soooo amazed! BP norm!

yankeeblue08
on 3/26/11 4:59 am - Roseville, MI
I have had high blood pressure for about 25 years now.  I have been on two different meds per day. One of them was at the highest dose allowed.  My "norm" was about 155/95.  that's where it pretty much stayed all the time, but I have seen it go up to as high as 174/106.   When I would go to the Dr, they always questioned my BP, but I would just let them know, that was normal for me.
until my Sleeve......
right after surgery, I came off of my secondary bp meds.  As of three days ago.. I am off all my BP meds.!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so used to being on them, that honestly, it feels weird not to take them and Im scared something is going to happen.  The opposite started happening.  I was feeling dizzy, and lightheaded at times, so my surgeon and GP told me it might be my bp meds are no longer needed.  so I went off and here are my results..
So far all three days, we have been taking my bp about every three hours just to make sure (partly because I can't believe it).  my readings have been:
125/70         121/65        120/72     120/64    those are just some of the readings.  we are keeping track on a journal.  120/80 is the normal range. 
As my British friend would say,  I AM GOBBSMACKED!!  in total shock and awe!  after spending most of my life with high bp, this is so new to me and so awesome!  maybe no longer do I have to worry about having a stroke or heart attack because of my bp.  I feel so healthy with these readings!   This sleeve surgery is truely a miracle for me!  a life saver!
once again, I am doing the happy dance!!!!  

"Don't tell God how big your mountain is.....tell your mountain how big your God is!"

24 lbs lost pre-op.     My name is Cheryl, and I'm a Sleever!     
100 lbs lost by five months.    
Officially half way to my goal at six months! yay!
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/26/11 5:44 am
 How awesome!  Congrats!  I'm still a pre-op, but some day I want this same result!!  
evilelf
on 3/26/11 5:49 am
I am soo happy for you, I'm also on 2 different meds. I have a surgery date of 4/15, can't wait to be off those pills.
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/11 6:06 am

What a blessing!

Pixie-Power
on 3/26/11 9:08 am - Los Angeles, CA
WHOO HOOO!!!  That is so amzing, isn't it? 

I was taken off my BP meds last month for the same reason: feeling light headed and dizzy.  Been maintaining at around 110/65 ever since! 

Very, very happy for you!

age: 53   5'1" tall   HW=231  SW=216  CW=139.8  GW=130         

Most Active