Sore stabby pain above incision where tummy exited

Jeep1974
on 3/28/11 10:01 am - MI
Hi everyone, I am 9 weeks post op and doing great otherwise. I asked the nurse about this when I was at a nutrition class last week, but it had just gotten achier as the days have gone by. She said that it is normal to have pain when the abdominal muscles are regenerating and making connections again....

It is about a four inch wide area and is about an inch above the incision. The incision has always looked great and there is nothing externally wrong with it. I have been swimming about once oer week, but I stopped for a week and it was still there. This has been going on for about three weeks, I would guess..... Since about week 6.

I took two Vicodin that I had left over and they havent even touched the pain. Is this worth a call in to the surgeon or should it wait? Like I said, everything else is ok.... Maybe a little fatigue. I have had textbook healing though.

smilinmomof3
on 3/28/11 10:53 am - MI
Never hurts to call the doctor - that's what he's there for. I hope you feel better soon.

WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

4theloveofhorsz
on 3/28/11 10:56 am - Austin, TX
Agree, don't hesitate and call the doctor. If it's nothing then you just wasted a phone call, if there is a problem, probably the faster you catcher the better...
By the way when I had a horrible toothache I took a little bit of the left over pain medicine and did nothing for the pain, then I took just 2 plain old advils and magic!! pain is gone...

Good luck!!!

maggieandrockysmo
mma

on 3/28/11 11:01 am
my advice would be to call.  I know that with my doctor, he says to call if it is something you don't think it is right... and if this doesn't seem right to you, call.
Jeep1974
on 3/28/11 11:25 am - MI
I did call and he suggested the Advils.... He thinks I must have pulled somethung, but that it is very common to have this sort of pain in this spot.

Thanks everyone.

PatrickIL
on 3/29/11 1:34 am - IL
My surgeon said the pain is from the extra stiches that are put in the abdominal muscle wall for the hole that the trochar makes.
Most Active