Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

txangel22
on 3/29/11 9:08 am
Hi y'all, wow it is really good to be back on here!! I always miss getting on and looking to see how everyone has been but school has really taken over my life!! LOL Anyways, I am really extremely frustrated because I have not lost any weight in 11 days!! I know that maybe that doesn't seem like that long but it feels like an eternity to me!!! I really don't like it and don't know what I need to do!!  I can't figure out if I am done losing ( this would be so devastating to me) or if I just need to do something different!!!  I have lost 50 lbs so far and I am so thankful for that but I have so much more that I want to get rid of!!!  So please give me your advise and opinions please!! I need all of the help I can get!! I am starting to feel like I have failed or I have screwed this up somehow!! LOL I know that y'all understand how I feel!!
Thanks so much!!!!!!
Kala

1st Month - 30 lbs 2nd Month - 8 lbs 3rd Month - 11 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 9:14 am - Underwood, ND
I have no thad the surgery yet, but from what I've read about stalls is that even tho you're not losing weight, you're losing inches.  Your body has to adjust to the weight loss by shrinking in inches as well.  I wouldn't sweat it!  If you're making the right food choices and getting your protein and fluids in then you should be good!  WTG on the 50lbs by the way!!!! 
txangel22
on 3/29/11 9:16 am
Awwww thank you so much Mindy!!! I really appreciate it!! Yes you are probably right, I hadn't really thought of it in that way!! LOL Thank you again and good luck to you and with your surgery!!!
Kala

njmom5870
on 3/29/11 9:15 am
That happened to me the first 10 days of March and I was FRUSTRATED!  What I did was switch to a protein shake for breakfast, stop eating cheese and I increased my exercise.  I think if you switch up your foods it makes a difference.  I read on a post that if you increase your protein, that will help break a stall.  Also, be sure to journal and measure your food (for at least a few days).  Things like nuts can add extra calories to your diet if they aren't strictly measured.  Good Luck
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

txangel22
on 3/29/11 9:19 am
Awwww NJMOM you are awesome!!! Thank you so much and yes I will definitely do those things!!!  I can't thank you enough for your advise!!! Congrats to you on your weightloss!!!
Kala

katier825
on 3/29/11 9:20 am
 Are you weighing/measuring your food?  Tracking what you eat?  Exercising?  I understand that there can be a few stalls along the way, which allows your body to catch up and readjust.  I have been a slow loser on the all along, thankfully, I'm losing inches - otherwise I'd go nuts!  I keep telling myself that what's on the scale is just a number and as long as I'm thinning out, that's the most important thing to me.  Stick to the program and the scale will start moving again!
txangel22
on 3/30/11 2:00 am
Yeah, Katier825 I have not been measuring because I just got out of the habit but have started measuring again!!  And another thing is that I have never measured myself and I guess I really should start doing that!! LOL Thank you so much for your help!!
Kala

Marie B.
on 3/29/11 9:21 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
Hi Sweetie.  First off, a little perspective.  50 lbs. in 3 months is amazing!  Congratulations!  Now, I'm not too much further along then you, but I can tell you I've had long stalls as well.  It's very frustrating.  But if you are sticking to the program, the scale will move again.  Are you tracking EVERY BITE????  I like to use the tracker right here under TOOLS.  It's convenient and easy.  Are you keeping your protein high?  At least 70 grams a day?  How about the carbs?  Are you keeping them below 40 grams a day?  Are you eating junk calories?  Processed foods?  Breads, cake, ice cream, etc?  What about your water intake?  Getting over 8 big glasses a day?  What about salt?  Soups and bouillons are loaded with salt.  Are you exercising?  Even making a commitment to walk a mile a day will help.
Don't give up, you will make it as long as you keep on keeping on!
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

txangel22
on 3/30/11 2:04 am
Marie, thank you so much for your response and for the compliment of my weightloss!! I really appreciate it!! And most of the questions that you asked me are mostly no!! LOL Thank you so much for asking me those questions because now daily these are questions that I can ask myself for my success!!! Congrats on your weightloss as you have done an amazing job!!! WOW
Thank you again,
Kala

NanaDebby65
on 3/29/11 11:21 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Kala, you are not done!! I had a 5 week long stall when I was about 3-4 months out and it was really frustrating! I too was down about 50 lbs and became really depressed because I thought I was done. However, when I started losing again I lost an average of 10 lbs per month. So dont give up!! Keep following your doctor/nut's plan and get all your required protien/water in. You will start losing again! I honestly believe at certain times our bodies have to take a break and adjust. I did notice I would lose inches when I wasnt losing weight, so you may want to take your measurements during your stalls. The funny thing is I have been at goal since November and not losing weight but all the sudden my jeans are getting really loose. I guess I'm still losing inches?? 

Hang in there!!

Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
Most Active