Sleeved on Thursday and struggling to get my liquids

Beauty_n_Brains
on 3/26/11 9:25 am - Yonkers, NY
Hi everyone I'm struggling a bit here and kind of concerned...I was sleeved on Thursday, discharged today and am on full liquids for 2 wks. Fortunately i am having virtually no pain. I am nervous because I my energy is kind of low and I am having a hard time sipping. I'm finding that when I start sipping I get a temporary stuck feeling in my throat and i have to wait before i can resume. I also get hiccups and feel some mild queasiness. I am able to keep everything down but I'm nervous that I am going to become dehydrated if this keeps up. How long should I expect to feel this way?

Any words of advice from those *****member their early post op days?
Jenn H.
on 3/26/11 10:18 am - Portland, OR
I am only a day earlier than you and I remember feeling like that yesterday.  I can handle more liquids today so long as I am taking small sips.

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

_aprilh_
on 3/26/11 10:54 am - OK
I am right there with you. I just keep sipping. I try to take smaller sips and when it hurts I just wait a little bit longer to take my next sip. I wish I had an answer for us both. Just know you are not alone and each day it should get better as we heel. I hear walking/standing while you drink helps. I'm not so sure, when I walk, it seems to irritate my stomach that much more. I feel like everything in my stomach is going back up my esophagus and the pressure is a killer. I will say a prayer for you and hope it gets better for both of us!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Beauty_n_Brains
on 3/27/11 10:37 am - Yonkers, NY
Thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers. It's great to have people to share this experience with!

Today was much better so I am encouraged to know that this is a one day at a time thing. Sipping while I stand definitely feels better and I diluted my sweet liquids with water because my formerly voracious sweet tooth has pretty much gone away. I am not sure if this is a temporary side effect or a permanent craving loss.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views