Weight Gain After VSG?

Stephanie M.
on 3/30/11 11:33 am
There isn't any weight loss surgery that is right for someone with an eating disorder. No offense, but I don't imagine that any reputable doctor would touch you until you could get cleared by a psychologist and prove that your bulemia was totally in remission.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

wantabeskinny2011
on 3/30/11 11:42 am
I to had the band. I got the sleeve 3-11-11, and it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. If your insurance paid for you band most likely it will pay for the sleeve also. I was cash pay all the way so i have spent over $20,000 on both weight loss surgeries. I am a little over 2 weeks out from surgery and I'm already down 30lbs. I couldn't say that with the crappy band! I would do it all over again tomorrow. Good luck on your journey!
breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 3/30/11 12:14 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
 It sounds like you went through a lot of emotional stress that started your regain.  Have you thought about seeing a counselor who specializes in disordered eating so that you have coping mechanisms in place to help you avoid stress eating and regain.  I started talking with someone a couple months before my surgery and it really helped me dig more deeply into why I overate in the first place, so I could be successful with my sleeve.  All the best to you!

Most Active