Depression heads up

Cari K.
on 4/2/11 12:47 pm - CA
I'm 9.5 weeks post op and coming out of a depression low which affected my energy level and weight loss.  I've been on depression medicine (Cymbalta, 30mg) since before surgery, but needed a med change.  Two factors played in---meds are digested differently after VSG so I wasn't metabolizing the same amount, and weight loss usually causes the need for a med change.  I assume my meds will need to be adjusted again (and again...) with more weight loss.

Just a heads up to not get discouraged!  We all lose weight and feel better at our own pace.  Relax, and remember when comparing your weight loss with others who have had the same surgery around the same time, they may not be dealing with the same health issues.  We can do this if we just stay positive and keep plugging forward.  Utilize these forums and your new friends here with your questions.  WE are the best resource for each other!

Love to all!  

Cari
Cari  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HW: 303 lbs.  SW: 288 lbs.  GW: 165 lbs.  Ht: 5'10"  Age: 45  Surgery: VSG  Date: 01/25/11

Sassy 1
on 4/2/11 1:19 pm
Thanks for the good info and I hope you are feeling better!  We ARE in this together!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SassyItalian
on 4/2/11 1:26 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
glad you were able to recognize the need for treatment or changing your course of meds.

yea i have been fighting the depression bug also since surgery. it seems like it is almost at bay, although i do have some manic moments..

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

alicia601
on 4/3/11 8:48 am - NY
I tske cymbalta 30 mg and effexor xr and from what my doctor has told me as well as my own research is... since we have the vsg we are still able to take extended release pills as our digestive system wasnt compromised. My meds havent been giving me any problems thank god, I am actually going to be increasing my cymbalta.

Most Active