received treatment for it.  I am thinking now, since my surgery, I really need to start taking something to cope.  I am concerned because my new tummy has a difficult time with medication. 

Darci1972
on 3/24/11 10:30 am - Grand Rapids, MI
My first two weeks were at times rocky. There were 2 or 3 days where I did feel the need to take an xtra 1/2 pill of my SSRI. ...
 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME
I'm not perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for
5'6" HW 269 (on 2/14/11)----SW 262
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views