Back/hip pain after losing weight?

bravoleader
on 12/28/13 10:04 pm

Thank you for your reply.  Since i posted the original message, i have tried a few things. i went to my doctor and received six lidocane (sic?) injections in my perispinal muscles ( the two long muscles that run vertically along the spine..i just call them the tenderloins..tee hee). three shots on either side. it seemed to help minimize the pain. although it didn't take away all of the pain, i was able to get around better and also take much less medication than i previously was. i also invested in an adjustable sit up bench. i find it much easier to work my core when i,m not on the floor and can lock my feet in place. also, i have consulted my therapist and she said that my posture was contributing to the pain, so i got a back brace from work. i know it looks like a corsette, but it lifts and separates, and I'll be damned if it doesn't work! i just wear a shirt over it so it doesn't show. so far all of these little things have helped.

Good job on the weight loss! I think that it's very important for those of us who have struggled with this monster to be there for each other. I have a brother-in-law who weighs a buck twenty soaking wet with a ball and chain attached who can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. jerk.  although i love the man to death, people who have never faced this monster, no matter their good intentions and cares, can't possibly understand the struggle, both internal and external.

pain definitely has a direct impact on our relationships.  I'm a mean jerk when I'm in pain, even though it's unwarranted.

good luck with your efforts. i will try to let you know if i make anymore progress.

ktfort65
on 3/22/16 11:34 am

Thank you so much for your post. I have been looking all over the internet to understand what has been going on with my spine, hips and pelvis for months! I lost 130 lbs over 2 years and what you described and how you described it sounds like that I am going through and also makes a lot of sense. Thanks again.

happyteacher
on 12/28/13 11:13 pm

Yes, it was an issue for me in those early months.  I no longer have a problem with it though.  I did not do much exercise that was specific to strengthening my back or core, although without a doubt when I took up backpacking that helped.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

imouse1
on 7/19/16 8:59 am

Has there been any update to this?  I am going through a similar issue.

Most Active