Yay it's been seven days since my WLS!!

Jamae623
on 3/31/11 4:48 am, edited 3/31/11 5:05 am - Washington, DC
 I'm walking around a lot.. I'm actually ready to go back to work BUT the only problem I do have is that I have no appetite which may not be a bad thing and I don't like any type of shake or smoothie that I make.. Should I try to force myself a little more to drink them?

Thank you guys!!

T

missjanuary31
on 3/31/11 5:01 am - oak park, MI
Congrats girl day 7 seemed like it took forever and now that im almost 3 weeks im like were did the time go. Well as far as appetite i dont have one either but i was instructed i need to eat every 2 hrs that im still working on.  I dont wanna say force yourself but i do notice when i dont get the protein in i feel weak or tired. So just find different ways i drank isopure blue rassberry it sticks but it kinda reminds me of juice also i got some protein jello from gnc 23 grams. Also someone told me to mix protein shake with jello sugar free pudding so vanilla with cheese cake flavor. So keep up the good work . i have to start going hard on the drinks bc im going back to work wednesday and i have to be functional bc all they do is eat at my job.
Jamae623
on 3/31/11 5:09 am - Washington, DC
 Thank you MissJanuary31,
So I should try to drink protein every 2 hours? Ohhhh Jello from GNC!! I will try that as well.. 
Also, I know that reflux is normal but as soon as I take a sip of anything I immediately burp. 
Is that normal?

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 5:06 am
i wish i didn;t want to eat!  lol  Glad you are doing well.
Jamae623
on 3/31/11 5:11 am - Washington, DC
 TY Lisa! 
When you say you wish you didn't want to eat, does your stomach growl? 
I can watch ppl eat and I'm not bothered at all, I just don't want that to last forever lolol.. 
missjanuary31
on 3/31/11 5:40 am - oak park, MI

no problem i had the acid feelng, reflux and gas i wasnt sure exactly what it was but when it got to the point where i was feeling that way and i hadnt even ate anything i went and brought some prolisec and i felt 10 times better i was made that i waited a week bc it was miserable.  Just do what u can tolerate thus far i hear that the unjury protein powder is good doesnt have a taste and u can place it in yogurt or your chicken broth but difinitely try isopure bc its like juice but its 40 grams of protein its a good start. Have you tried cream of wheat or oatmeal at least those are some things that may help. My stomach made all types of noises when at first but i dont recognize anything anymore.

Jamae623
on 3/31/11 5:56 am - Washington, DC
 I have unjury but only chocolate... I'm not big on broths <--ack! 
isn't oatmeal a solid food? I'm scared to eat solid foods.. I don't know why but I'm scared :-(

Sharon R.
on 3/31/11 8:54 am - VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with

I have not had surgery yet but I love the Unjury; hopefully I will still like it after surgery

That which does not kill me makes me stronger
Height:  5.9   HW: 274  SW: 263
Sharon           

Babynesh05
on 3/31/11 10:02 pm - Germany
 Your doing great! I am 4 months out and I still have no appetite or get hungry.. I have to set times during the day to eat or drink something.. 

have you tried putting stuff in your shakes like SF jello pudding?! makes them taste better, though I dont do shakes anymore.. I make plenty of snacks that have lots of protein usually my snack is my meal though lol

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Most Active