Question for the Ladies.... No period for two months post op?

BrittBritt
on 3/31/11 12:11 am - Grafton, OH
Hey guys. The title kinda explains it all... Is it normal to not have a period after surgery. Ive always been totally regular like clockwork...but not since surgery. Ive already missed TWO! Just wondering if this is normal or if I should be worried. Thanks everyone!!! :)
strong enough. Pictures, Images and Photos

byebyeburden
on 3/31/11 12:25 am
I didn't have any problems with my period....so someone else will have to tell you if it is normal. 

Would there be 'any' other reason to miss a period; you know what I mean???   if you are sure there is not, I am sure it was the surgery and your hormones are just getting back on track.  If there was a possiblity that there is a 'reason' then you might want to just take a test to ease your mind.  Good luck.
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

SunnyinSD
on 3/31/11 12:38 am - San Diego, CA
I haven't yet had VSG surgery, but I did have gallbladder surgery about 2 years ago.  I ran into the same issue - no period for 2 months after surgery.  According to my doctor the surgery is a traumatic experience and your body stops ovulating until it heals.  So if you had surgery before ovulation, then your period is put on hold until your body heals.  If you had had surgery after ovulation, the surgery probably would have made your period come earlier than normal.

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

novascotiadawn
on 3/31/11 12:39 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Maybe you're expecting?

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

FaithForward
on 3/31/11 12:47 am - Houston, TX
Good for you. I started in the hospital the day after surgery (even though I had just finished a regular cycle a week before surgery) and I've had one every month since then and they last forever - spotting for a good 2 weeks. Annoying!
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

stephanie507
on 3/31/11 12:59 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
I am going through the same thing right after surgery had my period now almost two months out my cycle is not doing what it should and no i have no reason to worry about needing a test. lol but it only spotted this month I don't know and not worrying yet.  I am happy because no babies for me lol. 

ccbelle14
on 3/31/11 3:42 am - Minneapolis, MN
Now that I think of it, I've only had some minor spotting since surgery. BUT before surgery I simply didn't have periods - I'd go 6-18 months before I'd have one on my own. If I was on bc that fixed it. I thought after surgery and since I'm down so much that I'd be more regular with my periods...weird, right? I've also not had the mood swings that other people experience, do you? My guess is that my hormones are still adjusting and eventually things will settle down. I would suggest you talk with both your surgeon and PCP if you're concerned.

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active