The good with the bad!

doingit4good
on 3/28/11 2:16 am - Malone, NY
I have had some issues eating and figuring out what I can eat.  The doctor took away my best friend..food.  LOL   I am still having a hard time with stringy meat so I keep away from it.   Now for the Good stuff.  I went to the doctors and had all the blood work done and   my diabetes and my cholesteral are all in normal range.  NO MEDS!!!!!   Another good thing is that I am down to the 140's...I have been stuck in the 150's for a while.   I still question whether I should have had this procedure because it sucks trying to eat. 

wseymour

USAF Wife
on 3/28/11 2:19 am
Congrats on your loss thus far, and getting off your meds. Can I ask why you struggle with eating? I don't do well with pork to this day, and I'm almost 22 months out.

For me, things really got better food wise around 6-7 months out. But, it was a lot of trial and error.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

FaithForward
on 3/28/11 3:37 am - Houston, TX
Your expecting - congratulations!!  I recall one of your posts saying you were trying.  Babies are such a blessing even when they keep you up all night and puke on you.  :)  I tried your facebook link on your old siggy, but it didn't work.
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

USAF Wife
on 3/28/11 3:40 am
You can message me your Facebook stuff. It seems some find me easily others have difficult, I'm not sure what the problem is.

My FB url is facebook.com/sparkleandcharm
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

doingit4good
on 3/28/11 7:14 pm - Malone, NY
There are a lot of foods that I can't eat because they stick.  Lunch meat, stringy meat, bread...etc.  So I stick to ole faithfuls and try again later down the road.  Noe thing I have tried recently is salad and I did okay with it.   Have you kept all your weight off so far?

wseymour

cattywompos
on 3/28/11 3:34 am
There are still some things that my sleeve does not like.  Lunch meat, milk, salad all give me issues sometimes.  I just keep going back and trying them.  Could it be that stringy meat is too dry for you? Have you tried it with gravy?  I only say that because I can't eat lunch meat alone, but on a sandwhich I do okay and I think it is because of the condiments.  I went through a period where I questioned my sanity in doing this.  I was having such a hard time with food. Wanting food, wanting more food, making the right food choices, food regret and then one day it all changed. It got better and now I have no regrets what so ever.  I think the mind is the hardest thing to change in this whole process.  Try not to look at what you have given up but what you have gained.  I mean my gosh... I can only dream of being in the 140's!!  Way to go!!  And I bet you feel so much better being off all those meds!  Woo hoo!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

doingit4good
on 3/28/11 7:11 pm - Malone, NY
I agree with you about looking at the positive and I pretty much do.  I do try to go back to things that didn't work before and try them with condiments and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.  Lunch meat is hard for me and i don't do it at all right now.  The meat that is stringy does get to me and to have a hot meal it is hard because you have to eat that stuff so slow that it is cold before you get done...lol   It looks like you are having sucess with your sleeve too, way to go!    I remember one point in my life weighing 276 and thinking I will never be skinny and I have big bones...but we all know that big bone therory is not that true and so is the thought that I could not get smaller.   How are you feeling?   
   Thanks for the encouragement and the reply back.   I am hoping to get someone to take a after pic of me so i can post it.

wseymour

Most Active